It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colares - The CIA Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Holy Carp, I'm getting too good at this stuff.

In August 1977, the island of Colares, Brazil, was terrorized by multiple UFO encounters.
It was on History Channel tonight -- same old story, no new facts, so I stopped watching early and went snooping around.

In July 1977, the CIA took a good look at the Brazilian coast. 3 photos, stereo overlap.
Guess what was right in the center?

The spooks also took a peek in 1966 and 1980. Here's the ground tracks. Colares is in the yellow square.

The real point is they only took three frames in 1966 and 1977, and only 2 in 1980. This is not a piece of a longer sweep, these shots were isolated. That area was specifically targeted on three specific dates. They were looking for something and knew EXACTLY where and when to look.

(edited to fix title)

[edit on 17-12-2005 by rand]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I have spent a lot of time researching this event , and I must say I am pleasantly surprised and intrigued by your discovery.

What are the exact dates of the photos?

I have shown that the U.S. is involved in monitoring the Amazon Basin and surrounding area's with the new SIVAM network.

If Brazil can detect UFO's, So can the U.S.!!!

(SIVAM was mentioned this year as the poster child of the top twelve U.S. Foreign Investment successes by the U.S. Government. Per square mile , SIVAM is the largest and most sophisticated Satellite ,communications ,remote monitoring , and RADAR network on the Planet. )

[edit on 18-12-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman: What are the exact dates of the photos?

1976/08/18
1977/07/10
1980/07/25

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Where did you find this , can you give a link?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman: If Brazil can detect UFO's, So can the U.S.!!!

The US may not need to detect UFOs...UFOs may file their flight plans in advance...

Earth Explorer (I have an account there
)
Look for "Declassified Satellite Imagery".

Jimmy Carter had all this stuff declassified in 1999, and startled the whole spook community.

There have been a lot of edits and redactions (some material of Groom Lake, for instance), and some of the images show definite signs of retouching (especially now that everything is digital; you can't get raw photographic copies anymore, it appears), but they haven't tried (yet) to mess with the database. Sometimes knowing where and when is better than having the picture itself, because it can tell you the why.

In this case, we know that the CIA had an interest in a small patch of jungle (or river), that they were looking for something fairly large (resolution is only about 10 meters, so they weren't counting VW's) and either (1) got what they wanted on those three dates or (2) they missed every time but the target was time sensitive (they didn't schedule another mission immediately) or (3) they were tracking something big over four years (like a construction project).

Personally, I think they were checking up on something that looks like a little itty-bitty cloud.

Originally posted by Big_Bird:

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Happy hunting!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand

The US may not need to detect UFOs...UFOs may file their flight plans in advance...

Brazil has admitted that they have registered UFOs on RADAR in their Airspace since 1954, and they do not file flight plans with the Brazilians.

Now ,with the U.S. backed SIVAM network in place and active Brazil would be able to monitor UFOs throughout the entire Amazon basin. The SIVAM network is supported by U.S. Satellites and computer networks , so anything SIVAM detects the U.S. detects by default.

Ask yourself why does the U.S. and Brazil need to spend billions to create the largest and most sophisticated remote monitoring networks on the Planet in one of the most sparsely populated regions on Earth?

[edit on 18-12-2005 by lost_shaman]

top topics

join