It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Step Down- Massive Protests Jan.31 and Feb.4th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I wounder if we will see the media report on this. I really don't see Bush going anywhere without shackles. Not to mention these protesters are not going to be anywhere near Bush. It would be cool if we could get some photos of these upcoming event. The article reports that there are to be protests all over the U.S.
Maybe this could go world wide.

Bush Step Down- Massive Protests Jan.31 and Feb.4th

BUSH: STEP DOWN And Take Your Program With You!

1. Jan. 31, on The Night of President Bush’s State of the Union Address:

Bring the Noise!

Drown Out Bush’s Lies!

In large cities and small towns all across the country, join in rallies one hour before Bush’s address as we make our determination to “Drive Out the Bush Regime” the political message of the day.

At 9:00 PM EST, just as Bush starts to speak, everywhere we will BRING THE NOISE. In a cacophony of sound, we will drown out his address with music: from drums to violins, from hip hop and classical; and with noise: banging pots and ringing church bells, sound car horns and lifting our voices.

2. DEMONSTRATE on SATURDAY, FEB. 4

(following the State of the Union)

Washington D.C.

The Saturday after the State of the Union address, massive numbers will protest at the seat of government. Prominent voices of conscience will help deliver the people’s verdict on Bush’s criminal regime with our demand: Bush Step Down And Take Your Program with You!

Start Organizing Now!

Flier now available: click here to download.

Find a rally in your city on Jan. 31, or organize one yourself. [click here]

dc.indymedia.org...

Just to add I can't find anything on google about this, so I don't know could be some one out bashing Bush

one link worldcantwait.org... and these people mostliky posted the Indy storie to start with.

[edit on 29/12/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
When did these forums become the soap box for the wacky left? You really have to wonder why these people put so much energy in to stopping Bush, yet have little or nothing to say about the people out there beheading people.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
geeze, I wont be suprised when every protester gets arrested, dont think it will happen, read my thread, its all there

*edit* spelling

[edit on 29-12-2005 by start_the_peace]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wait, the Bush administration already have every single name in their "Bad list" of the organizations that will protest, they have been keeping wiretaps for a while already.

Yes they all will be arrested, tag and send to a camp oversea for interrogation.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
When did these forums become the soap box for the wacky left? You really have to wonder why these people put so much energy in to stopping Bush, yet have little or nothing to say about the people out there beheading people.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Dronetek]

So being anti-Bush makes you "wacky left" or a lover of murdering insurgents?

If that is how it goes then I guess people who always show up to defend Bush and the war must be paid disinfo agents

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

you reminded me so much of that documentry, The Weather Underground
ever see it?
if not its about the organization called the Weather Undergronud, they were around in the late sixties and early seventies fighting the government and the Vietnam War, what reminded me of that so mcuh was that it talks about a group of people that went into a FBI storeage place and took all these files saying what groups they are keeping on eye on, such as the Weather Unground, The Black Panthers, and even Martin Luther King Jr.
it was really cool though because after the war alot of the weather underground members came out and confessed but due to the FBI doing so many illegal things to keep track of them they were able to be let free

I sure dont hope they get sent to camp though, that would not be good

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
*Sigh* Marge why do you have to make me spent my time and energy responding to nonsense?

The protesters wherever they may be will still get to wave their little cynical and catchy picket signs. They wont be arrested unless they go to restricted areas, or unless they do some other illegal thing

you reminded me so much of that documentry, The Weather Underground
ever see it?

I for one have seen it, too bad the FBI did not have the PATIROT Act back then, all those criminals would have been rounded up in no time.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i like the poster nice one lol.protest and let your voices be herd.no point letting the man keep ya down.....

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

When did these forums become the soap box for the wacky left?

Why is protesting Bush left wing, I seem to remember that a good amount of the right does not support alot of what he does.

You really have to wonder why these people put so much energy in to stopping Bush, yet have little or nothing to say about the people out there beheading people.

I think thats because Bush runs our country, not some people in another part of the world. And getting rid of him is more important than something happening in a second world country.

Also if these protests do happen, well, this sounds very Tiroish, not that I believe any of that bunk.

[edit on 12/29/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
*Sigh* Marge why do you have to make me spent my time and energy responding to nonsense?

Perhaps the energy spend is because you are an agent here to take out the littler people like me, that will still fight for the good cause.

you reminded me so much of that documentary, The Weather Underground ever see it?

