It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Rumsfield New Years Day Interview ! interesting !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Fantastic Interview with Donald being Transcribed as i write i beleive, confirms a few point's a few of us have been trying to get through ....

Special Report - Dec 30, 2005 (Political Gateway) – Bill O’Reilly asks 10 questions to Donald Rumsfeld. This is an abridged transcript to cut out some banter in between questions and where they talk over each other. Updated as I can transcribe the questions.
www.politicalgateway.com...

Quote "O’Reilly: So we’re safer because you choose to change the regime in Iraq because the terrorists don’t have a foothold in Iraq anymore, is that what you are telling me? I want to know why my family is safer if we establish a democracy in Iraq.

Rumsfeld: Because we want to fight the terrorists, not in the United States, but outside the United States. It is the central front of the global war of terror."

Just like weve been telling yahs huh ? fight on there turf !!

Quote "O’Reilly: Even more than Iran?

Rumsfeld: Iran is not a battle ground today. Iran is very busy financing Hamas and Hezbollah and the various terrorists groups they fund with Syria. To go in with…you heard what the new president said."

Key word here is "today" i think ...... hence the new poster doing the lap's

Go have a read, its goood !

www.politicalgateway.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Oh, yeah!

Mister O'Reilly is sure the MAN to interview mister Rumsfeld!

Anyway, I am sure that the Neo-Cons have a GREAT Year planned for all of us - I just can not wait to see all their Surprises!

[edit on 1/1/06 by JAK]

[edit on 4-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
And what is wrong with O'Reilly does he have hearing problem's or something ?

Hey nice poster's they sort of try to Turn the Islamonazi's religous war into a christian led war !! did'nt you realise the Church was basically replaced with banks and University's some century ago?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
And what is wrong with O'Reilly does he have hearing problem's or something ?

I am sorry, but I find Fox News with Mister O'Reilly to be EXTREME right-wing bias, overwhelmingly conservative and Republican, which they do not even try to hide. O'Reillys Factor is full of Spings and Manipulations, just as the entire FAUX "News" is .

Top 10 Spins:

1) Adamantly declare your show a "No-Spin Zone" and repeat this often. Soon it will appear that your spin is not really spin!

2) Make as many vague general statements as you like because:
a) if they don't pan out, who cares?
b) if they do, then you can take credit for being FIRST to tackle the issue!

3) Go for the easy targets: politicians and celebrities, and if they don't know who you are or decline to appear on your show, then portray them as being "afraid" of you because they know they're "wrong".

4) Always refer to yourself as a "reporter" and to your show as a "news program," no matter how sensationalistic the topics you have chosen.

5) Label everyone who doesn't agree with you a "liberal", and use as many colorful adjectives as possible when describing the left wing. Label everyone and everything--you can never label people enough!

6) However, never use colorful adjectives when describing your position or that of other conservatives. Portray your position as scientific granite-hard fact!

7) If you say "I only deal in facts" with enough proud anger, you will easily offset anyone who questions you and they'll be less likely to demand your proof. Or just lie and take the high road.

8) In the rare instance someone does pursue proof of your "facts," just bulldoze them with questions and opinions to create an air of 'you-must-be-crazy-to-believe-otherwise.'

9) If someone continues to demand cited facts, then say "Everyone we've talked to says so." Then book a few selected inconspicuous guests in the future to come on and back your statement. You can easily represent any group's opinion in any way you want by doing things this way!

10) Pick several obscure fringe issues to bring up during each show. It's, of course, a breeze to be right when ranting about them and this scores easy sensational-points.

BuzzFlash

Wanna know what I think about Fox News - click on the Link in my Signature.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think McLuhan had the answer to this 30 years ago. Guess what it was? The myth of Narcissus. The story goes like this: a beautiful boy breaks the hearts of many a girl, letting them give chase, but never catch him. One day, one of the girls calls upon the gods to punish Narcissus for his cruel rejection of her love.

You know the rest. He comes to a clear, calm little pond and bends over to take a drink. But before he scoops his hands into the water he sees the most beautiful image he has ever encountered. The word 'narcissist' has come to mean 'one who loves himself' and yet, the ironic thing here is that Narcissus had NO CLUE that he was in love with himself. He lacked 'self-knowledge'. He repeatedly reached his hands out to the water to try capturing that gorgeous image before him. Thus, the gods - in typical Greek fashion - meted out punishment to fit the crime.

The Myth of Narcissus

Mcluhan and the Narcissist Myth

Does anyone realize how pertinent the above comments are, especially when understanding what is happening with contemporary leaders? One can only be sorry for specialized minds that see nothing.

new topics

top topics

join