It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ongoing Wolverine series announced.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Today Marvel Comics has announced that there will be a new monthly Wolverince title called Wolverine: Origins.

comicbookresources.com

How does WOLVERINE: ORIGINS differ from Logan's current series? Marvel Editor Axel Alonso chomps at the bit to spill his guts to curious readers: "Well, as we all know, in the aftermath of HOUSE OF M, Logan has regained his memory. He knows his past -- all of it. Armed with a clearer sense of who he is, why he is, and who done him wrong, Logan's got a whole new set of priorities. WOLVERINE: ORIGINS will see Logan don his brown costume and embark on a private mission to set wrongs right, get some revenge, deal with some demons, rekindle some lost relationships, and come to terms with major revelations about the complicated tapestry of his origin...and the patterns he seems doomed to repeat."

They haven't announced who will be the creative team on the book but if I was in charge I would try to get either Chris Claremont or Larry Hamma to write the book.

Check out the tan costume above. I hope we will be seeing lots of that

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ahh the old tan costume.

I happen to have most of the first 40 issues of the Wolverine series from many years back AND I also have the very rare Wolverine 4-issue limited series where he goes to Japan (from the 1980's).

I also have this issue (Cover to Uncanny X-Men #133. Art by John Byrne).

It's interesting that years and years after I stopped reading comics (collecting in the 100 and 200's and now they are in the 450+ range)...they finally reveal his origins. I might have to track some of that down or read some of this new series to check it out.

Lately I have been thinking about climbing in my attic and getting out the boxes of bagged comics. I have about 5000+ with huge runs of many, many comics. My Xmen comics take more than one box. Of course my Xmen #8 (original series) is kept elsewhere.

Problem is, I have no idea where to try and sell them.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If you are interested in selling your collection e-Bay might work for you. I think you will make more on there rather than selling to your local comic retailer.

That 4 issue limited series by Clairmont and Miller is always hot. I would hold out on selling it until the next Sin City movie comes out or even X3. I bet their value will go up again at that time.

Personally I've decided I'm never going to sell my collection. I'm just going to give them to my son when he is old enough to take care of them.

Your collection sounds really good and I'm sure you will find a buyer quickly. I'm interested but I don’t have the cash to buy out a collection

This new Wolverine series is a spin off of the Origin books that came out a while ago. The books are valuable and sort of hard to find. In the books Logan is revealed to be about 100 years old. He is still Canadian
He grew up on a farm in Alberta. His birth name is James Howlett.

I bet these new books will show more of his time in Japan, his Alpha Flight days, his time with the CIA, and hopefully some things that we haven’t seen before.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
If you are interested in selling your collection e-Bay might work for you. I think you will make more on there rather than selling to your local comic retailer.

No, I tried once. Maybe in bigger groups...but I was suprised it didn't work well.

Personally I've decided I'm never going to sell my collection. I'm just going to give them to my son when he is old enough to take care of them.

Ditto. Well, for my daughters anyway.

Your collection sounds really good and I'm sure you will find a buyer quickly. I'm interested but I don’t have the cash to buy out a collection.

Yeah, I have donated many boxes to Children's Hospital...but I am keeping some to sell.

He is still Canadian
He grew up on a farm in Alberta. His birth name is James Howlett.

Same with me.
Well, except the name part.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That's a really cool idea donating comics to the children’s hospital.

I can't think of a better medium for kids to get into. I credit my reading skills to picking up comics at an early age. I remember when I was very young I would come across words in a comic that I didn't know and I would have to look them up in the dictionary. Comics also sparked my interest in art. Honestly I credit a lot of my character to comic books.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

comicbookresources.com now has more info on the new book.

The creative team will be writer, Daniel Way and artist, Steve Dillon.

Writer Daniel Way and artist Steve Dillon, known for BULLSEYE: GREATEST HITS, PUNISHER VS BULLSEYE, and SUPREME POWER: NIGHTHAWK, will reunite for WOLVERINE: ORIGINS #1...and beyond.

WOLVERINE: ORIGINS, premiering this April, will detail Logan/Wolverine's quest to set his past into order and fulfill a list of personal priorities. In the aftermath of HOUSE OF M, he knows his origins completely but wants to explore that history and perhaps relive some of it. The new series promises revenge, validation, passion, and not a little globe-trotting.

Daniel Way, one of Marvel's Ten Terrific writers, had a strong reaction when first offered the book. "When it was decided that I would be allowed to continue my story of Logan's past and future in a brand-new series, free from any entanglements with the various upcoming crossovers, I...well, as geeky as it sounds, I was honored. This is one of Marvel's top two characters, so getting the green light to go ahead meant a great deal to me. I'm confident, however, that I'll nail this one-I've been laying out the story for over a year now, cross-checking facts, keeping an eye on continuity, networking with other writers...in short, I've done my homework. To tell you the truth, I feel like the cat that ate the canary because only I and three other people on the planet know where this is all going...but only I know how it's going to get there."

The link has some more interior art as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
ZeddicusZulZorander, find your local comic community and "mingle" (if you decide to sell them and not donate them that is) and just mention what you've got and the offers will roll in. Never bring a sample though you might get rolled for it. A hostage style photo with you holding varius valuable ones should suffice

[edit on 5-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
1) He got all his memory back - can someone in the know tell me what the memeories were?
I had ventured back into comic for a tad, after picking up one of "THE END" oneshots for Hulk ( STELLAR read & art).
They starting doing one for Wolverine, but it was like 3 months between issues!!!

2) In the old costume - how does he get the shirt sleeves not to roll up on his shoulders? ( that always bugged me, back in the day!)

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
He didn't get his memories back in that story. They just wrote a story that took place 100 years ago in Alberta. I haven't read the book but I think they revealed that his memories were not taken away. His memories were just so traumatic that his healing factor got rid of them.

Recently there was a big Marvel crossover called "House of M" where everyone got their harts desires. Wolverine got all his memories back in that story. I never did buy the last few issues of "House of M" so I don't know if he still has his memories. Most likely he doesn't.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Comicbookresources.com now has a five page preview of Wolverine: Origins #1

Click the link above to see the preview.

top topics

join