It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think We will ever meet an Alien race nice like the Vulcans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Do you think we will ever meet a race nice like the vulcans in Star Trek? Or do you think there all SOB's who want to destroy us?

Personally I think there will never be a race of aliens like in the movie Idependence Day that want to kill us because they JUST WANT TO.
But I think that our first contact will be with a friendly like in close encounters (Is that the right move?)

And hopefully they will share some of their technology with us

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I guess its kinda dead here huh?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The United States government probably knows of an alien race like that. The reason they won't tell anyone is that some people couldn't handle the fact that there is a superior race.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
According to a numbef of people who seem quite credible, one alien type looks exactly like your everyday standard human. The grand majority of alien types supposedly are humanoid in appearance, much like how Star Trek portrayed.

There may not be any exactly like Vulcans, but it seems that the reality of extraterrestrial visitation has a lot to do with beings that look a lot like us.

There won't be Independence Day type aliens as they would have already blown us up hundreds, if not thousands of years ago.

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I just hope the aliens are not like the Borg!

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Do a search on the web yourself, there is lots more info these days out there.

As heelstone said one group if I am guessing his intent right is called the nordics or blondes according to some. They are generally believed to be positive but some of them as factions separated and went to the dark side.

What you have to realize now considering the diversity amongst humans and their beliefs is that no single group of aliens would be entirely monolithic in their beliefs or actions. For example the lizards are deemed by many to be evil but I am told there are defectors amongst them. Furthermore there were splits in the past and some groups adopted a more positive view of existance than the majority of them. I'm afraid that our biggest problem is not if we have enemies or friends or even who they are, but who we trust? I mean is it not a problem we face now between ourselves on a day to day basis. Makes your head spin when you truly think about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I guerntee you that the government knows about ALOT of alien species.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
According to some sources in the us government they know of around 50 different types of alien species that has been around a few times and also it was mentioned in the disclosure project video.

Graham

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graham
According to some sources in the us government they know of around 50 different types of alien species that has been around a few times and also it was mentioned in the disclosure project video.

Graham

Yeah. From Clifford Stone. The stuff he says is so incredible that to believe him takes a large leap of faith. I honestly don't know if he's telling the truth or not, but obviously whatever is going on is quite odd. I know he has helped find documents regarding UFOs through the FOIA, so maybe he is legitimate.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
My guess is that we wouldn't understand an alien species. We have a hard time understanding what species from our own planet are thinking.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I have to agree with copcorn on that point.

Still , it would be cool to meet a nice alien race for a change.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm thinking that since we've been studied for an incredibly long time, any alien coming here probably has a grand understanding of our languages and thought processes and can likely communicate with humans if they so choose.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I would hope that the alien species we would meet would be nice.

I would really suck to get conquered.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ricko
Do you think we will ever meet a race nice like the vulcans in Star Trek? Or do you think there all SOB's who want to destroy us?

Personally I think there will never be a race of aliens like in the movie Idependence Day that want to kill us because they JUST WANT TO.
But I think that our first contact will be with a friendly like in close encounters (Is that the right move?)

And hopefully they will share some of their technology with us

If you mean a race that esteems logic, most likely ... whether they will be hominid and have pointy ears is doubtful.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The friendly aliens would come by, and the general public would open fire in a mass hysteria...

...OR...

The friendly aliens would come by, and people would ignore them... "Oh, look, this one says he's an alien, too... go back to California"...

Either way, within a week, they'll be at a bar, a la David Bowie in Man who fell to Earth.

top topics

join