It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Awful Truth About UFOs (long) -- not for believers!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Are you trying to say that the entire UFO phenonenom is due to CIA blimps? that's absurd to to say the least. Educated believers know that 95%+ of UFO sightings are explainable, these blimps probably are included in that percentage.

I guess you have to hand it to the CIA putting those blimps in earth's orbit making formations like in STS 80.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Also , Kenneth Arnolds sighting is considered to be the first of the '47 Wave, but it is in no way the first UFO sighting.

I certainly never said it was.

Mid-July,1945; Hanford Nuclear Reactor, Washington State
UFO over AEC plant tracked by radar, F84's scrambled www.nicap.dabsol.co.uk...

I plan to get to that one, but thanks, I didn't have that particular link in my list.

16 January 1947 - "Operation Charlie".
"Trimley ( Heath ) came up on my direct phone to report a strange plot which was either stationary at a great height or moving erratically at a great speed and then stopping again. If this was a conventional aircraft it would have travelled in a straight line, but it did not do that. Somebody...had computed speed between the rather intermittent plots and had come up with a startling figure of 1,000 mph."
www.project1947.com...

1 Jul 47 - This target split into two targets, each estimated to be larger than a P-51." (TS USAF Air Intel Div Study 100-203)

Thanks! Those are perfect perfect!

And as for people not being able to recognize Blimps is laughable, the Good Year Blimp has been gracing the Skies of Stadiums and Race Tracks for over 70 Years.

And yet, it happens.

People see those cute little 4-passenger jobs in pictures or on TV and don't realize how freakin' BIG the Navy's airships could be. I've got a three bedroom house and it could fit comfortably in the envlope of a little L-Type trainer with room left over for a locomotive and the entire contents of an auto parts store.

A very good friend once regaled us with his tale of a strange glowing object floating over a remote wooded area in North Carolina. It had some sort of hypnotice light pattern on the side, he said. "Go Deacs," I said. "What??" "Go Deacs. That's what it said on the side." He wasn't too happy when I pointed out that the evening of his sighting he was on one side of a large hill and on the other side Wake Forest was playing somebody else famous, with a Good Year blimp floating above.

But then, nobody ever WANTS to see a blimp.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruise
Educated believers know that 95%+ of UFO sightings are explainable, these blimps probably are included in that percentage.

Do you have a link to a sighting which really was identified as a blimp?

Try this, you'll get a list of around 400 sightings, none of which were apparently blimps.

Now try this.

This is the point I'm trying to get across. There should be thousands and thousands of UFO cases which end with the object being positivly identiied as a blimp, but they are just not there.

Nobody ever WANTS to see a blimp.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So your saying we should just set up a scenario in our minds that tells us "Secret CIA Blimps" are or can be anywhere at anytime. No one else see's them except people who reported UFOs.

And now we can just go back and explain away all important UFO cases as "Secret CIA Blimps".

Nice try , but that's an Awful Hypothesis about UFOs , not the awful truth about them.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Right now we have a Voyager spacecraft outside our solar system, dozens of probes around planets/asteroids, etc., and rovers on another planet (Mars)controlled by human beings on earth. And there is alot of stuff I'm probably leaving out. Why is it so hard to imagine that a civilization probably hundreds of millions of years ahead of us (or more) is doing the same to us in our solar system, planet? I always hear about the vast distances between stars, but millions of years in the future who the hell knows what can be discovered? Our primate brains probably can't even fathom it.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I don't buy this theory at all.

Blimps and secret craft are already placed in the 95% of explained sightings, in no way can blimps be considered the ultilmate explanation behind all UFO cases.

So....... A blimp landed in Rendelsham forest?

A blimp crashed in Roswell?

A blimp flew over LA in 1941, also being shot at by 1000's of shells? still uneffected?

A blimp abducted Betty and Barney Hill?

And what about UFOs being seen at very close distances?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

So your saying we should just set up a scenario in our minds that tells us "Secret CIA Blimps" are or can be anywhere at anytime.

No, they seem to follow weather systems. The best place to hide a blimp is right beside a fluffy little cloud. And the safest.

No one else see's them except people who reported UFOs.

