It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Syria agrees to hide Iran nukes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
And there we have it, partners in terror support and now partners in nuclear proliferation.

The war will begin soon my friends. The world vs Iran/Syria.

See you in downtown Tehran and Damascus soon...

World Tribune

LONDON — Syria has signed a pledge to store Iranian nuclear weapons and missiles.

The London-based Jane's Defense Weekly reported that Iran and Syria signed a strategic accord meant to protect either country from international pressure regarding their weapons programs. The magazine, citing diplomatic sources, said Syria agreed to store Iranian materials and weapons should Teheran come under United Nations sanctions.

Iran also pledged to grant haven to any Syrian intelligence officer indicted by the UN or Lebanon. Five Syrian officers have been questioned by the UN regarding the Hariri assassination, Middle East Newsline reported.
"The sensitive chapter in the accord includes Syria's commitment to allow Iran to safely store weapons, sensitive equipment or even hazardous materials on Syrian soil should Iran need such help in a time of crisis," Jane's said.

The accord also obligated Syria to continue to supply the Iranian-sponsored Hizbullah with weapons, ammunition and communications. Iran has been the leading weapons supplier to Hizbullah, with about 15,000 missiles and rockets along the Israeli-Lebanese border.

The accord, negotiations of which began in 2004, was signed on Nov. 14 and meant to prepare for economic sanctions imposed on either Iran or Syria. Under the accord, Jane's said, Iran would relay financial aid to Syria in an effort to ease Western sanctions in wake of the UN determination that Damascus was responsible for the assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.

Iran also pledged to supply a range of military aid to Syria. Jane's cited technology for weapons of mass destruction as well as conventional arms, ammunition and training of Syrian military.

Teheran would seek to upgrade Syrian ballistic missiles and chemical weapons systems. Under the accord, Iran would also be prepared to operate "advanced weapon systems in Syria during a military confrontation." Jane's said.

"The new strategic accord is based on the existing military MoUs, with the addition of the sensitive chapter dealing with cooperation in times of international sanctions or military conflict," Jane's reported.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Jeez!!! Where they gonna store the nukes? Their secret underground bunkers are already brimming over with the millions of tons of nerve gas and other nasties that Saddam's buddies smuggled across the border

As for "The world against Iran/Syria", has the US got enough money left with which to buy another "Coalition of the Willing"?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
As for "The world against Iran/Syria", has the US got enough money left with which to buy another "Coalition of the Willing"?

I see the "smiley", but to answer your question seriously the entire world has adamantly spoken out against Iran having nukes, France, Germany, Briton, to name a few. And now with Iran further alienating the world with their Israel comments, even supporters like Russia are distancing themselves.

A coalition to stop a nuclear Iran/Syria wouldn’t be that hard. And what makes you think the US would lead it? France alone has spoken out numerous times on the ABSOLUTE mandate that Iran shouldn’t become a nuclear power.

It, without any question what so ever, would be the entire non Arab world against them, if not directly then very much indirectly.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
One word:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Seourlsy though why would Iran make this public that,and why syria hasnt jioned the winning team yet if syria turned agaisnt Iran or atleast complain about there nuclear programme WW3 might be avoided

img402.imageshack.us..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
One word:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Seourlsy though why would Iran make this public that,and why syria hasnt jioned the winning team yet if syria turned agaisnt Iran or atleast complain about there nuclear programme WW3 might be avoided

img402.imageshack.us..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

They wouldnt. Janes Defense Weekly found out through diplomatic sources that are willing to tell. Maybe to make the U.S. nervous.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It could have been leaked. Although I am always skepticle of leaked documents or statements such as this and for good reason. I mean look at all the leaked stuff coming out of the US in the past year. If its true this will piss off the world in a whole new way.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The war will begin soon my friends. The world vs Iran/Syria.

Its doubtful that the world will be invovled, even though its required to, since Iran isn't permited, by the world, to have nukes.
Syria, of course, is permited to have chemical weapons and the like.

Skippy, lets not be gleeful or non-chalant about this. Syria has chemical weapons. It will not be pretty when amiercan troops are having their skin blistered off them in the field. Nor will anyone relish what happens if iran is able to lob nukes over to Tel Aviv. An open world war will not be a good thing to go through. People are, perhaps, forgetting that with wars like that, there's actual sacrifice for everyone in the homeland, as opposed to now with the remote wars that only affect family members.

britguy
has the US got enough money left with which to buy another "Coalition of the Willing"?

