It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilley On David Letterman 1/3/06

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Searched, but couldn't find it.
Did anyone see Letterman rip O'Reilley on his issues with Sheehan as well as Letterman saying "I believe 60% of what you say is crap."
It was quite a sight to see. Letterman pretended to be all smiles with Bill and then turned up the notch after O'Reilley told stories of school systems not being allowed to say "Christmas" and how terrible that was, to which Letterman said he was making up. Never have I seen O'Reilley be so angry and just sit there. Great television, and worthy of discussing.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by MKugs]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Its on the lateshow site, but I can't get it to work. I think it's my adblocker

www.cbs.com...#

Edit: It didn't work in Firefox. Works in IE...

It's great!

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You can watch hit here

onegoodmove.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Its on the lateshow site, but I can't get it to work. I think it's my adblocker

www.cbs.com...#

Won't work for me either, they took it down. Also I heard it was just a small clip.

Originally posted by RebelSaint
You can watch hit here

onegoodmove.org...

Yes, thank you I've heard, but for some reason that site is horribly slow for me.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by MKugs]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw it. And it was OK TV. Bill was pissed but was so smitten to be on big time tv with letterman he controlled himself pretty good. If this had of been a competition...

Bill l.5
Dave 8.5

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKugs

Won't work for me either, they took it down. Also I heard it was just a small clip.

Nope. It's still there and it's about 5 minutes or so. Covers several topics.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Yeah, I saw it. And it was OK TV. Bill was pissed but was so smitten to be on big time tv

Actually, Bill O'rielly has a lrger audience base than Letterman. One could argue Letterman had a "big time" guest.

with letterman he controlled himself pretty good.

I don't know... I had difficulty seeing much humor coming from Letterman's corner. In fact; I'd say he seemed somewhat beaked. Though, the topics they discussed were hardly the kind one could draw much humor from. Bill didn't seemed pissed to me.

If this had of been a competition...

Bill l.5
Dave 8.5

Letterman lost a lot of credibility with me when he stated he believes 60% of what Bill says is "crap". When Bill asked him to give an example; Letterman proclaimed that he can't since he never watches his show. You don't tell someone their full of it and not provide reasons why!!

I do believe Bill (and traditionalsits for that matter) are chasing an "anti-Christmas Boogeyman"; but I also believe that there are many, like Letterman, who have opinions but can't provide good reasons for having them.

Letterman clearly came to Sheehan's defense; a woman who has proclaimed insurgents to be "freedom fighters" and has constantly refered to our involvement in Iraq as "occupying conquerers" and the "unjust" war in which Bush killed her son. This, despite the fact, that her son REENLISTED FOR FOUR MORE YEARS just before he was killed. Clearly, her son believed in HIS reasons for being there. Makes me wonder what kind of crap she wrote him in letters and how that might have affected his psyche. In any case--I'm getting a little off topic and I apologize.

Aside from the Anti-Christmas nonsense; I believe Bill came out ahead. Letterman clearly seemed uncomfortable and relatively inarticulate on the important subject matters.

Then again; he's only an entertainer.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
They debated taht very thing on O'Reilly's show tonight. I didnt get to see the Letterman show, but O'Reilly showed most of it. It started off quite friendly, but in my opinion I thought Letterman was kind of a dick to him. He invites him onto the show and tries to rip him. Not cool at all Dave. Though O'Reilly got one or two shots back, but hey its Lettermans show, he can do what he wants. But in my opinion, it seemed like Letterman was kind of acting vindictive, like he had some kind of grudge against O'Reilly.

[edit on 1/5/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I saw it on the Factor, to me it seemed unlike Letterman to debate O'Rielly like that, and it seemed O'Rielly was much funnier than Letterman too.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think Dave was quiet tame. "60% crap"--how about 80% is crap and the rest is spun so completely that it is simply untrue.

At the end of the day if Dave feels that way about O'reilly he had to keep it real and let him know. Love the hits for Cindy Sheehan, because I feel some conservatives went too far while trying to silence her. They took it to personal attacks and tried to blame those attacks on liberals...a very low point for those people in my book.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the link BH, I laughed when O'reilly called MI6 'm-one-six' what a total dimtard. Saphronia I agree with you that 80% is much more accurate.

It was a shame that Letterman didn't do some research or get someone else to do it so he could have some specific examples to back up his attack, to say that he couldn't cite any because he didn't watch the show is rubbish. I hate the ITV evening news here in the UK but watch it from time to time just to get a feel of what the masses are being told to think. It also surprised me that O'reilly wasn't plugging one of his awful books, all in all an enjoyable interview to watch if not a little pointless in my view for both sides taking part.

[edit on 5/1/2006 by Rhesus Negative]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Letterman is an entertainer, he shouldnt have tried to debate O'Reilly, who is quite a bit more experienced in that area. I think personally Dave made an ass of himself. Hes entitled to his opinion but I kinda felt he had some animosity towards O'Reilly. Though O'Reilly said he didnt think it was personal, maybe the culture war he spoke of on the factor last night is happening. I've seen this type of thing on alot of the ATS forums(especially war on terror).

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The thing about Letterman is he's not a political pundit. He doesn't claim to be and doesn't care to be. What pisses Letterman off most is anyone who comes on his show and is "fake". The ones that are there just to promote a movie and then move on. The other night he went so far as to tell Amy Sedaris that sometimes he "feels like a pimp for Hollywood"... He's got a good sense of when people are just full of crap. He doesn't base that on factcheck.org or what his insiders tell him. He bases that on sitting beside the person, looking them in the eyes, and seeing whether they are full of crap or not. O'Reilly didn't stand a chance because EVERYONE can tell he's full of crap. Dave saw through him like a Janet Jackson bra.

It reminded me of the Rush Limbaugh interview a few years back when Dave said, "You ever get the feeling you're just full of hot gas?"

Rush took it the way it was meant, as good-natured humor. O'Reilly isn't half the broadcaster Rush is and so he just gets pissed off like he's talking to another Al Franken. Bill is a big baby and his show the next day with Juan Williams "analyzing" his interview with Dave was pathetic. It's a show described by the host as "a little dog and pony show"... and they're analyzing it like it's the State of the Union.

I agree with the previous poster, Dave was being generous when he said 60%.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here's a link to the entire interview for those who are wondering what all the fuss is about:

O'Reilly on Letterman

new topics

top topics

join