It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dark internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   
ever had strange emails pop up form spammers and you cant reply to them because the address doesnt exist anymore?

this is how they do it

www.crt.net.au...

Popular belief holds that the Internet represents a completely connected system. It turns out that's just not true.

The way they describe things , it's like the internet is it's own little universe, complete with black holes.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What I hate are the pop ups that cover the whole screen... AND NOTHING COMES UP! Just a big, blank, white square! I am running three different pop up stoppers, and I keep getting the BIG WHITE SQUARE!

Aaaaarrrrggghh!

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
lol personally I hate the ones that hijack the browser window instead of being a popup.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
if your running windos you can usually alt-f4 them to kill them.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
A firewall, spyware guard and a good popup blocker ought to do the trick...

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
hey guy, if ya wanna good browser, none a that windows explorer crap, get Mozilla, it has a pop-up blocker installed in the broswer.
www.mozilla.org...
i know i couldn't like with explorer, it drives me nuts when i have to use it else where, college, friends, ect. i hate it, damn bil gates and stupid explorer.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If you want a good firewall and some other things along these lines you may become a member of this site and download some very nice firewall and other utilitys that will come in handy

www.topsecretnetwork.com...

Falcon

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
hey guy, if ya wanna good browser, none a that windows explorer crap, get Mozilla, it has a pop-up blocker installed in the broswer.
www.mozilla.org...
i know i couldn't like with explorer, it drives me nuts when i have to use it else where, college, friends, ect. i hate it, damn bil gates and stupid explorer.

If you don't care to install Mozilla (due to its bugginess bugzilla.mozilla.org... or whatever),
Google's new toolbar effectively takes care of popups.
toolbar.google.com...

-B.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yes Mozilla is an open source project.

Google bar is nice but it IS spyware.

It tracks your goings about, for its search engine database.

But the pop up blocker is nice

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
A lot of good info here.

Has anyone tried any of the other 'open source browsers out there?

How about people talking about open source vs commercial/spy/system software?

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If you like IE due to it's capability of displaying even the most horribly written web site or some other bizarre reason try using this...

www.avantbrowser.com...

It's freeware (no spyware), it's only 1.1 mb and it's basically a cover for IE. It has some nice features including blocking popups. The best feature is multiple browser windows in one. That way you don't have multiple IE processes killing your machine if you are surfing many sites. I personally love it because I can have 20 browser windows with no strain on the system and this is essential when researching (for me). There are others out there which you can find on download.com but I would recommend this one.

top topics

join