It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by NumberCruncher
And what is wrong with O'Reilly does he have hearing problem's or something ?
1) Adamantly declare your show a "No-Spin Zone" and repeat this often. Soon it will appear that your spin is not really spin!
2) Make as many vague general statements as you like because:
a) if they don't pan out, who cares?
b) if they do, then you can take credit for being FIRST to tackle the issue!
3) Go for the easy targets: politicians and celebrities, and if they don't know who you are or decline to appear on your show, then portray them as being "afraid" of you because they know they're "wrong".
4) Always refer to yourself as a "reporter" and to your show as a "news program," no matter how sensationalistic the topics you have chosen.
5) Label everyone who doesn't agree with you a "liberal", and use as many colorful adjectives as possible when describing the left wing. Label everyone and everything--you can never label people enough!
6) However, never use colorful adjectives when describing your position or that of other conservatives. Portray your position as scientific granite-hard fact!
7) If you say "I only deal in facts" with enough proud anger, you will easily offset anyone who questions you and they'll be less likely to demand your proof. Or just lie and take the high road.
8) In the rare instance someone does pursue proof of your "facts," just bulldoze them with questions and opinions to create an air of 'you-must-be-crazy-to-believe-otherwise.'
9) If someone continues to demand cited facts, then say "Everyone we've talked to says so." Then book a few selected inconspicuous guests in the future to come on and back your statement. You can easily represent any group's opinion in any way you want by doing things this way!
10) Pick several obscure fringe issues to bring up during each show. It's, of course, a breeze to be right when ranting about them and this scores easy sensational-points.