It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
semi secret Protestant religious fraternity

www.orange-order.co.uk...

Ireland
www.grandorange.org.uk...

Canada
www.grandorangelodge.ca...

Scotland
www.gols.org.uk...

England
www.gole.org.uk...

USA
www.orangeusa.org...

plus attached organisations

Imperial Grand Black Chapter of the British Commonwealth, commonly called the Royal Black Institution
www.royalblack.org...

Apprentice Boys of Derry
www.apprenticeboys.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hardly secret, they march every year to celebrate the Protestant victory at the Battle of the Boyne, 1690 (year from memory).

Named after William of Orange, Stadholder of the United Dutch Provinces, invited to become King of England in 1688 (The Glorious Revolution), after King James ran away to live in the shadow of Louis Bourbon, Louis XIV, King of France (The Sun King).

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I did say semi-secret. Yes they are visual but they have lodges, secret degrees, handshakes, passwords etc similar but not the same as the Masons. The Orange Order was founded by Irish Freemasons.

Inside the Hidden World of Secret Societies
www.evangelicaltruth.com...

Royal Arch Purple Institution
www.geocities.com...

[edit on 2-1-2006 by whatyousee]

[edit on 2-1-2006 by whatyousee]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The information is interesting, and its allways refreshing to see stuff about non-masonic secret societies, but lets remember that this is a conspiracy board.

The Orange Order, I would think, has lots of conspiracies attached to it, probably a heck of a lot more true than the masonic ones.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Have noticed a couple of these over the roads here..
Anyone know anything of a Masonic connection to the orange lodge?
Seems pretty evident in the symbolism of this road sign/barracade

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The Orange Order was founded by English Freemasons as a Fraternity of Loyalist Protestants. There ritual has a resemblance to Freemasonry but isn't identical. I don't know whether the secret modes of recognition are similar or not. Being an Orangeman wouldn't grant entrance into a Masonic Lodge and vice versa.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whatyousee

I have heard rumours before that orders like this in Northern Ireland are instruments in 'the troubles' there. I think it was Michael Tsarion that mentioned this, not that I believe it to be reliable 100%. It's an interesting angle.

top topics

join