It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need confirmation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hey guys, I'm sorry if this has been asked about before, but I had read somewhere, possibly here, about a very frightening and sickening thing being done with wounded soldiers in Iraq.

If anyone could confirm this, it'd be great, either as true or false: The casualties in Iraq are only being counted as those who actually die in Iraq, and in an effort to minimize the number of casualties they are shipping the severely wounded to bases in Germany and Europe and not counting those who die there as casualties of the war in Iraq - all being told, the true death toll is upwards of 15,000 American G.I.s

Again, Im really sorry that I dont remember where I read/heard this, but Im really hoping that it isn't true and need someone to either help me verify it as true or false.

Thanks for your time guys, lets hope this one turns out to be a hoax

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
According to CNN - www.cnn.com...
"There have been 2,356 coalition deaths"--...--"in the war in Iraq as of December 19, 2005,"
This site has a listing of each dead soldier and photos of many of these brave individuals. A quick scan, staying alphabetically in the "A's" on page one reveals--- Not all died immediately. Some died of combat-related injuries, and some of non-combat related injuries. At least one injured soldier died during Evacuation to a Ukrainian facility. And at least one "Died at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas," from injuries received in Iraq.
Remember, I only quickly scanned names beginning with the first letter of the alphabet. It appears that at least some evacuated injured are in the casualty list. I have no idea if all are counted here.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think this is a frightening prospect whether it's true or not, solely because such a thing would be more than possible - and advantageous to those advocating the war. I really hope you're right, and those numbers are the accurate ones, but I wouldn't put this past the realm of reality.

join