It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Midas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hi

I was just wandering what anyone knows of the midas? I have noticed a links to a site which seems to be for this group after i received and invitation in an anonymous email.

Another friend of mine in Greece who also investigates these societies has mentiond that he has observed some high ranking officials with the symbols of the group in the back of their ties!!! I researched the group by their website and asked for assistance from another friend of mine who is good with symbolism. Now here is the thing, he lives Germany and not only recodnised the symbols, but knows for sure that he has seen them on official there.

Is there anyone else who has information on the group.

[edited to remove url. Since only registered members can see it, there's no sense in it being there. Also review:
TOS -nygdan]

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
your own site?
looks pretty new to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace
your own site?
looks pretty new to me.

That is just the reason i came to this board, no doubt the site is new, there is no doubt about that.

But im trying to figure out how old this group is, if indeed they are old at all!! What i want to know more precisely, is insider information and also the symbolism if anyone has any idea's?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Not impressed. Looks like something somebody just made up.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
the symbolism is per se iluminati, but my guess is that the site is part of a money scam, the reason for this is the quality of the site, and the pay for each step and you get one step closer to knowing "all" secrets.
well, that's my 2 cents anyway.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace
the symbolism is per se iluminati, but my guess is that the site is part of a money scam, the reason for this is the quality of the site, and the pay for each step and you get one step closer to knowing "all" secrets.
well, that's my 2 cents anyway.

There seems to be three recodnizable symbols. The snake (Typical) the triangle and the infinity sign. Other than that i can seem to justify this group. I think the numbers may just be random numbers and may mean nothing at all.

On the other hand i have to keep in mind that some of these symbols were spotted elsewhere on the person of some officials etc. The numbers 45 and a 2 o were also spotted..

It also seems a bit Hary Pottery in my opinion. The only thing i know for sure is that the houses are based on greek mythology. The legend of Midas is the only thing that matches anything on the group. The symbol or figure in the center as i found out is what is called a Voortrekker, this is a african (south) figure. They fought many wars against the brits etc

I have to research the voortrekkers further, aparently there is a landmark there with this figure (Monument)

I thought about the scam route also, but then they do mention donations....so im not so sure. Thanks for some real feedback DarkSpace

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

This is 100% bogus!

What "secret" society would have a cheap looking website that "welcomes guests", and has ads on their page? This is garbage.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I seriously have my doubts also. The site now seems blocked!!! They displayed information on them selves earlier

From what i did manage to read, they claimed not to be secret society. Im thinking it may just be a new group who have used some symbolism from another society into theirs, that is the only explanation i can come to regarding my mates who have seen the symbols in public.

Unless anybody knows anything (Which no one seems to), researching this group may just be a waste of time. Probably just some get along gang trying their luck.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That's about as bad as this website: www.mj12.com...

I didn't know Majestic Twelve sold t-shirts and coffee mugs.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Although i do think some newer socalled "orders" may seem as if they are complete nonsense, one must keep in mind the perception that was had of similar groups in the past, some of whom are indeed very well established to this day.

The two groups listed above are but some of those.
It is unfortunate that some such as the last mentioned group would sell goods. I suppose they must be either a sham or a very young and inexperieced group in need of finacing, who knows.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Be realistic, what secret order would even bother to make a public web page? Sort of defeats the concept of secrecy don't you think?

And besides, their logo or whatever seems to be off-center on the welcome page
A fairly amateur mistake for a secret society.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
To be honest, it isn't even a proper website. Proboards hosts discussion forums, and it's a 10 minute job to join up and get going. All the coding is done for you, so even a 14 year old work working out of his Mom's basement could have come up with that site in no time at all.

Even I could have done that!!!

Now, the M-12 site is truly majestic. I found a way to join the society after viewing the site and since yesterday I have won the lottery, had my back yard mown anonymously and received a letter of apology from the man who burgled my house in the summer complete with returned items.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Totally true.

I should however mention (In response to a public website for a secret society) that many a socalled "secret house", even today has a public face (Front). Much like what is had at Yale or Oxford there sometimes is indeed a public face and the hidden not far behind that.

