It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New evidence in pizza-man bomb case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Now the FBI is displaying another weirdly morbid invention found in Wells' car. It's a baroque-looking firearm, shaped like the handle of a cane. The unique weapon, which fires shotgun shells, appears to also be hand-made -- possibly by the person who masterminded the bizarre robbery plot. An FBI profile of the person who built the cane-gun describes them as mature, patient, and "deceptive."

abclocal.go.com...#

A hand-made gun shaped like the handle of a cane. That's an interesting criminal they're looking for.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This entire case is increadably creepy.

When he was arrested ............

As he sat on the ground, Wells said, "Why is nobody trying to get this thing off me?" and "I don't have a lot of time."

If he was forced into this I cam only begin to imagine the things running through his head at this point in time.

as for the cane gun.......... someone has been doing some weird tinkering to make that thing. Really weird tinkering.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
...He may have made the weapon himself to defend himself against robbers,we all know pizza guys carry a lot of cash sometimes,a cane gun may not have been legal but in the 2nd amendment it states the right will not be infringed,that would include the types of weapons that one would be allowed to carry would not be infringed,which seems to be the governments favorite way of infringing,by passing bull# laws that make what was once legal no longer legal.
Why do people fall for this stuff?,it doesn't mean anything anyway.
The cops are to blame for the guys death,why the hell didn't they get the thing off of the guy?,they had the tools.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is an update to this weird story unfolding now on CNN. The investigators are now saying that they have witness testimony that the victim of the said bombing [Brian Wells]was in fact a co-conspirator .

link provided
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
The cops are to blame for the guys death,why the hell didn't they get the thing off of the guy?,they had the tools.

Well, the guy had a bomb strapped around his neck and the cops had no idea how to defuse it........what were they supposed to do????

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Geez... they were waiting for the bomb squad and their protective gear. I doubt anyone, including me, would be willing to try and remove it without the equipment.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm glad to see progress on this case...

I was in Pittsburgh when this happened and it got a fair amount of coverage... The issue I had with the police (I'm typically on "their side" but I thought this was really asinine on their part) was that they had secured him as a prisoner with handcuffs and left him propped against the front bumper of a squad car, then retreated to a "safe distance" and "covered him" (that would be keeping weapons drawn and trained on him). The device explodes, killing him... The police advance weapons drawn, still covering the corpse. I thought to myself... Is there a zombie aspect to this mess I'm unaware of?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This new story makes a lot more sense than the original one did, frankly. I understand that his family thinks of him as a victim, but the whole thing just didn't make sense. Actually, the killing of him by his co-conspirators made perfect sense... I wonder if the bomb had a timer and was rigged to go off by timer or by cell phone.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
if i heard correct i think it was set on a timer????

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Fox News showed the actual explosion last night on Shepard Smith's show.

It was very sad.

Some of his last thoughts were of his employer, whom he wanted police to notify of his predicament.

I think he was strictly a victim of a sick and twisted plot by sick and twisted people.

As yet, I have seen nothing on the news that would implicate him as a willing participant.

It is hard to believe that he could be so calm knowing his death was imminent.

However, I know what it feels like to believe that death is imminent and I know the calm that accompanies such a belief, especially when one is completely helpless in that situation.

Perhaps that's what he felt in those last moments.

Edit: I just heard a blurb that indicated that Wells was involved to a limited extent in the plot.

I'm having a problem believing that a person would put a real bomb around his neck to rob a bank with no surefire way to get the thing off in a hurry.

Why put a timer on such a device instead of a manual detonator.

Oh, well. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

[edit on 2007/7/11 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

join