It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo 1 or 2?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Okay after vast debate with my friend we have debated which Halo is better. Personally I think that they butchered Halo 2 with the new battle rifle, and the extreme loss of pistol power. I think that they put too much time into making graphics, and visuals better. If they brought back the pistol and original assault rifle, or one with automatic capability, in Halo 3 and kept dual wield I think Halo 3 would be the best FPS in the history of gaming. What are your opinions on the subject, and what do you think that they should do in Halo 3 to make it better?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Halo 1 was the best of both Halo games. Loved it how the Warthog was invincible. Plus the handgun was one of the best weapon, besides the shotgun.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
and the extreme loss of pistol power.

Try dual wielding the new pistols, a short barrage with them quickly takes down even the most annoying of enemies.

oh..and...

Old pistol > New battle rifle

Old rifle > New SMG (+ dual wield makes them even cooler)

Halo rocked, but Halo 2 rocks more.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Sorry, I think Halo 1 was still the best. It does not make sense, that in Halo 2, that the Master Chief has trouble holding His guns on target, no matter how much more powerful they're supposed to be.

The fact that the Warthog is so easily smashed also sucks. I understand making it so it could be destroyed, even though I don't agree with it, but it's so easy to destroy it, like a grenade in the front seat will blow it up.

Since they made it indestructible in Halo 1, making it easy to destroy in Halo 2, makes it appear that the UNSC bought cheeap materials to build another version of the Warthog.

Anyone here besides Me read all the Halo books? I know Trutt did, we chatted about it in the Chatroom.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I found the storyline in HALO to be far superior, but wth reference to gameplay, I really did prefer HALO 2. The handling of the weapons and vehicles was a much more realistic detailing than the original.

Yeah, SKL...I've got the HALO books sitting on my shelves o' sci-fi. Good stuff.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Halo books are awesome. Probably some of the best. What was your favorite level in the halo games?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
My favorite level was the Silent Cartographer. Bripe Klumm, how often do you change your avatar dude? lol.

I actually have 2 sets of the books. I had a friend borrow The Fall of Reach & kept it so long, I was itching to read it again, so I bought another set.

I was saving up money to buy a set of Master Chief armor, til Nightmare Armor stopped making it.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
i say that halo 1 is better. screw the fact that they took out the M6A and replaced it with the weak M6C, they changed the entire physics engine, which threw everything from the original 1 away, from nade sticking to sniper rifle aiming.

and now, two pistols in halo 2 dont match the power or speed and distance a pistol from halo 1 can take someone down. 3 shots to the head and you were set.

i play halo 2 often enough online because of its stellar use of XBL....but i prefer halo 1 much more.

i also hate the fact that halo 2 didnt continue wit hthe storyline from the books. clearly 4 spartans were left alive to allow 4 player campaign play, and the novels storyline kicked way more ass than halo 2.

i can go into a billion more reasons...but i've typed all this stuff out last year when it came out...not doing it again.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

i also hate the fact that halo 2 didnt continue wit hthe storyline from the books. clearly 4 spartans were left alive to allow 4 player campaign play, and the novels storyline kicked way more ass than halo 2.

Well, with that said, you have to realize that the printed media will almost always outshine film or video game versions. I've seen some pretty bad movies and played some pretty bad games that I thought had excellent novelizations or book spinoffs from.

But at any rate, I know we are past time for more novels - it's been something like a year and a half since the last.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
How about a link to the thread you wrote up on both Halo's.

Did you think it sucked as much as I did, when Halo 2 left it with a Cliff Hanger, the World about to be annilated & the Master Chief ready to go?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
they're all over the place....most of them almost a year old, on various sites like HBO, IGN, and a few other private message boards i go to. I would be happy to give them to you, but it'll take time to find em, and right now time sis something i dont have.

Yes, i did think it sucked big time. i was sitting their thinkg, "okay. NOW i get to defend earth", take a sip of my soda, grab my control, and then the credits roll. that was some crap man. crap and a half.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
personaly i like both halos but half-life is beta
jks
im all 4 halo 2 thou i was veri disapointed with halo 2 cause wen i played it i was expecting 4 different types of warthogs and the ATV
bungie YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think the level design in Halo 2 was better than the original, I just wish there were more Earth levels and no levels with the Arbator (sp?).

I hated playing as him, I was left craving more MC action. Let's hope Bungie makes Halo3 what it deserves to be.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I enjoyed Halo 2 more than Halo 1.
Sure Halo 1 introduced cool stuff, but Halo 2 had a better story line, better graphics, dual wielding, and better levels.
The drama of the Arbiter, the conflict in the Covenant, and the level design made the game worthwhile.. but it was just too short.
Plus you can't play Halo 1 on Xbox Live. Playing Halo 1 on System Link over the internet is not the same; too much lag.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have always preffered Halo 1 because it has a better storyline and in Multiplayer, it truly shows someones skill. Sure Halo 2 is awesome for multiplayer and graphics, better maps weapons etc, but in Halo 1, taking 4 people down with 1 Sniper Rifle clip takes true skill. Too bad hacking in Halo 1 has gotten so bad that it crashed the Gamespy Halo network about a week or 2 ago.

I cant wait for Halo 2 to come out for PC. Should be very soon.

Halo

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I thought I'd share this link to a guy who's made his own Master Chief armor.

This is awesome.

Master Chief

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I saw that awhile back its awesome.....where have you been in chat?

I actually forgot I made this thread. There is a halo 3 trailer out now, and what do I see...but the original assault rifle in MC's hands...amazing.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by truttseeker]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Halo 2

Only for the quality of RvB on Halo2.

Caboose is my favorite.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
I saw that awhile back its awesome.....where have you been in chat?

I actually forgot I made this thread. There is a halo 3 trailer out now, and what do I see...but the original assault rifle in MC's hands...amazing.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by truttseeker]

I'm working 2 jobs, and doing online college course. Not much time for anything other than that dude. Sorry.

I saw the trailer for Halo 3...I hope the game is better than the trailer.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah, the trailer definitly sucked. It made me want to rip my eyes out....but the assault rifle...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join