It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldnt Rumsfeld have been fired for incompetency after 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just a thought, maybe naive of me, but worth asking. Shouldnt Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld have been fired for incompetency after 9/11? I mean, correct me if i am wrong, but he is the Defense Secretary, in charge of defending the United States. On 9/11, 4 hi-jacked planes, 3 of them which hit their targets, were able to do the things they did; and Rumsfeld said that the first he knew about it was when he felt a ''jarring thing'', when the Pentagon got hit!

Shouldnt he have been fired? His job was to protect the United States, he failed to protect the United States. Why wasnt he fired? Instead he was praised. ''Good Job, Mr. Rumsfeld, you acted very courageously under intense pressure.''

Am I the only person that sees something wrong with this picture?

[edit on 6-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I personally thought an upstanding person would have resorted to sepukku.

He's obviously not the sort to accept responsibility so completely, so yes, if he couldn't bare to gut himself, he should have been fired.

The vast majority of corporate criminals in America are rewarded for their failures. Rummy is certainly no exception.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Rumsfeld was in a meeting with instructions to not be disturbed, and he was not[until an airliner crashed into the Pentagon].

The military did exactly as they were ordered to in CJCSI 3610.01.a.

They created a plan to intercept, and waited after they forwarded the request to the Secretary of Defense for approval.

The planes sat on the ground because approval was never received.

You see....50 year old defense policy was changed three months and ten days before 911 stripping the commander on watch of the power to defend America.

for Hijackings only....

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thats true. Donald Rumsfeld, acting on orders from Dick Cheney, wrote a letter to the Generals normally in charge of the hi-jacking defense procedure, and told them we are stripping all power from you, and transfering them to us. This, just weeks before 9/11. I wonder why nothing was done to stop those planes on that day, I wonder....

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Right around the time the president was busy playing Top Gun (for his frat brothers) on the "mission accomplised day," Rumsfeld should have been sacked.

He should also be tried for war crimes.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Rumsfeld has summited his resignation in various occasions but Bush refused to accept it.

Specially when the scandal of abuse in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Rumsfeld has summited his resignation in various occasions but Bush refused to accept it.

So the story goes..

Sounds like a big mound of BS to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Why? I thought he did a pretty good job of pulling 9/11 off, the fact that he isn't in jail is proof alone.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Why? I thought he did a pretty good job of pulling 9/11 off, the fact that he isn't in jail is proof alone.

Well.. when you put it that way!

He is good at bullying people around.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Specially when the scandal of abuse in Iraq.

Its all a play catering to the extremes in America.

It matters not who wears the suit and holds the title because all of them serve higher powers.

People like Bush, and Cheney sold their freedoms for the promise of power long ago.

new topics

top topics

join