It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure – why will not happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
As Project Serpo disclosure seems to take forever, here is couple of my thoughts about disclosure and why I don’t believe, in the case part of the story or whole story is true, disclosure will not happen.

What possible reason USA military and government might have to disclose this and any other projects?

Only possible reasons I can think of is incoming conflict with extraterrestrials. This conflict might occur as result of possible gunning down of alien crafts, or as ID4 suggest, aliens might be after our resources. Another reason might be that ETs require government and military to publicly acknowledge their existence, and require release information of their technology. (In the case they don’t like to side with one country.)

In any other case, there is no real reason for government and military to discuss any possible existence of extraterrestrials and UFOs.

I would like to hear your ideas about the reasons for government and military to disclose their knowledge on UFOs and extraterrestrials.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What do you think would happen if the mass public knew about the existence of ET's? Information is disclosed for a good reason. I don't think the general public would react in an appropiate manner. We're talking mass suicide/religions debunked/society instability - This is often overlooked when the world's governments are questioned about it. Oh the public must know! No, they must not. The world will never know unless there is solid sighting or a crash in a major city.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

In any other case, there is no real reason for government and military to discuss any possible existence of extraterrestrials and UFOs.

Don't forget though, there is another group who is also maintaining the secrecy, the aliens themselves. Surely it is within their ability to make themselves known in a big way, if they so chose to do so... The fact that they haven't, shows compliance on their part, for whatever reasons... Chances are though, if it has to be secretive, we probably aren't going to like the answers....

One reason the government and military might go for disclosure then, is if they feel the aliens are about to do so. Whoever "goes first", will automatically make the other side lose credibility in the eyes of the public, as to their motives. If the aliens go first, the government and the military look like the bad guys. The aliens have the opportunity to "spin" their agenda, and anything the government says will be seen as a lie. If the government, on the other hand, "goes first", it then has the same opportunity for "spinning" their angle for the desired reaction to the aliens.

Personally, this is likely the ONLY scenario in which we're likely to see disclosure happen....imho...

Addressing a point above, even a crash in a major city can be covered up if you're clever enough. A while back, I even went into a detailed analysis of EXACTLY how this could be done (shy of an extremely large mothership crash, then you're pretty much SOL on the coverup possibility)....

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
@ JohnIRL,
I believe that military and government do not care much about public reaction, as much as they care about ability to obtain weapon secrets and keep them away from our enemies. (Of course, they see enemy in everyone on the other side of borders)

I as well believe that even if we have UFO crash in some major city, we will still have major cover-up, followed with some new balloon and military testing story.

@ Gazrok,
One of the reason I believe for Project Serpo to be hoax is that it is not likely that disclosure happens this way. If disclosure happens, President or army will like to get credits for disclosure. And also, just imagine if there was leak of information like proposed with project Serpo. I believe that would take them less then 48 hours to figure out who, when and how did release information. Possibility that they kept it secret for 40-50 days and then someone starts to leak information this way is IMHO minimal.

But I still believe that we have been visited, and that gov and mil knows about it, but that we don’t have access to real information, and that there is a minimal chance for us to ever get even a peace of information.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hopefully disclosure spawned some foreing help for states. People have started piling proofs and signing petitions to un..If there´s something to disclose about, this should be the last year we are able to do it if all.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by vietifulJoe
@ JohnIRL,
I believe that military and government do not care much about public reaction, as much as they care about ability to obtain weapon secrets and keep them away from our enemies. (Of course, they see enemy in everyone on the other side of borders)

I never made a comparison as to what they considered more important.. But I would consider public knowledge of UFO's a danger to society.

I as well believe that even if we have UFO crash in some major city, we will still have major cover-up, followed with some new balloon and military testing story.

Don't read too much into what I said. I was outlining how unlikely it is for the government to inform the public of existence of ET's.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Less say that a UFO did crash in Roswell, NM in 1947. I believe this to be true and the government made a decision to cover it up for security reasons based on the world's post war fears. Let's say that the government made contact, even signed what is precieved by some as a surrender to the ET's after being humbled by the ET's technology. Suppose that at the time we were completely helpless and there was nothing else we could do and then we find out that the intentions of the ET's is not to our betterment. Under these circumstances I do not think that our Government would rush to CNN, FOX or Reuters with the news! What I believe is the people that were there or envolved from the onset are aging to the point that they are no longer intimidated by the powers to be. The Babyboomers are getting older and leaking info. It is like an old damn that springs a leak, the repair crew rushes in to fix it. Then there is another leak and before that one can be fixed there is another and another. Until the damn breaks. Then and only then will the Government admit anything.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
@ JohnIRL
I agree that UFO knowledge would span a lot of problems, from sects to terrorism.

@ WHOFLUNGGUM
I agree that aging of actors might lead to leak of information. But if that is the case, then gov and mil will tighten information and prevent future leaks as much as possible.

Let's not forget pride of post WWII military. If they promised not to leak something out, they would keep their promises. I believe one of Roswell's soldiers said that he saw creatures while dieing, after many years he repeated that he promised to president never to tell to anyone what he saw. (From Roswell – the new evidence)

new topics

top topics

join