It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Step Down- Massive Protests Jan.31 and Feb.4th

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Our nation has grown fat and lazy nobody wants to protest anymore, and the hippies from the 60s are the conservatives now ruling the nation in the name of God.

There are still protests, some in my view are legitimate and some are just ridicules that deserve no attention whatsoever. However, I don't know what you’re advocating here Marge, is it protesting just for the sake of protesting?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Protest now a day have not longer the same intensity that I witness in the seventies, as far as late seventies when I was in college I use to get into their groups more for fun than anything else.

Occurs my father prohibited me to participate after he did it when he came back from Korea and during the Vietnam war after his brother died.

But like I said very soon protest will be no more.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

But like I said very soon protest will be no more.

Yeah? You base this on what? I know you’re famous for your... well, for a lack of a better word, for your visions. But lets face it, that's all they are
Just like everything else a lit bit of protesting once in a while is a good thing, and again, just like everything else too much of it can be disastrous. Remember, always in moderation (and yes, I did steal that line from the Tanqueray commercial).

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Remember, always in moderation (and yes, I did steal that line from the Tanqueray commercial).

Shame on you,

Yes I see that like everything in this country regular hard working Americans had not time to go on protesting they have to earn a living.

While the protest now a day are organized by groups that are pay to do so.

So in fact regular Americans are not really the ones that organized protest in our country anymore.

Is no spontaneity because is to many regulations red tape and paper work.

Now you leave to the professionals.

BTW my inside intuition is legendary.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
You really have to wonder why these people put so much energy in to stopping Bush, yet have little or nothing to say about the people out there beheading people.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Dronetek]

If there was an emoticon with clapping hands, they would be insterted here. "Gee, I wonder why the right is so turned off by us and calls us wacky leftists all the time. All we do is characterise what they see as an honorable mission of spreading freedom as mass Murder. Gee, I wonder why people think we're so crazy... Oh, but we support the troops. What was that? Did I just say that the troops I supposedly support are participating in mass murder? I didn't hear anything..."

So being anti-Bush makes you "wacky left" or a lover of murdering insurgents?

Fine. I'll just go off to my "Support president Bush and the war" protest. We're going to make our support for this administration heard. We're also going to protest against the left-wing organizations that are protesting against Bush.

Oh, but I'm not part of the right... No way; I don't align myself with political parties.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Love the videos from Protest Warrior. It shows you what happens when you ask the left serious questions that they(some of them) can not answer without resorting to name calling or baseless rhetoric. Although I did not like at the end of the one video, I forget which one, Alan was interviewing an Austrailian guy and he was kinda being a butthole and asserting too much(putting words in his mouth). But other than that, all the videos show that the far, far, far left cant answer serious questions when confronted with them.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I will love to have the protest intensity that people used to have back in the 60s and 70s.

But our nation has been worket out so much that the fire is gone out of people's hart for justice.

The sixties and seventies were a special time, and will probably never be reproduced. Several revolutions happening at the same time, sexual, music, and on top of it a war in which our high school buddies and cousins and brotherswere being killed. The survivors that made it back home were spit upon by their high school classmates who had escaped the draft.

Of course, we didn't know that all this was happening, we were just having fun being alive at this time in our history.

But you're wrong, marg. Our nation has not been "worket out so much that the fire is gone out of people's hart for justice." Quite the contrary. The children of the eighties and nineties are among the most pampered, spoiled people that ever lived. They never faced a real crisis; their parents were busy making killings in the stock market and sending them to private schools. So they cannot really understand today's news.

Kids today have no real heroes. No decent music. No real protests. No leaders their own age. If they are "worket out" at all it is because they are out of breath from yelling for change and not automatically having the nanny bring it to them on a silver platter.

Dammit I hit the wrong keys and accidentally entered the post before I was finished. And I forgot what I was talking about. Never mind.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Kids today have no real heroes. No decent music. No real protests. No leaders their own age. If they are "worket out" at all it is because they are out of breath from yelling for change and not automatically having the nanny bring it to them on a silver platter.

Stop talking about Herman!

Seriously though, you've pinpointed the raison d'etre on why some below 30 white kids are so supportive of Bush; docile & disengaged, they're the equivalent of the prior century's royals succumbing to tall tales of heroics. The spinning of a yarn made from the flag and "virtue driven" sparkpoint topics has been incessant since 1999 by this team - they've literally grown up with no counterpoint (reality), just propaganda.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I really don't see Bush going anywhere without shackles.

You forgot two words in that statement: "want to"

I was part of a massive protest once. It was when Israel was first starting to build the security fence. I worked next door to the Israeli consulate in Chicago and a "massive" protest was taking place in front of there with people chanting how evil Israel is and other such wisdom.

