It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security opening private mail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735

I would rather be killed by a terrorist for the freedoms I have, than live one more day without any freedoms at all. You feel otherwise, and I would think long and hard about that.

Yawn ..............

You have Freedom, more than most, if America is to restrictive for you why dont YOU go seek your freedom paradise elsewhere instead of suggesting i do ?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Yawn ..............

You have Freedom, more than most, if America is to restrictive for you why dont YOU go seek your freedom paradise elsewhere instead of suggesting i do ?

Because it is our right to protect the real values and principles of our nation...and not the newly politically crafted ones that people use, including the purported "intentions" of our founding fathers, to contort and twist the plain meaning of the very words that serve as the protection afforded to us by our constitution against potential abuses of power.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by loam]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is so interesting that I can not stay away from posting, no wonder the government is stepping all over our constitutional rights the onces that our elected politicians and president swore on a bible to protect and upheld.

I can tell right now for the response of some in these threads I can see how easily people will accept a dictator in our country and happily walk to gas chambers.

Incredible.

Yes lets open all the mail and let homeland security put a guard in every door in homes in American.

After all Americans need to be Protected from themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yawn ..............

Well, this certainlly illustrates my point. At least you're being honest about your desire for a nanny state. Foolhardy and cowardly though it may be.

I have civil rights, we all do, and that goes well beyond the infrastructure of the country itself. These aren't luxuries, these are birthrights, given to us by patriots who died to acquire them. Buildings may fall. Lives may be lost, but you will NOT violate my constitutional rights, or anyone else's.

To answer your question, it's my country and I'm not giving up my God given birthright, so chickenhawks can sleep without trembling at night. You can live your life in fear. I'm not going to, and I'm not going to allow people like you to take away my freedom, and my liberty, because your "flight or fight response" is set on RUN SCREAMING.

My inner Libertarian is set on stun, and you better get used to it.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
My inner Libertarian is set on stun, and you better get used to it.

LMAO!!!!

That is the best thing I have read all night!!!

Thank you for that!

...my inner Libertarian... classic.... truly classic...

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is beyond me so many of you up in arms about these "Freedoms" youve lost.

Letter opening that always existed aside, list what other freedoms you have lost that makes you all such prisoners of the American Government ?

Just for the record i dont even live in America, the picture your painting makes it sound like your all prisoners there already.

so ... Tell me what other Freedoms have you lost ? I would imagine none, your government has just introduced extra powers to aid there constitutional obligation of protecting your ungrateful backsides.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

U.S. Circumvents Courts With Enemy Combatant Tag

The president is claiming unfettered power to circumvent the justice system and its safeguards of basic rights," said Kenneth Roth, Executive Director of Human Rights Watch. "There should be a strong presumption that anyone arrested in the United States, far from any battlefield, be granted the full legal protections of the criminal justice system-including the right to counsel and not to be held without charges.

And...

3 GOP senators blast Bush bid to bypass torture ban

Three key Republican senators yesterday condemned President Bush's assertion that his powers as commander in chief give him the authority to bypass a new law restricting the use of torture when interrogating detainees.

And...

Supreme Court backs municipal land grabs

In a victory for cities, a divided Supreme Court concluded Thursday that local governments have the authority to seize private land and turn the property over to private developers for economic development.

These seem like significant losses. Where is the accountability?

Shall I also mention the use of:

...secret detention centers

...no-bid contracting

...unreviewable, unappealable, erroneous no-fly lists

...and who knows what else...

If an alien read our constitution for the first time, would he assume any of the above possible???

Explain to me how the above items are any different from the totalitarian regimes we purport to oppose?

While our government is spouting off a the mouth about "spreading freedom in the world", it is doing the very opposite within our own boarders.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Just for the record i dont even live in America, the picture your painting makes it sound like your all prisoners there already.

Wait, you don't even live here?

I'm dismissing your arguement, and buggering it right off.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Loam you still havnt managed to display how you have lost any freedoms, maybe you guys are feeling sorry for yourselfs and clutching at straws? so paranoid that you create imaginary shackles ?

Please i dont see any of you living in this prison of America that youve tried to draw here, your as free as the day you where born.

But becareful the boogyman might get yah!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Then in your world view, nothing should be feared unless it has specifically happened to you. Why bother having any concern for terrorism at all? How many people has that happened to?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Then in your world view, nothing should be feared unless it has specifically happened to you. Why bother having any concern for terrorism at all? How many people has that happened to?

No sir it would seem that in your world you feel that you should fear nothing even when it HAS happened to you.

Unless ofcoarse you just plain old have something to hide in your mail ?

[edit on 103131p://080110 by NumberCruncher]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I do not believe unfettered and unaccountable power can be used without eventual abuse.

I have no such faith in my fellow man.

History supports my position.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I do not believe unfettered and unaccountable power can be used without eventual abuse.

Me neither, it doesn't mean however that I want to abolish every single law that gets abused, as long as we take step to correct those abuses I’m satisfied.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
As a continuation of the items of outrage above...

Nonpartisan arm of Congress says wiretaps may be illegal

A 44-page nonpartisan Congressional Research Service report on whether President Bush had the legal authority to impose surveillance on international calls without consulting Congress found that Bush's claim of executive power was not "well grounded" in law, RAW STORY has learned.

The report, issued Thursday, offers the strongest indication to date that secretive National Security Agency spying conducted in the wake of Sept. 11 was illegal. It was prepared by legislative attorneys at the nonpartisan research arm of Congress.

It noted that Congress has had an active role in regulating surveillance, and was unlikely to inherently defer to the executive branch.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735who want to replace essential freedoms with totalitarianism.

Like yourself.

swearbear
Just ignore NumberCruncher's paranoid ramblings.

Keep the discussion about the topic, not other posters.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This thread alone, if true, speaks volumes for why we need government accountability.

ATS: Project Northwoods. America's plan to attack America.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think at the hieght of this spying.that the good ole boys,[Bush camp]were spying on anybody who was a threat to the administration.let alone the country.that is why there is such an outcry in Washington? and furthermore we will not hear the far reaching effects of the damage that was caused by this blatent act of espionage against american corparations and citizens.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Me neither, it doesn't mean however that I want to abolish every single law that gets abused, as long as we take step to correct those abuses I’m satisfied.

OK, They read his latter. They made it clear who they were. If they just resealed his latter as is, he would not have had a clue. The fact that they did make it clear that someone looked at it is admits that they are doing there job and not being so clock & dagger about things like some people think.
It is upsetting to see us so at arms with each other! We do not need someone from the outside to attack us
We are starting a to attack each other.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Mod police please remove this last post from me. It was a ops!!
I hate being a noob

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Mr101Hazardous]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Well said WestPoint, well said, I think that the reason we do not take some of the abuses for real is due to the fact that we are not aware of been under this abuses yet.

But as soon one of us feel it then we would scream foul play.
Specially if we are inocent of any wrong doings.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join