It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Shift in ancient yogic text

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hi,

It has been a long time since I posted here, and reading something I stumbled on recently the Yoga Vasishta texts, I felt compelled to post about this. As I understand there a few of us who are interested in pole shifts et all. I really didn't know which forum to put this in, i'm hoping here will be appropriate.

Hither, I did not know these texts actually existed. I consider myself truly fortunate to have found them. They are a repository of wisdom and knowledge compiled by the famous and mythical writer Vamliki(the compiler of the epic Ramayana) Sage Vaishta was the teacher of Lord Rama. The text contains the discourses between Rama and Vasistha on nature of space, time, matter, energy, life, soul, god, purpose of life, the cause of suffering - basically all the philosophical and scientific questions that still confound man today. Vasi#a narrates this to Rama through the use of anecdotes, arguments and methaphors.

Surprisingly(this is slightly veering of course, but fascinating nonetheless) Sage Vasi#a condemns the practice of idol worship(a prevalent Hindu practice) and idoalization. He states that idol worship is akin to children creating fictitous characters when playing with dolls and derides it as childish.

Anyhow, while reading the texts, I came across a section discussing the cycles of time; creation and dissolution. It mentions, in very obvious terms that indicate the popular and modern concept of pole shifts.

It states that at the end of a certain period of time, a physical pole reveral takes place on earth. The points of the compass are altered, causing the climates to change, continents to shift from place to place, to part glacier regions and part mountainous regions and lands begins to sinq under water affecting all life on the planet. This happens suddenly.

It says this has happened fives times on Earth already.

I am not sure what to make of this, but it clearly sounds like that physical pole shift that some have prophecised to happen soon by such psychics like Edgar Cacye. To see it mentioned in clear terms in an ancient text is fascinating. I thought I would share it with you all.

It is a huge text and many volumes long. If I come across anything else on the pole shift, I will surely mention it here.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Anyhow, while reading the texts, I came across a section discussing the cycles of time; creation and dissolution. It mentions, in very obvious terms that indicate the popular and modern concept of pole shifts.

It says this has happened fives times on Earth already.

Hmm not sure what to think about this. I'm just surprised you havn't seen evidence of this in other texts you have read. You have done some much research in the Vedics it seems strange something as profound as this wouldn't be mentioned. Does that make you question the validity of this particular text? And do you know a rough date as to when it was written?

It states that at the end of a certain period of time, a physical pole reveral takes place on earth.

This is very interesting to me. Could you post a snippet of that portion of the text? Even if nothing actually happens during the reversal it's still quite a discovery to find ancient vedics were aware of a pole shift.

The points of the compass are altered

So then the magnetic compass was invented prior to this text being written? When was the magnetic compass invented...I looked it up and got varying speculation.

causing the climates to change, continents to shift from place to place, to part glacier regions and part mountainous regions and lands begins to sinq under water affecting all life on the planet. This happens suddenly.

Doesn't cause volcanic activity though?

So if the pole shift has happened 5 times in the past and causes what was just described I would think there would be mention of this in other texts? Mountainous regions and lands begining to sink under the water; is there an Atlantis like myth in the vedics?

**Edit: I just realized you said Yogic texts and not Vedic. So are these two timelines drastically different?

[edit on 033131p://8u42 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hah I don't believe this - there's some sort of wierd feature meaning I have to type a certain amount or I'm not allowed to post.

The only thing I want to know is: where can I read it for myself?

Boo for no more short replies!!

[edit on 10-1-2006 by Nova]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
edgar cayce was all over this stuff, and maybe they corroborate each other ???

www.edgarcayce.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
fascinating stuff indigo and it's nice to see back around

*per the texts, it said pole shifts have happened 5 times already right?

Well is there any scientific proof to back this up? Or would you consider certain events, such as the Great Flood of the Bible to perhaps be one of the last times that there was a pole shift??

wish I could read sanskrit

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
fascinating stuff indigo and it's nice to see back around

*per the texts, it said pole shifts have happened 5 times already right?