It is common knowledge that the Freemasons also have a public face. It has claimed that it is not a secret society, when in actual fact it is. I say this as there are divisions (Non public side) within the Freemasons that are not public knowledge, that forms part of the masons.
A social house for lower grade membership is ideal for secret societies to have (Sometimes run under the same name as the society) as they can test and determen which of those members of the "social house" are fit or show qualities that can be used in a "secret society"

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
To be honest, it isn't even a proper website. Proboards hosts discussion forums, and it's a 10 minute job to join up and get going. All the coding is done for you, so even a 14 year old work working out of his Mom's basement could have come up with that site in no time at all.

Even I could have done that!!!

Now, the M-12 site is truly majestic. I found a way to join the society after viewing the site and since yesterday I have won the lottery, had my back yard mown anonymously and received a letter of apology from the man who burgled my house in the summer complete with returned items.

Did you order a coffee mug or a copy of Deus Ex from the website's store?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Quintus

Tell me more about this non-public side of freemasonry. As a freemason of many years standing this comes as a complete shock to me. What happens on this non-public side, and how have you come to find out about it?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have also come accross material which gives an indication of the divisions within the masons.

Not too long ago i came accross a particular website for my research illuminati news
Masonic Truth

The site seems to be pretty much accurate on many other points (Non masonic) too. Obviously i would never say that the masons represent evil or are trying to take over the world. But i will most certianly agree that there are divisions of masons (Those who built the temple of the King solomon). Those who have studied the occult would also recodnise the symbolism of the masons, which although i would not say they are devil worshippers, i will say i am in doubt as to what the greater goal is, considering the use of symbols which are clearly indicated in occult works.

Again let me just say i am not against the masons. I do however have some doubts regarding the actual truth (As do most).

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Static!!

It does seem like you are more or less hinting that the masons are based on devil whoshippers?
And you are saying this based on the symbolism alone?

By division of the masons i was implying there are lodges that focus on achieving different objectives, and that only.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
You may find this very interesting.......

Check the gallery

[edit on 19-12-2005 by static]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
His accusations are fueled by symbols of Masonry, obvious mis-interpretation of Albert Pike's text, and full blown paranoid speculation.

Lucifer, quite literally means "Light Bearer" and light has a major role in Freemasonry. (Following excerpt taken from "Symbols of Freemasonry by Daniel Beresniak.):

Light: A Metaphor for the Word

The word light has a number of seperate meanings for Freemasons, which together form a network of meaning which expresses the breadth and depth of its importance to their thinking.

1.) Masonic Light:

When a new member becomes a Freemason he is "given the light" during the ceremony of initiation to the degree of Entered Apprentice. The shock of initiation that comes when the blindfold is removed removed from his eyes.

2.) The Three Lesser Lights:

These are the Sun, the Moon and the Lodge MAster, and are described in these terms: "The Sun to rule over the day, the moon to preside over the night and the Master to gvern and direct his lodge.

3.) The Three Greater Lights

These are "the volume of the sacred law, the square and the compasses". The volume of the sacred law is the Bible, open either at the Book of Kings or at the first page of the Gospel According to Saint John which reads: "In the beginning was the Word." It can be any other book which is recognised as being of great spiritual worth, thus reflecting the fact that Freemasonry isopen to people of many religions, united by their belief in a Supreme Being.

4.) The Lights of the Workshop

In the French and Scottish Rites, the Worshipful Master (or Lodge Master), the two Wardens, the Orator and the Secretary are called "the Lights of the Workshop". Sometimes the term "the three great lights" is used for the Worshipful Master and the two Wardens... In the Memphis Rite, the temple is "lit with the light of Egypt". The "light of freedom" is referred to at the thirtieth degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite (that of Grand Elect Knight Kadosh). In Belgium, the Sun, the Moon, the Blazing Star and the Starry Vault are called the "astral lights"

If any Freemason on this board wishes to fill in the gaps on what I missed in the importances of Light then feel free to do so.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Majestic12]

top topics

join