It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sky is Falling!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Good thing this guy wasnt doing whatever you do in a powder room. Seriously, I dont think his homeowners is going to cover this.. poor bastard! Reminds me of the girl that got hit in the leg with a meteorite....

HEAVENLY HOME WRECKER

Uptown resident finds his roof, floors ripped through by fallen rock; Tulane scientists say tests indicate rare, otherworldy object: a meteorite

When Roy Fausset walked into his Joseph Street home after work Tuesday evening, he knew immediately that something was very, very wrong.

"The powder room door was open and it looked like an artillery shell had hit the room," he said.

Something had fallen with enough force to punch a hole through the roof and two floors before coming to rest in the crawl space beneath the house.

It was a sandy-colored rock that appeared to have been burned around its edges. Preliminary tests by scientists at Tulane University indicate this particular rock came from outer space.

full story

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Damn, I'm glad that didn't hit my house.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   

At least 20 people are reported to have been injured after a meteorite crashed to Earth in eastern India.
Reports say hundreds of people in the state of Orissa panicked when the fireball streamed across the sky.

Burning fragments were said to have fallen over a wide area, destroying several houses.

news.bbc.co.uk...

At least one part of the fireball came down in a village in Mayurbhanj district, setting several homes alight and lightly injuring at least two people.

The report said other parts of the suspected meteorite may have crashed into another village, also setting at least one thatched house ablaze.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Did anybody tell this guy that meteorites are worth on average US $1000 per lb? Some are worth more than that.

So the next time one hits you or something you own don't be so sad, it may be a blessing from heaven.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I wonder if his insurance covered that?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
As if there weren't enough things in the world to worry about.

Just for a little fun, I doubt that these rocks are actually from a direct reentry into the atmosphere... I would say these are probably fragments from a much larger 10-20 meter meteor that detonated on reenty (usually with kt or mt yeilds, as has been detected by the US KillSats).

Rocks of this size realistically could not survive reentry intact through the atmosphere by themselves.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Officials investigating a meteorite that crashed in eastern India say it was part of the most spectacular meteor shower in the country's recent history.

Flaming debris from the space rock lit up the sky in Orissa state on Saturday night, and sent villagers running after its burning fragments set fire to their houses.

"I have never seen a meteor covering such a large area with a huge fireball and roaring sound," said Basant Kumar Mohanty, senior director of the Geological Survey of India.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Either way, thats got to be something and a half to see!

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Damn, the world is just getting more and more dangerous! Rocks falling from the sky is becoming too common, lol!

HUNDREDS of people fled their homes when a meteor struck their village in eastern India at the weekend, injuring three people and destroying two houses.

The fireball hit the village of Sudusudia in Orissa state on Saturday night local time, said BB Harichandan, the state revenue minister.

www.news.com.au...

top topics

join