It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RATS question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I jumped in end of December. I believe that access was only good until the end of the month I "purchased" access. However, I still have access. Will it be obvious when I need to renew? I just don't want it to lapse and have to "spend" another 5k points to re-start.

Economy is going without something you do want in case you should, some day, want something you probably won't want.
-Anthony Hope

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
After you pay the initial fee it's always 250 pts (I THINK) each month after.

Even if you skip a month or 6, it'll still be 250.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
5000 points is only payed once, after that it is 250 per month any time you resubscribe.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And when you lose access you won't be able to get in. Just pay the 250 and you're set.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Appreciate the quick response. Happy RATSing.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Access is good for a month, but there was a glitch that was found. Say you purchased access on the 27th, 3 days later, it expired. So I think they made it so that you get 30 days of access (to a forum that noone posts on)

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
(to a forum that noone posts on)

Now, that's not entirely true. Besides what are going to do with all those ATS points anyways? Are you saving them for your next trip to the mall? Might as well spend them here where they count. If you're not satisfied with the post count then just buy access every other month.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

What's up with the dog thing? I see it everywhere for the mods etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The thing about RATS is that it is a 'hidden' board, invisible to non-members and the www. If there was anything that a member wanted to talk about, but didn't want 100,000 other surfers to know about within 24 hours, because of whatever issues, then that is the board to go to.

I don't think it matters that there is not much traffic there. It's a safe haven for controversial issues to be discussed. The initial payment of 5,000 points is a good idea, imo, and the subsequent smaller payments are not a concern since we have a month to accumulate enough points.

I had the same concern, yeahright...about paying 5,000 points again. I'm glad this thread is here for others who are considering jumping on to this worthwhile feature of ATS.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
And when you lose access you won't be able to get in. Just pay the 250 and you're set.

Wow thats nice to know, thanks for asking that question. I thought you had to pay 5000 points everytime after the "renewale" time was over with.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I paid the 5000 but never had to pay the 250. It's been a few months now and I still have access.

I just RATTed on myself about RATS. Please don't make me pay...

[edit on 2-8-2008 by TheComte]

top topics

join