It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H5N1 forum is strangely quiet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As there is less and less media reports about the Avian flu, this forum has come to an almost standstill.
Does this mean the flu bug has slowed down?
Other news stories have taken over --we all know stories don't stay on the front page for long?
Or, have the reports been stifled so that an unsuspecting public will succumb to the flu's rampage?

Any thoughts here?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hmmm....

I saw a report that the tenth indonesian had died over the weekend and a cargo of fake tamiflu been impounded by customs officials . The stories are still there, I think that other things have people's attention right now ...

and me personally - trying to get rid of a nasty viral disease that's been strangely like a strong dose of the flu...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have noticed that too. I check daily on updates and have noticed the lull. This happened a few months back before it hit our local media. I was wondering then why the lull and then BAM it exploded and suddenly everyone was aware.

I personally think that people are bored with it. It hasn't made the shift yet and people are beginning to yawn thinking it's just another SARS.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yeah i was thinking the same thing. There's been nothing on the news about bird flu in months. I think the whole thing died out...and was really just paranoia and hype to begin with.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think people finally realized it was nothing more than fear mongering on the part of the pharmaceutical companies so Congress would dump further billions into their pockets.

But that's my opinion

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Even the media doesnt know what to do with it. Give it time- This week we have had more Bush "problems", small plane crashes, etc...

They use the H5N1 as "filler" news.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

from me
It could turn out that by new year's, there'll barely be a mention of bird flu. . .

maybe I should try my luck in the predictions forum. . .

Although, I did hear something on the radio about two children in Vietnam(?) dying despite being treated with Tamiflu. The story may have been trying to suggest the virus had built a resistance to Tamiflu. I thought Tamiflu had been shown to not be effective against hn51?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
I thought Tamiflu had been shown to not be effective against hn51?

Yes - but that doesn't stop them trying to distract people from what's happening elsewhere - the paper may have been scheduled anyway for now - journals are pre planned for weeks but some of the *surprised* reporting about the subject takes my breath away....

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I just emailed Dr. Henry Niman asking why the lull in information. Hopefully he will get back to me soon and I can post some info here

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The reason its quiet is because Bird Flu was a scam scare tactic like SARS, Mad Cow, West Nile Virus etc.. etc.. Those were all made to seem like the next great plague by the Media and turned out to be really non issues. Every year a real plague Malaria kills millions how much media coverage does that get?

Theres some good reasons to public scared, one is theres alot of money to be made off a scare like Bird Flu.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by ShadowXIX]

top topics

join