It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Majic: The Sun Will Rise Again (WOS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

PODcast: Majic: The Sun Will Rise Again (WOS)
This is the studio mix of a live song for WillyPalooza 2005. This version omits the introductions and crowd noise, and is mixed a little more like a studio work, though it uses the exact same source tracks.

length: 03:49
file: btsmpod_1153.mp3
size: 3587k
feed: btsm

[edit on 1/1/2006 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The Sun Rises Again... Again

I originally belted this out as a “live perfomance” podcast for WillyPalooza 2005.

However, it was brought to my attention that folks might like to have a “music only” version of the song to listen to, since crowd noise and my faux Aussie MC may not bear repeat listening well.

So here's just the song, with a little “studio magic” added, although the source tracks are all the same.

Oh and hey, if you haven't contributed to WillyPalooza 2005, please stop in and check it out.

It's not only a great opportunity to share the love with a respected fellow ATSer, but it's a hell of a lot of fun, too!

This song remains and is forever dedicated to William One Sac, both in this form and the form in which it will appear in my upcoming Roxxor album.

Here's the lyrics again, just to be redundantly redundant...

The Sun Will Rise Again (“Live” At WillyPalooza 2005 Version)
Majic

Each moment we live our lives
Never knowing what fate will bring
We search for answers blind in the dark
Try to understand everything

There you are lying in bed
Wondering if this night's going to end
You feel the shadows growing inside
Believe me when I tell you my friend

The sun will rise again
The stars will light the heavens
The skies will come alive
We all will be together

The games that we play everyday
Try to win but don't know the rules
Some try to make us all stand in line
But in the end they're playing the fools

When twilight comes at the end of the day
We're left with nothing else but our dreams
We feel so lonely but we're never alone
And things are not as bad as they seem

The sun will rise again
We all will be together

The sun will rise again
We all will be together

Copyright © 2005 Majic. All rights reserved.
May be freely copied and distributed for noncommercial purposes.
AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use apply to all material posted on ATS.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Majic, I am diggin the harmonies in the chorus on this! Real cool. One suggestion though: you might mix the bass down a bit and the drums up as they get lost in the mix. But nice tune man.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
At The Forge

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Majic, I am diggin the harmonies in the chorus on this! Real cool. One suggestion though: you might mix the bass down a bit and the drums up as they get lost in the mix. But nice tune man.

Yeah, even the “studio mix” is a rush job – I basically ran it through a multi-band compressor after analyzing it with Voxengo's free Stardust spectrum analyzer plug-in, and I think the slope setting on Stardust led me to crank up the bass too much.

Plus the instruments I used were basically the Cakewalk TTS-1 and a couple of ManyGuitar plugs (I like the Telecaster a lot, but I think I overdid it on the phaser).

Ah, but since I did this song (itself something of an impulse recording for Willypalooza), I've received my new DAW, NI Kontakt 2, NI Battery 2 and yesterday, Sony Sound Forge 8 arrived.

Once I learn how to use and apply these tools, I won't have any excuses left.

P.S. I'm going to see if I can knock out another Roxxor song before I leave for my road trip next week. Maybe a more rock-oriented tune called “Green Light” which has a somewhat more pronounced “big hair” feel to it. We'll see.

[edit on 1/11/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Ahh yes, the good old spectrum analyzer. I've used one to assist me in mixing and mastering for a long time. And here's the deal: One of the best ways to use it is to first learn the level curves put out by the majors on different syles of music. So what ya do is get your favorite bigtime recordings and analyze them carefully. Note the instrumentation being used in the song and the associated levels that form on the analyzer. After you get a feel for what they have done, then you can apply those same curves to your own music best you can. It should help improve your mixes a bit, and help with boomy bass. But there is more to it than that, and I can't explain all this in an ats post.

I heard your other pdc talking about your new system, and yeah, it sounds slammin. Some sweet times ahead for you my friend with all that stuff!
And some sweet new music too, so good luck with it. And hey, we have yet to do a Majic-TA collaboration. What's the matta with you?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Collaborative Faction

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
And hey, we have yet to do a Majic-TA collaboration. What's the matta with you?

Thanks for the advice, and yes, I'm expecting future songs to sound radically better.

Man, just listening to how Kontakt 2 and Battery 2 already change my sound just screwing around with them is thrilling.

As for collaborating, that's something I definitely want to do at some point in the future, but first I need to get all these songs in my head nailed down and recorded.

And with seven albums already on deck, that may be a while.

I guess I have some catching up to do for all the years I didn't have these sorts of tools at my fingertips.

new topics

top topics

join