Well is there any scientific proof to back this up? Or would you consider certain events, such as the Great Flood of the Bible to perhaps be one of the last times that there was a pole shift??

wish I could read sanskrit

it is more than 6 months now .. but indigo is missing !

hey indigo, where are you ?

btw many of us read translations get the ideas written in sanskrit (whether using the devnagri script, tibetan script, chinese script, english script .. the sounds of the words are almost exactly the same as they were spoken when sankrit was written in the brahmi language)

to READ sanskrit directly or to know its GRAMMAR is not to become authoritative to others (others just don't like to accept the concept of someone being more knowing than you)

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I hadn't noticed this thread before. Pitty.

Did the authors at the time even have compasses?

Also, man pole shifts have occured, some during man's existence, they don't occur at the 'end of an age'.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
More on Pole shifts

I googled around for the text. A number of mentioned of poles and the relevant text were Theosophical sites, particularly Blatvatskys Secret Doctrine, but they weren't actualy about pole shifts.

Then I came to a site that had portions of the text and searched and got these results
Pole Shift

Of which this seems like it has good potential.

I may have found a mention

Agastya - Humbling the Vindhya mountains

Legend says that the Vindhya mountains that separate north and south India from each other once showed a tendency to grow so high as to obstruct the usual trajectory of the sun. This was accompanied by increasing vanity on the part of that mountain range, which demanded that Surya, the sun-God, should circum-ambulate the Vindhyas in the same way as he does Mount Meru [identified by some as being the north pole]. The need arose to subdue, by guile, the Vindhyas, and Agastya was chosen to do that.

Agastya journeyed from north to south, and on the way encountered the now impassible Vindhya mountains. He asked the mountain range to facilitate his passage across to the south. In reverence for so eminent a sage as Agastya, the Vindhya mountains bent low enough to enable the sage and his family to cross over and enter south India. The Vindhya range also promised not to increase in height until Agastya and his family returned to the north. Agastya settled permanently in the south, and the Vindhya range, true to its word, never grew further. Thus, Agastya accomplished by guile something that would have been impossible to accomplish by force
(emph added).

Wikipedia entry on this rishi Agastya, who, apparently, predates Rama, and thus its possible that this is the source of the reversal IC mentions, at least it could be in the Ramayanas.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hey!

I havent been on here in forever, and I have been lurking for a while to play catch-up.
Anyways, a good place to look for the original document is a place called Sacred Texts I am sure it is there in some capacity, but the site is so large, that I didnt have the time to search it.

There is some great reading there!! It would probably take 20 years of ones life to read it all!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Did the authors at the time even have compasses?

Thats what I want to know. The compass was invented in China we have evidence of lodestones being used as direction finders as early as the 4th in China, but I think it really didnt spread out until about the 12th century.

I cant even find a concrete date for when the Yoga VashisshTa was written the best I have found is it might have been the the 11 th or 12th century.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
is the pole shift related to the muslim prophecy?

As recorded by Bukhari, Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet (pbuh) said: "The Hour will not come until the following events have come to pass: people will compete with one another in constructing high buildings; two big groups will fight one another, and there will be many casualties --- they will both be following the same religious teaching; earthquakes will increase; time will pass quickly; afflictions and killing will increase; nearly thirty dajjals (antichrist) will appear, each of them claiming to be a messenger from Allah; a man will pass by a grave and say, 'Would that I were in your place'; the Sun will rise from the West; when it rises and the people see it, they will all believe, but that will be the time when 'No good will it do to a soul to believe in them then, if it believed not before'.

Some even claim that the rising of the Sun in the West refers to the rise of Islam in Europe, but it more likely indicates a shift of the Earth's axis, which is predicted by several prophets of other cultures.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hi, as nature the sun while revolving the centre of galaxy it travels around with a small floating( littile up and down at exact cenre of galactic equator.......)at peak transient time of equatrial crossing......definitly the pole goes shift or a least change.it canbe happen in several thousands of yers....to figure out you should know the astronomy calculations....the vedic taxt are expressing these maters simply and shortly......Guys don't know the astronomy and and Vedic those having mud in theitr brain and cannnot understand.......

sankaranarayanan

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

"It has been a long time since I posted here, and reading something I stumbled on recently the Yoga Vasishta texts, I felt compelled to post about this. As I understand there a few of us who are interested in pole shifts et all......"

where can one read these writings ?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Just reading some old threads and came upon this one. It's rather interesting.
I'm bumping it for those who havent' seen this before ...

top topics

join