It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Wartime Dictatorship

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Laz The Long,

Can you provide evidence that these Quakers cannot get jobs?

Also, if you were the President how would you go about protecting Americans from other Americans, who may be ploting to attack our nation.

Would you just do nothing? And say well I couldn't do anything because they are Americans??

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Your not gaining any ground in your argument making unfounded statements like Bush is carting off Americans to Canada for torture. Its unbelievable the stuff that comes out of some peoples mouths that they cant back up. This story never was, is, or will be something you can seriously take as factual. The original source for this story was antiwar.com, no bias in that source
. If your personal politics are the issue here take it to PTS.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well Bush has made all his wishes come true:

He wanted to be a war president and he did it, with lies occurs and deception.

He wanted to change the laws and undermine the constitution and he did it also with the patriot act occurs.

He also has voiced that a dictatorship would be good if he is the dictator occurs.

Perhaps he will have his last wish for Christmas.
Occurs he already is acting like one.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well Bush has made all his wishes come true:

He wanted to be a war president and he did it, with lies occurs and deception.

He wanted to change the laws and undermine the constitution and he did it also with the patriot act occurs.

He also has voiced that a dictatorship would be good if he is the dictator occurs.

Perhaps he will have his last wish for Christmas.
Occurs he already is acting like one.

That, my friend, is your opinion. The two bi-partisan committies found no evidence of lies or pressure to change the intel. When did he say that a dictatorship would be good if he is the dictator? Youre pullin all kinda stuff outta your ass arent ya. The patriot act doesnt violate the constitution, otherwise it wouldnt have been passed in congress, the same congress that voted to go to war I might add. Make legitimate arguments and dont pedal this garbage to people who have more sense than to believe it. Anyone who reads what you wrote above now has a lesser opinion of your credibility, your stock fell drastically.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You won't get far insulting Marg on this forum. She's loved, respected, and invariably right when she makes a quote. I would dare say she's also got a lot more of a personal stake in this 'war on terror' than yourself, and you could learn something from her if you turned down the hate a little.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
You won't get far insulting Marg on this forum. She's loved, respected, and invariably right when she makes a quote.

Thanks that is very nice, is ok we all entitle to our own opinions even if my are within facts, occurs nobody that still support Bush will agree with it.

Some things are better just to keep bringing them to light, even if I get bashed once in a while.

It's Ok I got a good thick skin.
and it only grows thicker the more I get insulted.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
You won't get far insulting Marg on this forum. She's loved, respected, and invariably right when she makes a quote. I would dare say she's also got a lot more of a personal stake in this 'war on terror' than yourself, and you could learn something from her if you turned down the hate a little.

Where did I insult Marg. Loved and respected as she may be, just because she posted it doesnt make it truth. Just because she may have more at stake in this war than I doesnt make her right automatically. I meant no disrespect to anyone, but you and I know that phrase she claimed Bush said about being a dictator is not true(hence my reference to pulling it outta your ass). Its a terrible misrepresentation of our commander in chief and I'm not going to stand for it. I may not have been around here as long as you or Marg have, or be as well known in the community but I will say what I feel needs to be said if no one else will. And it is my right. I am in the opposite position of Marg in that I have respect to gain, not to lose, and I felt it right to call her out that statement for what it was; a blatant misrepresentation of our President.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I found a reference to what you speak of. It was said, that I was mistaken on. But it was said in jest, nothing serious about it. Using it to make your point that President Bush is a dictator is still unfounded in my opinion. Using a quote said in a jocular manner doesnt point to anything that solidifies your opinion as fact.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
ludaChris

You are entitle to your opinion and I do not get offended easily, I just take it as another opinion from a fellow ATS member.

Perhaps the whole reason of the agreeing to Bush been a dictatorship is mostly a matter of opinion.

And as the thread titler say is about Dictatorship powers during war times.

So is just a matter of different opinions.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
True, it is a matter of opinion. I am typically not a strongly opinionated person until I get into a hot button issue for me. At least we agree on something though haha.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
True, it is a matter of opinion. I am typically not a strongly opinionated person until I get into a hot button issue for me. At least we agree on something though haha.

Very true and you know I am very agreeable person when it comes with many other subjects. he,he.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
opinion is such an abused concept, but whatever, hes a dictator by opinion yet are any of you being oppressed? are you not assaulting him left and right? opinion is good and all but if its based on nothing except fear, maybes and assumptions, its not worth much to anyone but yourself and those who think like you, its not credible or necisarily truthful, untill people actually start being arrested for critisizing bush or untill he actually oppresses people, its an exaggeration and fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
I meant no disrespect to anyone, but you and I know that phrase she claimed Bush said about being a dictator is not true(hence my reference to pulling it outta your ass). Its a terrible misrepresentation of our commander in chief and I'm not going to stand for it.

No?

Let's check out what G.W. has to say about that, shall We?

"I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president."

Hmmmm, doesn't sound very Democratish to me...

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."

Must be pretty Easy on him today, ey?

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace."

Now I get it!

Can we win the war on terror? I don't think you can win it."

Did he mean Peace or War in this Case?

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."

No Sleep 'Till Osama is Found!

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

We almost had him!

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!"

President George W. Bush, joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner.

“We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories … And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them."

Aha - Good! I feel Much SAFER already!

I can already see the Future - they will find them in Syria and in Iran.

How does G.W. know all this Stuff?

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job."

A Messenger from God?

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction."

Coming from the President of United States, a country with the MOST weapons of mass destruction then the entire world Combined, which is the only country in recent history, that has Invaded another foreign country.

Think about it...

[edit on 24/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Souljah,

What do all these quotes prove? Nothing.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here are some quotes by Bill Clinton:

We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans...

Nice.

You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say.

Gee, that doesn't sound very democratic.

The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word is is. If the...if he...if is means is and never has been, that is not - that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement"

Thats the best one, i love it.

Enjoy!

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think president Bush quotes are the feelings of somebody that feels himself above anyone.

He kind of tells straight out that he is here to do what he feels like it, regardless of what the rest will said or what the "We the people will said"

"You are either with us or against us" pretty simple.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I think president Bush quotes are the feelings of somebody that feels himself above anyone.

He kind of tells straight out that he is here to do what he feels like it, regardless of what the rest will said or what the "We the people will said"

"You are either with us or against us" pretty simple.

Sure, but if you had a backlog of everything a person has said in their life, i'm sure you could make anyone look like anything. I mean we all say so mauch all the time.

-- Boat

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

Sure, but if you had a backlog of everything a person has said in their life, i'm sure you could make anyone look like anything. I mean we all say so mauch all the time.

-- Boat

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Boatphone]

That is very truth, but also remember when it comes to the president of the US anything he said will stick in the people's mind longer than . . . let say. . . you or me.

I still have stuck in my mine when Clinton said "I didn't sleep with that woman"

It just certain phrases that kind of become unforgettable.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
At least with a dictatorship he'd be open about it. The only true democracy is a direct democracy

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
While I think Bush is doing something dubious, I don't think what he is doing is that far out of line with what many other Presidents have done in many respects.

Lincoln suspended habius corpus, and I'd love to see something like that happen now with 24 hour news.

The problem is not with Bush, but with the entire government. Many things could be dubious, or simply could be bad choices, oversight, or politics as usual (think of Katrina).

The GOP and the Dem. Party have serious problems, and I find it funny that the Dems complained about the tactics used during Clinton by the GOP, then turn around and use them while the GOP complains about them now.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join