It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian demonic rituals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I remember reading a post where someone said something about Sumerian demonic rituals, After reading it i became very interesting. I googled it and nothing good came up so i thought the uber smart ATS members could help me out on my quest for knowledge.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hrmmm, CAN'T remember if it was sumeria, but the art of 'Satanism' is that of demonic possession by that of an astral entity in the human body. Not that of satan.

The Astral entity is usually an astral reptilian. The ritual allows manifestation of required things in physical reality, as to how the elite 'these days' have what they want on earth.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
not exactly sure of which thread you are thinking of, but try the ATS Search and don't forget to change the date range to "the beginning"

btw could this be it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hmmm... interesting thank you.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You might want to look into the Lesser Key of Solomon; the techniques laid out there, known as Goetia, are purported to be suitable for the invocation or evocation of a fairly large number of demonic entities.

Each of these is presented in the Key with a description of the entity's appearance, its mannerisms, its strengths, and a sigil. These diagrams are meant to allow the spirit to be contacted and, in the hands of a suitably skilled magician, controlled.

The Goetia has its roots in Rennaissance-era Europe rather than ancient Sumeria, but demonology has been around for a long time in a lot of forms, and the Keys of Solomon are one of the easier ones to find and make use of.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Very interesting I will have to look into that,I give you great thanks.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
No problem at all, I think people need to pay more attention to the occult. It has a lot of wisdom, and insight into the human mind, to share with its students.

If you need any further help or advice, feel free to drop me a u2u.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'll be sure to do that!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
No problem at all, I think people need to pay more attention to the occult. It has a lot of wisdom, and insight into the human mind, to share with its students.

If you need any further help or advice, feel free to drop me a u2u.

It's funny to me that ATS doesn't allow the promotion of recreational drug use and even gets "touchy" about people discussing the medicinal use of cannabis yet happily promotes involvement in the occult, and "DEMONOLOGY" no less.

I have personally known more people killed, permanantly harmed, causeing great harm to others and driven insane through the occult than drug use, and my life has lead me to know large numbers and 'varieties' of both groups.

Many 'great' artists have been inspired by the "mind opening" effects of drugs yet the cost to their lives and 'end' would hardly recommend that route to serious "students".

I know, there's the, "Don't insult or restrict my religion" argument, so why can't Rastafarians "promote" 'gunja'? Could it be because the NWO, One World "OCCULT" Religion, finds people 'blissed out on pot' too hard to work into agitated, mob following 'sheeple'?

[edit on 1-1-2006 by suzy ryan]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think its got to do with the fact that everybody knows about drugs, than that of the occult... so limiting the discussions on drugs is probably for the protection of the young readers of the site.

Cannabis unfortunately is restricted so much because its used to trigger programming. It has properties thats dangerous to progarmmed individuals, and thus the tough controls over it.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan

I know, there's the, "Don't insult or restrict my religion" argument, so why can't Rastafarians "promote" 'gunja'? Could it be because the NWO, One World "OCCULT" Religion, finds people 'blissed out on pot' too hard to work into agitated, mob following 'sheeple'?

Many great students of the occult have embraced these substances of which you speak; Aleister Crowley was a notorious drug user, and most practitioners of modern Chaoist magic have experimented with Chemognosis. The fields of drug use and the occult, dealing as both do with the vast uncharted areas beyond the limits of the human mind, are very near to one another in many places.

However, neither one is in and of itself either good or evil; these concepts are nothing but labels granted more or less arbitrarily to ideas that do not lie anywhere near linear, polar judgement of this kind.

Of course the occult can be dangerous, if one does not approach it with the right mindset, and if one is reckless in what one chooses to do with the knowledge one gains from studying the esoteric arts. However, it can also be used for great constructive purposes... is there any nobler aspiration than the Great Work of spiritual transformation toward which yearn all serious practitioners of magic?

[edit on 1-1-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yes, thanks for admitting the dangers in both the occult and drugs. So why is promoting "faiths", "religions" and "practices", that also promote drug use, fine by ATS?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't know, but I'm not an ATS policymaker, so it's not my place to know.

I'm just trying to answer BruceLeroy's question; whether or not you choose to follow our conversation, or act on the information thusly obtained, is your decision.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I too was answering BruceLeroy's question, with more important questions he should seek the answers to before he runs off to keenly play with demons.

If however the interest in demonology is to learn how to avoid being rounded up, hauled off to the slaughter house and turned into dog food, consider the following analogy.

Demons are to people what people are to horses. The creature with all the power allows itself to be nudged here, lead around and reined there, to avoid discomfort and be "rewarded" with "tastes" of freedom their "owner" has taken from them.

Want to be a dumb, controled animal who's power and freedom has been traded for the illusion of privilege, pride and respect or seek the whole truth of the whole truth, that in actual fact, does set you free?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Demons are constructs of the human subconscious... nothing more and nothing less. Of course, this means that they have extreme power, power far beyond what our conscious minds can tap and excercise. If you let them, they will take control of you, and they will tear you apart, spiritually and physically. But as long as you have the knowledge and the skill to keep from venturing too far beyond the dim firelight of human consciousness into the vast unchecked darkness of whatever lies beyond, there's nothing to fear.

And as for the Truth, I don't believe in it. My experiences have led me to believe that, instead of one grand overarching truth, there are an infinite number of smaller truths, a great many of which contradict one another... and that it is up to each of us to find the ones that work best in the context of our own lives.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I believe the Necronomicon deals with Sumerian gods and demons. If I can remember correctly it was written by the mad Arab who claimed the demons were out to get him. I read it when I was a teenager, and even experimented with a few of the ceremonies. I didn't summon anything that I could tell. But then again a few years later I was possessed by the demon of alcoholism

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hummm.... don't believe in truth. Any truth, at any level, to any degree? Is it true that it is wrong to sacrifice a baby for the desire for personal gain? See what I'm getting at?

God tells us He is Truth, Love and Constant. Trying to live like truth and love are changeable in expression and meaning leaves everyone open to calling good bad, cruelty kindness, evil righteous....again, this is the problem with playing with demons, they have an, "anything goes" message which is NOT "true"... some things are just plain wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
In my opinon. is it right to destroy a child? No. But people have done so. Child sacrifice is as true as anything.

I have read the words of your God, and of many Gods, each of whom purports to be the sole bearer of Truth and the prime cosmic authority on righteousness versus evil. I have heard the words of darker powers, your Lucifer, the Hindu's Kali, the discarnate evil of the Qliphoth, and each of these promises to show me the Wrong way.

But I have also seen that no two Gods agree, no two evil powers concur, as to what comprises right and wrong. Therefore, I am of the opinion that we must decide for ourselves to whom we will listen, and that, if we so desire, we are capable of making these judgements for ourselves.

There are things that I think are wrong, and there are things that you think are wrong; for instance, we disagree on the moral implications of occult study. The fact that we differ, that we can differ, is beautiful.

Chaos is Free Will, and my path is Chaos. You walk a path that has been developed over thousands of years to bring peace and kindness to the world, and I respect that, but there are those upon that path that seek to snuff out free will, that seek to restrain Chaos. On this issue I must make contention, and it is where our paths diverge.

There is only one mountain, but our paths, and many others, can each lead to the top. The Great Work is not for Christians, or for Jews, or for Muslims, or for practitioners of any other religion or tradition. It is for Humanity, undivided and without exception.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
I too was answering BruceLeroy's question, with more important questions he should seek the answers to before he runs off to keenly play with demons.
Eh? Just so everyone knows I'm not going to try these rituals. I don't think all this exists, but in case it does I don't want to anything bad to happen, This is for research purposes.

new topics

top topics

join