Sure. Not to mention that Britian will simply follow the US into it.

deltaboy
Maybe to make the U.S

Keep in mind that amehenidijad or whatever isn't supreme ruler of iran, and there are factions in the public and the government that want him out. Assad too. Might be members of their own government leaking information, in hopes of preventing a nuclear war. OR, it might be elements of their own opposition in their government trying to leak false information to get the US to take them out, just like, well, iran did with Chalabi.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Skippy, lets not be gleeful or non-chalant about this. Syria has chemical weapons. It will not be pretty when amiercan troops are having their skin blistered off them in the field. Nor will anyone relish what happens if iran is able to lob nukes over to Tel Aviv. An open world war will not be a good thing to go through. People are, perhaps, forgetting that with wars like that, there's actual sacrifice for everyone in the homeland, as opposed to now with the remote wars that only affect family members.

Its called: "Irony"

i·ro·ny
- The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
- An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
- A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

Dont even attempt to pretend you didnt understand that as an ironic remark. If you did, I have given you far to much credit.

Sep

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Please define "soon" since you have been saying it for as long as I have read your posts which is round about a year now.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Logic dictates that if Syria is willing to hide Iran's nukes, then Syria was likewise willing to take in Saddam's WMDs, which has been discussed numerous times here in the past within ATS. Ironic, huh?

seekerof

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
wow @ sounding happy about it happening, which I personally think is all just hype.

and wow @ nobody really questioning why Iran is being so bold about all this.

I mean dude has come out of his mouth with some off-the-wall type crap. I wouldn't be surprised if we are all being led down the garden path and there is something else on the agenda.

Who knows, I just can't believe I am reading such glee in some fonts about this possible war.

But I guess it doesn't matter where in the Middle East you're from anymore anyway eh ?

[edit on 20-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So IF this is correct then

Syria has Saddams WMD and Irans Nukes - Now just add in North Korea
and the West might be in for a rough ride ....

I swear these funny countries are planning a mass attack against the West
thinking if they act together they may at least achieve something......

Maybe it's just me seeing something that isn't there.

But just say for instance Syria & Iran both start an attack together knowing they have the 'Silent' backing of China or Russia
Hell they don't even need to touch US homeland straight away they could take out Isreal and cause major losses in Iraq before any Western country knew what had happened.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
How is Syria hiding nukes and diffrent from Israel hiding nuclear weapons at dilemma from kennedy ?. Truth be told Israel has the most nuclear weapons in the middle east. So i really doubt Syria or Irans nukes are nothing more then a paper bull used to supports this joke you call "the war on terror". who knows maybe Iran is hiding those aluminum tubes used for uranium enrichment or that special yellow cake mmmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
How is Syria hiding nukes and diffrent from Israel hiding nuclear weapons at dilemma from kennedy ?. Truth be told Israel has the most nuclear weapons in the middle east. So i really doubt Syria or Irans nukes are nothing more then a paper bull used to supports this joke you call "the war on terror". who knows maybe Iran is hiding those aluminum tubes used for uranium enrichment or that special yellow cake mmmmmmmm

Theres a big difference between a country who obtains nuclear weapons to prevent countries from invading it as had happened to Israel a couple key times after its inception and a country obtaining nukes that prints the elder scrolls of zion and who has a president that claims the holocaust never happened

And the war on terror sure seems to be in full swing with places like Bali, Madrid, and London all getting bombed by islamofacists.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
helium3, yeah, that is pretty funny.

Goes right up there with such humorous notions as Syria is becoming the Walmart of WMDs in the Middle East or "...Behold! Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap."

seekerof

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Oh and if your interested in some other information regarding Syria's involvement in WMD procurement check out this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
helium3, yeah, that is pretty funny.

Goes right up there with such humorous notions as Syria is becoming the Walmart of WMDs in the Middle East or "...Behold! Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap."

seekerof

Can you link me up with the photos of these stockpiles that are making Syria the Walmart of WMDs ?.
Seekerof do you work for FOX news ?
. Because they also like to report things they cannot always prove

[edit on 20-12-2005 by helium3]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
So openly signing a diplomatic accord to keep watch over each others weapons in time of crisis is agreeing to "hide" nukes? Talk about hiding in plain sight...

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Seekerof: No proof ?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
O.K I"m surprised no one else hasn't picked this up. Nowhere in the above article, apart from the heading, does it even make reference to nucleur weapons.

"The magazine, citing diplomatic sources, said Syria agreed to store Iranian materials and weapons should Teheran come under United Nations sanctions."

"Materials and weapons" can mean anything from polyester and knuckle dusters. Sure, they make referance to ballistic missiles, but show me the rules that say a country can't have ballistic missiles?

Once again, all the war loving neocons want to invade another country based on hype and unsubstantiated claims.

Well done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join