No, I've seen one, but at the time I didn't know what I was seeing. I knew it was a blimp, but didn't find out until 20 years later that it wasn't supposed to be there.

There are probably others who never made the connection, either. "Oh, it's just a blimp." But a blimp where there should not have been a blimp.

And now we can just go back and explain away all important UFO cases as "Secret CIA Blimps".

No, just the ones which look like blimps, fly like blimps, sound like blimps, and generally do blimp-like things.

Nice try , but that's an Awful Hypothesis about UFOs , not the awful truth about them.

Like I said, awful, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wow, thanx for the great blimp pictures.That sure was an exhuastive amount of text for making the case for blimps being the cause of so many sightings.Are you aware of the absurdity of stating that the "truth" about ufos is limited to advanced blimps?I mean, arent you leaving out swamp gas and the planet Venus?seriously, alot of writing for such a blatantly incompetent supposition.You did your homework on blimps but obviously not on the ufo phenomena.Thanx for all the info on blimps though....now if i see one i will know for sure that it is not a spacecraft.Again, thank you.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
quote:

No, just the ones which look like blimps, fly like blimps, sound like blimps, and generally do blimp-like things.

Is that the awful truth about UFOs? That things in the sky that look like blimps, sound like blimps, and do blimpy stuff are in fact blimps?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand

Right, well accourding to you "Blimps" can do all sorts of things like cruise around at 1000 m/p/h .

Anyway , thats not the point the point is most of those cases that could be written off this way , have been written off. You could hypothetically go through thousands of Blue Book Cases and change the explaination on them from " Possible Balloon" to "Possible Balloon/ Possible "Secret CIA Blimp". But that wouldn't change much, and it wouldn't equal the "Awful Truth" about UFOs.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth
Blimps and secret craft are already placed in the 95% of explained sightings...

Anyway , thats not the point the point is most of those cases that could be written off this way , have been written off.

i keep hearing that, and I keep asking for some proof, but so far noone has been able to provide me with even ONE link to a sighting report from a reputable investigating organization which was found to be a blimp. You have one, maybe?

So....... A blimp landed in Rendelsham forest?

Read this one first.
While I'm not going to go into detail yet, yes, that thing in the Rendelsham woods was most probably a remote sensing and recovery pod, for want of a better phrase. The Navy had a whole squadron of blimps fitted out for torpedo and ordinance recovery, and used them. NASA has used blimps for remote sensing. Reread the Rendlesham reports again, and imagine a metal framwork covered with canvas, painted black, and filled with multi-spectrum lights, spotlights, a video camera or two, and a grapple, hanging from a blimp poised about 4 stories over the trees. Everything in the reports fits a blimp scenario.

A blimp crashed in Roswell?

Possibly. I haven't had time to look into Roswell as I'd like, and that event is (those events are) surrounded by so much hype and misinformation that the "real" truth. may never be impossible to ferret out.

A blimp flew over LA in 1941, also being shot at by 1000's of shells? still uneffected?

No. That was just a perefect model snafu.

A blimp abducted Betty and Barney Hill?

Yes. Now, ask yourself why anyone would be abducted by a blimp crew. My bet is, you won't come up with a reason, but that's OK, I have.

And what about UFOs being seen at very close distances?

You mean the ones that look like blimps?

[edit on 2-1-2006 by rand]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Rand,

Have you read up on the belgian black triangles of the late 80s and early 90s?

Do you also believe these are blimps? The aircraft were monitored and followed by the military, and were noted as doing mach40.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Seriously people. What about the literally thousands of reported sightings prior to mankind taking flight?

The 1400s French coin commemorating a UFO sightings by the whole city of Paris?

The reports of the Ancient Egyptians who sent an army to follow a UFO?

The Chinese reports of the b.c. era that talked of arial combat in the heavens? Which was collaberated by historical texts of the same time coming from India?

The UFOs painted on the walls of caves dating back to 43,000 b.c. ?