We could see them from our windows and thought it was hilarious. We decided, during lunch, to go hold ourselves a counter protest because it would be fun. About 5 of us stood on the opposite side of the street and started chanting across, "Hey hey! Ho Ho! Yassir Arafat's got to go!"

The other protest, which consisted of at least 10 people, but probably closer to 12, had some people upset with us, but we were only out there for the tail end of our lunch break. They didn't rile one another up enough to warrant any violence before we went back to work.

Funny thing was, I saw their protest on the local news that night. Lots of close-ups, the signs, the anger of the individuals over what horrible actions Israel was doing, and non-objective terms for the size of the protest such as "massive", "large amount of people", and that it shut down traffic (at one point, they went into the street stopping traffic before several were given tickets. That we really thought was hilarious) was reported.

Our protest, which was half as large, was not covered though there were news cameras at the protest when we went down there.

So the difference between massive and insignificant appears to either be 5 people, or based on the protest.

"Massive" protest means nothing in my mind since that experience. I'm sure if 12 people show up for your massive protest, it will make the news and we won't see any wide shots of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
How massive are these protests really supposed to be?

Wanna' bet .. like the 'million man march' .... claims of a million
coming and yet ten thousand or so arrive. Time will tell.
Nothing in the news about it .. doubt it will even happen.
They'd be lucky to get a few dozen ... probably all from
the radicals at democraticunderground.com

[edit on 1/12/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Stop talking about Herman!

Oh Bout Time, how I so eagerly anticipate your witty retorts. I must say I'm flattered to be singled out personally.

I'm 18. I work 30 hours a week, attend college full time (I'm on the honors scholarship so I have to keep my GPA up at all times), and I synchronise between running and working out at the gym so that I'm doing one or the other every day. I could go on further about my exercise routine if needed, but I think you get the picture. The last thing in the world I run out of breath over is "Yelling at the nanny." My uncle was the commander of two A-team special forces units, and my Grandfather was literally asked to go to the moon before Neal Armstrong. No real heroes? I hate most of the mainstream music, and the little music that I actually do listen to is rarely spoken of in most high-school cliques. I understand where you're coming from though, once you start down the path of being wrong about a person, it's hard to re-trace your steps.

Honestly though, I get what you're saying about kids these days. They piss me off as much as they piss you off. Thankfully, I don't find myself associating with these kinds of people.

Seriously though, you've pinpointed the raison d'etre on why some below 30 white kids are so supportive of Bush; docile & disengaged, they're the equivalent of the prior century's royals succumbing to tall tales of heroics. The spinning of a yarn made from the flag and "virtue driven" sparkpoint topics has been incessant since 1999 by this team - they've literally grown up with no counterpoint (reality), just propaganda.

Actually, I find that most of the people who behave in the manner that you're explaining either don't care about politics, or simply believe that "Bush is stupid but I don't really care." I'd wager that kids of our past were far more driven by propaganda than the kids of these days. Hell, back in the 60's all there was was propaganda. At least now people have a choice.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
As to what the MSM broadcasts? More propaganda in the 60's?

Study....study....observe

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
As to what the MSM broadcasts? More propaganda in the 60's?

Study....study....observe

Did you mean to say MSN broadcasts? I think that you're taking advantage of our freedom of open discussion and debate. Do you think there was an "ATS" in the 60s? The very fact that we're sitting here, as average citizens, debating current events and issues speaks volumes. I mean look at the conspiracy sections. Where would these people be in the 60s? We have countless media outlets with numerous views on the same story. There weren't nearly as many of these available in the 60s. Maybe that's why so many people resorted to protest. Now maybe saying that there was "More" propaganda in the 60s wasn't the right thing to say. Certainly it was far, far more one-sided. Even if what we have these days is propaganda, at least we can pretty much get all the sides to a story, depending on where you get your info.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Wanna' bet .. like the 'million man march' .... claims of a million
coming and yet ten thousand or so arrive.
[edit on 1/12/2006 by FlyersFan]

That's a lie. Maybe not a million but I know for sure there were more than "ten thousand or so" because the Nation of Islam was in full effect and it's membership is over 50,000 and as many of you know from my previous post many of my family members are among the membership of the NOI, and they attended all three million persons marches as did all of the folk at their mosque in support of Farrahkan.

There are fudging of numbers on all sides it seems. Many protest get bogged down with how many were there rather than what the march was supposed to be about. If no one comes does that mean everyone supports the opposite of what the march represented?

If there is a march in Chicago against the Bushies on state of the union night I will carvan buddy! But if not, just the idea of making noise as he starts to speak is a good one. I'll get out on my porch with a pot in one hand and a wooden spoon in the other...piss my neighbors off...but tis worth it.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
But if not, just the idea of making noise as he starts to speak is a good one. I'll get out on my porch with a pot in one hand and a wooden spoon in the other...piss my neighbors off...but tis worth it.

