It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

51-year-old woman gives birth to her granddaughter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
In Puerto Rico, a healthy baby was born that was carried to term by her grandmother.

www.sciencedaily.com

Grandma gives birth to daughter's daughter

PITTSBURGH, Dec. 21 (UPI) -- A 51-year-old woman has given birth to her granddaughter through in vitro fertilization because her daughter was born without a uterus.

Edna Rivera-Vargas gave birth Dec. 5 in Puerto Rico to Isabella Mia, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.

Rivera-Vargas' daughter, Maryli Vargas, can still produce eggs, which was inseminated by her Maryli's husband and then put into Rivera-Vargas, who said she was just happy she could help her daughter.

Rivera-Vargas commutes from Puerto Rico to Pittsburgh where she lives and works part-time.

The baby is healthy at five pounds, four ounces, and looks like her dad.

Rivera-Vargas gave birth with no complications.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this is going to be a bit difficult to explain to the girl as she gets a little older

I think that is pretty cool for grandma to do that though. I'd imagine a pregnancy at 51 isn't easy.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Its bizarre, but dont forget, some people will do anything to have a baby, and who better than grandma?

Ever been to Kentucky?

(No disrespect meant for people from Kentucky) Just ask Jeff Foxworthy

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's nice that the grandmother would do this for her daughter. What about when the child gets older and wants to know where she came from? I bet that won't be an easy conversation to have.

join