The reports of the native American Hopi "indians" of being led by a star during the night and a cloud during the day from the 7 black hills of the Dakotas to their current home in Arizona by the "Ant People"

The reports of the Dogon tribe of Timbuktoo (spelling?) in Africa in or around 1909 who said long ago they were visited by the "Ant people" who told them they were from Sirius A&B (AKA the "Dog Star") and said that it was actually 2 suns, a big red one and a little white one which took 50 years to rotate around the big red one. In 1949 when telescopes existed that were powerful enough to see, because it could not be seen with the naked eye, modern science found out what they had been saying was true. Sirius is a binary solar system with a white dwarf star that takes 50 years to rotate around the red giant. The Dogon tribe said this story had been past on for more generations than what they could count.

I could list another 40 examples of UFO reports that simply could not have been CIA blimps thousands of years before the CIA, thousands of years before Blimps, and thousands of years before the USA became a world govenrment.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd
Have you read up on the belgian black triangles of the late 80s and early 90s?

I really haven't had time to chase the black triangles, except to try to find the servicing base(s). The other day it occured to me to check historic weather maps against sighting reports. I figure any blimpish craft would probably drift with the weather as much as possible, but might have to beat to windward occasionally, like to get back to home port, and that would be the best time to see them. Wouldn't it be cool to have a UFO forecast map?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
cetainly these people would have known about the blimps:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote: Roscoe Hillenkoetter

First Director of the CIA, 1947-50. In 1957, he joined the Board of Governors of the National Investigations

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is... "

"What The Admiral Knew: UFO, MJ-12 and R. Hillenkoetter," International UFO Reporter, Nov./Dec., 1986 ”Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.” NICAP news release, February 27, 1960.

----------------------------------------------------------------

quote: Victor Marchetti
Former CIA official

"We have, indeed, been contacted - perhaps even visited - by extraterrestrial beings, and the U.S. government, in collusion with the other national powers of the earth, is determined to keep this information from the general public.” "The purpose of the international conspiracy is to maintain a workable stability among the nations of the world and for them, in turn, to retain institutional control over their respective populations. Thus, for these governments to admit that there are beings from outer space... with mentalities and technological capabilities obviously far superior to ours, could, once fully perceived by the average person, erode the foundations of the earth's traditional power structure. Political and legal systems, religions, economic and social institutions could all soon become meaningless in the mind of the public. The national oligarchical establishments, even civilization as we now know it, could collapse into anarchy.” "Such extreme conclusions are not necessarily valid, but they probably accurately reflect the fears of the 'ruling classes' of the major nations, whose leaders (particularly those in the intelligence business) have always advocated excessive governmental secrecy as being necessary to preserve 'national security."

"How the CIA Views the UFO Phenomenon", Victor Marchetti, May 1979.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Rand, seriously......

You have to be a huge conspiracy nut to think that these blimps have been abducting, crashing and generally doing random stuff for no reason for over 70 years...... But then again, the world is a strange place....

A blimp has a gondola, 2 engines and an envolope..... Its a blimp, everyone knows what they are.

Although interesting, I don't understand your logic at all.......

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
bruise,

Great contribution! Thanks for those quotes!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Seriously people. [edit on 2-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

Seriously? Why are you dragging in sightings made before the modern era, sightings made before the past century, or even sightings made before 1947?

Never mind, please don't answer that, it belongs in another tread, perhaps.

Listen, guys and gals, this is starting to become "yeah, but what about"/"you're way off base"/"you're a jerk" bash fest. That's just childish and tiresome.

Most of the last questions were answered WAY up the thread.

So, I'm not going to respond to anthing else unless it's a genuine question or concern. If anyone has constructive input, I'm ready and waiting.

If you just want to keep bashing away, please do.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by rand]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Seriously people. [edit on 2-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

Seriously? Why are you dragging in sightings made before the modern era, sightings made before the past century, or even sightings made before 1947?

Um, because of the first few lines of the very first post of this thread, because of your words:

Here's the bad news:

The sad and awful truth is, they've mostly been blimps.

Yes, blimps: slow, rotund, squishy blimps, and most of those have been WWII Navy surplus. No sex, no sizzle, no ultra-high-tech, no aliens.

Just blimps.

Sorry, thought it was relavent to the conversation, but perhaps not.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
From prior threads I thought Rand was a believer?

Which is why I am waiting for him to insert ::ashtonkutcheryougotpunk'd.jpg::

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join