See, that's something I've never understood. If you have a problem with what someone has to say, you censor them but expect others to respect your right to protest and be heard? That doesn't tell me that you just disagree. It tells me that you disagree with what is being said but have no viable defense against what's being said. It tells me the tenants of the ideology you're "supporting" by censoring someone else's ideas are weak and cannot abide scrutiny. It tells me that the only way you believe your side can win the argument is if your side is the only side presented.

moded edit, fixed quote

[edit on 13-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
How is pot banging censorship Mr. Jake?

Look, if you wanna sit through his rhetoric I'm not going to jump in front of your TV banging my pot. I'll be on my own property and I'm sure Mr. D, my elderly neighbor across the street, will look out his window and call me a danged liberal (and he'd be right). I don't see where you are drawing the conclusion that I want to censor Dubya? I never once said that republicans and conservatives don't have a right to voice their opinions. And, I have never shyed away from voicing mine because they can't stand up to "you and your's". Maybe your's are better than mine, more thought out and such. Why do you think I read? It aint cause I think words are pretty.

Anyways, do what you do on your property and I'll do what I do on mine. Please believe I won't miss the message of King George, if that's what you are worried about, I'll get the replay the morning after on Washington Journal. He might say something that I like...but, it's very unlikely.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It's not the pot banging so much, though you did state that the effect of your dissent will have on society as a whole is to annoy your neighbor.

I'm talking about a larger problem along the same lines. A speaker comes to a college, and some group that disagrees with what they have to say gets into the auditorium and is as loud and obnoxious until either the speaker leaves because they can't communicate or no one hears anything but the chanting or whatever.

In the marketplace of ideas, why do some people think theirs should be the only permitted to be expressed?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Dood, I don't know.

I think that's obnoxious too, and I would never be with those folk, so we are sort of in agreement. I also find protest that block streets annoying as well. When Dubya was in the Nappy City for expo, I was plenty peed but we dealt with the traffic and it was a pretty good expo considering you sat the Red state king right down in the middle of a red state.

Bottom line, I think everyone should be heard...even libertarians. And, don't worry about Mr. D, he is used to my loud hiphop--he don't even call the cops no more--a lil pot banging won't kill him.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Itd be funny (if it wasnt so sad)to see how people always go back to that left-right paradigm. You're a leftist! You're a Conservative! Yack Yack Yack

Thats exactly what these people want, for you all to be arguing about stupid things like the left-right paradigm.

Both the left and right are phony, a fraud, used to divide and rule us. Republicans, Democrats, its all New World Order at the top.

For those people who still think Bush is some kind of hero, trying to bring peace to the world........I got this to say:

Bush, and those who control him, are the biggest obsticle we have to face if we want peace and freedom in the world. YOU DONT SAY YOU ARE FOR PEACE, AND THEN GO WAGE WAR. That makes you a liar, and a hypocrite.

How phony is this fool Bush, seriously. Here is a guy who lied naked in a coffin as he was initiated into the evil Skull and Bones secret society when he was a pip at Yale, along side his cousin John Kerry! No, Im not making this up.

www.commondreams.org...

www.bilderberg.org...

www.parascope.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

My point is, these are the same people who were ''opponents'' during the last election. These are the two men we had to choose as our president!

Here is both of them admitting it to Tim Russert , ON CAMERA, on Meet the Press, that yes indeed they are members of Skull and Bones.

www.infowars.com...

Bush is really a great man isnt he? Most powerful man in the world! WAKE UP CALL! Hes a puppet. They are all puppets. We dont see the real powers behind this country. Why would they put themselves out on public display, where they can be targeted and srutinized? They dont.

You people who fight with each other, and argue about silly things like left-right, you all are just falling into their hands. You are playing their game. Question the game itself.

We live in a dictatorship of the worst kind, one that gives us the illusion of choice. While we fight and biccur, they are controlling us. The classic divide and conquer.

But we have been so conditioned to believe we are free, we actually think it wasour decision to go towar with Iraq! We actually think we had some kind of say in it. Of course we didnt, just like we have no real choice or true freedom in any facet of our lives.

Ask yourself, are you really free? You'll realize : no im not.

Listen to me, you know deep down in your bones, in your marrow, in the deepest levels of your soul, you know damn well I am telling the truth. Your 6th sense, your gut, your intuition, is telling you this is true. You better listen to it.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
what are you going to do when bush decides he is going to stay on for another term because the country is still at war (2008)?
he will pass some new legislation (like the patriot act) that makes it legal. this post is in reply to letknowledgedrop.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by exsmokingman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join