It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rightwing Group Warns: Barbi Doll Promotes Gender Confusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Those wacky chicks over at Concerned Women for America are at it again! Er.. I mean, take heed, oh you with female children! Barbi dolls promote the X agenda...

Take a look for yourself... And move over James Dobson!

The iconic Barbie Doll has become another tool for promoting gender confusion among children. On the Barbie Web site, www.Barbie.com, there is a poll that asks children their age and sex. The age choices are 4-8, but as Bob Knight, Director of CWA’s Culture & Family Institute, notes children are given three options for their choice of gender.
www.cwfa.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hey you know maybe some kid's can't tell the difference.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I had over 100 barbie's from age 3 onwards and I never got confused about who had what or what I had

Let me get this straight, because I didn't find much info on that link and even went to the Barbie site to try find this poll to no avail (too busy to look around and I got a headache from all the colours lol). They have given the kids a 3rd option to male/female ? What exactly is it ? Why would there be a 3rd option and what imbecile put it there ?

[edit on 3-1-2006 by ImJaded]

ok I see now, but how is this Barbie's fault exactly ?
They need to fire the people at Mattel who thought this would be cute
smh

[edit on 3-1-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't know what the X this is doing in BTS, but..

A religious conservative Republican group, Conservative Women for American, in-part led by 2nd lady Lynn Cheney, is saying that the barbie doll most girls grew up with, is leading the little girls astray. You know.. making them unsure of their gender. Confusing them. It's satanic and diabolical! So Beware! You have all been warned!

[edit on 1/3/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
lol oh I see *rolls eyes*

Anyway the only thing that is evil about Barbie is that she doesn't make any kind of sense, at all lol And she doesn't actually DO anything. Took over 100 Barbie's for me to find this out, but I was only like 10, I felt so ripped off ! So I started making her a woman scorned, Barbie became pregnant to ALL the Ken dolls I had, had STD's that started with every letter of the alphabet, she had no job, lived in a cardboard box and I didn't feed her *shrugs*

Take THAT Barbie U devil's spawn!

[edit on 4-1-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe I missed something here, but how does a very female looking doll in any way promote gender confusion? It's obviously not very hard to confuse me.
For the life of me, I do not understand how Barbie came to represent transgender issues in America. I must not get out enough, or something.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh! Didn't you get the memo from Focus on the Family's James Dobson (way back) that SpongeBob Squarepants is gay?! Same thing. It's insanely ridiculous. I'm a Christian, of the Southern Baptist persuasion, no less, but I think these Christian right-wing politicos make the rest of us look really STUPID!:shk:

As for Barbie, when the Evil Kneivel and GI Joe dolls came along, she dumped Ken so hard for them.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nope that memo clearly buzzed right on by me
. You know it's this sort of silliness that makes it hard for a somewhat concervitive (OK, very conservative) white guy like myself to be a concervative white guy.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is just silly... Although when I was a kid growing up watching Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street I had no idea it was brainwashing me to accept homosexual ideals. I didn't even know what a homosexual was when I was a kid... Christians that spout crap like this out of their mouths are what make the majority of Christians look bad. Is that Bert or ernie smoking a pipe in the bathtub? Anyway, he must be telling kids it's OK to hit the pipe!!!

[edit on 5-1-2006 by LostSailor]

top topics

join