It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death comes in three?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I was told a few years ago that death usually come in three. I have never really known anyone who has died until now. About a month ago an aunt of mine lost a baby, followed three weeks later by my boyfriends uncle. My grandma was the third, two days ago.

Does this happen to a lot of people? Should I not have to worry about more people dieing in the next few months, or will it go to six?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I haven't heard that it was specifically death, but just that bad things come in three. Of course, death could be considered quite a bad event too.

For example a few years ago, my mom got into a car accident, then this underground power line broke and we had no power in half of our house for a week and they had to dig up our whole front lawn to get it out and fix it, and then something else big happened that I can't quite remember. But I specifically remember my mom saying "bad luck comes in threes".

I have noticed that a lot of people have been dying lately, in general. I think it has more to do with the cold weather and winter though. (At least here, where it snows.) I can think of at least three deaths in my extended family and my in-laws. Thankfully none of them have been immediate family...... yet.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's estimated that 1 out of every 113 people die every year. So if you know more than 113 people, chances are at least 1 will die this year, then another next year. Of course this includes, and is more likely to be older people, so the older you get, and older your friends get, the number will rise.

I found this counter, but don't associate the beliefs of the page to be my personal spiritual beliefs. www.biblehelp.org...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yes, this does seem to happen alot. In my 42 years, almost every time someone "famous" has died two more follow within a couple/three weeks.

Personally, the people i've known who have died have not gone in threes but it certainly does happen with the famous.

Sorry to hear about your loss Inanna.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I hear that all the time. "Bad things come in three's".

The reality is that bad things happen, in succession. I bet that more than a billion bad things happened in the last century or so. One after another. Bad things don't happen in three's. Deaths don't happen in three's. When one hits close to home however, people will look closer. They will make connections that do not exist.

top topics

join