Actually I never did but hey I used to love the 60s that was the good old days when people's minds were not brain washed and peoples voices were heard, Blacks got ahead and civil rights were finally honor.

I for one have seen it, too bad the FBI did not have the PATIROT Act back then, all those criminals would have been rounded up in no time.

I guess my parents were criminals too because they opposed the war after my father lost his brother.

Nixon is back in the white house and he needs to be stop.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Please OBL find out where these morons will be protesting and show them how radical Islam deals with protest. Please.

The wacked left will get all of america killed. And they are just too "stupid" to realize it.

Personally I can't stand Bush...he's too darn liberal.

Marg, I wish Nixon was in the Whitehouse...I'd still be 20 something.......

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was barely a teen when Nixon was in power, and I still remember when the nation was up in arms because what he did.

Funny the seventees was the best years of my life, I was young and full of dreams.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If you try really hard. you might get him to step down..
It'll be tough..but if you hang in there...he'll take heed and bow out in about 2 years..

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
How massive are these protests really supposed to be? I haven't heard of them anywhere else but here so far.

Protests in the USA in these times, will not account for much, it will get little media coverage especially if it is peaceful and the issues won't be touched unless there is some little outbursts for Fox and friends to focus on.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
How massive are these protests really supposed to be? I haven't heard of them anywhere else but here so far.

I live in a Republican bible belt state so I have not heard anything at all and I doubt I will.

I will love to have the protest intensity that people used to have back in the 60s and 70s.

But our nation has been worket out so much that the fire is gone out of people's hart for justice.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i got to the end of the thread and forgot what the topic was....nice side track guys......

of course we wouldn't here about any protest plans because the right to peacefully assembly in public has been squashed and now has certain stipulations in order to protest....

and even if there was a protest i wonder how much mainstream media attention it would get....this got very little to no attention......

land of the free? home of the brave?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
How has anyones right to peacefully gather and protest been infringed? There are certain zones in the capitol that are off-limits, is that what your are talking about? They can protest in Washington, it was done before a year or two back, no one stopped them. Sorry for using this word again marge(I know youve noticed Ive used it many times before), but for lack of a better word it just looks to me like paranoia. Im sorry but theres no other way to put it, in my opinion of course.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I will love to have the protest intensity that people used to have back in the 60s and 70s.

Yeah the good ol’ days when spiting on the troops and shouting obscenities at them was the cool thing to do.

Perhaps the energy spend is because you are an agent here to take out the littler people like me, that will still fight for the good cause.

To borrow a famous line “You cannot be serious!”

I guess my parents were criminals too because they opposed the war after my father lost his brother.

Marge I was referring to the Weatherman, not your family. Anyway, to better acquaint you with The Weather Underground I have enlisted the help of Wikipedia (8th wonder of the world).

Weatherman, also known as the Weather Underground Organization and, colloquially, sometimes 'the Weathermen', were a U.S. Radical Left organization consisting of splintered-off members and leaders of the Students for a Democratic Society. Its members referred to themselves as a "revolutionary organization of communist women and men," and carried out guerrilla actions, now often characterized as terrorist, to achieve the revolutionary overthrow of the government of the United States. The group collapsed shortly after the U.S. withdrawal from Vietnam in 1975, which saw the general demise of the New Left, of which Weatherman had been a part.

Also Marge you can read their distinguished record here, it's really inspiriting.

Weather Underground

[edit on 30-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I love a good protest! Great entertainment!

Nothing better than a bunch of liberal crybabies all getting together for a good whine.

I hope these guys show up!

www.protestwarrior.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Weatherman, also known as the Weather Underground Organization and, colloquially, sometimes 'the Weathermen', were a U.S. Radical Left organization consisting of splintered-off members and leaders of the Students for a Democratic Society. Its members referred to themselves as a "revolutionary organization of communist women and men," and carried out guerrilla actions, now often characterized as terrorist, to achieve the revolutionary overthrow of the government of the United States. The group collapsed shortly after the U.S. withdrawal from Vietnam in 1975, which saw the general demise of the New Left, of which Weatherman had been a part.

Interesting I have not idea of what it was, I remember part of the 60s and all the seventies occurs through the eyes of a teen everything was exiting.

Our nation has grown fat and lazy nobody wants to protest anymore, and the hippies from the 60s are the conservatives now ruling the nation in the name of God.

Funny drugs and sex has been forgotten after the political careers took shape.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join