It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revised Patriot Act Restricts Freedom of Speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
With this new provision the rights to any type of protest either organized or spontaneous, either peaceful or violent will be completely make illegal under any circumstances.

So sad to see fellow Americans so willing to give away their constitutional rights just to defend their political leaders that are taken them away.

What many Fellow Americans are forgetting is . . . that all political leaders are supposed to be elected by We the people and taken away when they do not respect The will of the people

The brainwashing of American is going better than any power in the country would ever have hope for it.

Very sad.

We the People voted for Bush and like the Patriot Act!

Get a grip and stop feeding on what the liberal elites shove down your gullets!

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

The Boston Tea party was of couse before the U.S. government was set up and the Constitution was drafted.

But I do believe there was a government here that they disagreed with, it was british if I remember correctly.

Or maybe they should have just shut up and do as they were told, after all would protect them from the the terrorists whoops I mean Indians

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Thats right shut up and do as you are told. How DARE you question our leaders????? Are you one of those liberal commie scum?????

Please......

By the way I voted for Badnarik

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Of course it was the British Crown that was in charge, not a government by the people!

And when they set up a new government by and for the people, they would not enjoy there hard work being disrupted by protesters! And or wacko's who ALWAYS think the government is out to get them!!

The United States is the most free nation in the world, and no part of the Patroit Act will change this. I love to give you more information on 1776 but I don't have all year.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Thats right shut up and do as you are told. How DARE you question our leaders????? Are you one of those liberal commie scum?????

Please......

By the way I voted for Badnarik

No, it's not "do as we are told", the government is doing what WE told them to do. We voted for them and their leadership style, and policy!

The majority of Americans voted this President in, remember????

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It just so happens I am discussing how our founding fathers would like our country today on this thread.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and by the way I dont believe the black helocopters are hoovering over my roof as we speak. I just have the odd notion that I was free to disagree with the government and pick and nag and dog them every step of the way. Or should we all just shut up and allow the Government to do as they please? Remember the shoe will turn and some day it will be the liberal commie scum snooping into every nook and cranny of your life.

PS

by the way most of our founding fathers were wackos that believed the government was out to get them

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

No, it's not "do as we are told", the government is doing what WE told them to do. We voted for them and their leadership style, and policy!

The majority of Americans voted this President in, remember????

-- Boat

I'd wager that the majority of Americans are also too busy to pay close attention to the realm of politics. They see another Bush family member, and remember his dad's term and vote him into the oval office.

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin

- Attero

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Interesting, I will check out your link.

I agree we should always be able to question and disagree with our government. And people do all the time...powerful people.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by WestPoint23
When you have something more than that, let me know

So we should wait till they start shotting us in the streets or doing house to house searches before we dare to question those that we pay to be outr servents? When do you think we should be allowed to disagree with the Government? Or should we just shut up and do as we are told by our betters? Maybe I am mistaken but I thought we had not only a right but a DUTY to watch those crooks, theives and traitors like a hawk.

And before anyone starts whining about the democrats did it too, I agree.

They are crooks, thieves and traitors too.

A freakin` men.

Marg posted above that the brainwashing of the American Public is going better then any country could ever wish for. That's because the brainwashing of the American Public is all happening from within.

That's why it's going so well.

Die hard "patriots" pick up on this act and praise it, 'Defending the Homeland!' and we even have a faux of a "war" going on to convince them of this act's use.

But really, what has changed since the patriot act came into effect.. I mean, really think back to before all this crap started......

Dream back..

...Back to before the government could suspect you were a terrorist because you argued for hardline islamic beliefs on the internet or you acted "funny" in public circumstances.

...Back to before they burst down your door while you're at work and raid your entire house and take every piece of equipment they desire.. without even telling you... just because they suspect you may be a hardline "terrorist" because of your beliefs.

...Back before they didnt monitor your phone calls and internet traffic because you have these strong islamic beliefs...

...Let's not stop there.. lets look back to before they could do all this just because you were "flagged". Maybe you said a naughty group of words in a hypothetical discussion on a message board.

..or before they could research every single in and out of a civilian without even a court order. Books/movies rented, credit cards, phone taps, record releases, survaliance, and or arrest Without having to show one single ounce of reasonable shred of proof to a judge!

Stop there, don't even go any further back.. because theres just secret Gitmo's all over the place and you don't even wanna look into the atrocities going on with civil rights when a person gets wisked away to one of those. Regardless of origin.

But hey, you're safe.. because you don't have any hardline beliefs, or argue theoretitically or with your imagination on a message board that's about to become one of the most talked about sites on the web in a few months.

You'll be even safer when the feds start going door to door in search of "illegal weapons" and you gladly invite them in to take your guns.

That is ofcourse, when the take away our gun freedoms. If you think they're going to stop here, think a little harder...

Theres a very very fine line seperating the American Public from Freedom and Tyranny. And if you ask me, it's getting a little too crowded in here, but when the axe falls, and the United States is "legally" and "constitutionally" doing this, I wont be one of the many people that gladly let them in my house. Not because I am afraid of what they may or may not find, but because my right as an American Born Citizen denies ANY state authority to force themselves into my life without DUE CAUSE.

Maybe they'll shoot me during a 3 week standoff and I'll make the news. But I'll die a free man.

But hey, snap back to reality here.. The PATRIOT Act is PATRIOTIC!! It's for your own good chump. We won't step on your toes, we just want to be make sure we can if we ever want to.. got it? You listening to me? We won't bug you.. unless we need something from you.. then we'll come on over... and take it. Smile and always remember, Don't Be a Terrorist, Fight the War on Drugs, and Muslims Are Bad. Stay tuned for: Gun Your Way Into Safety, Hand In That Gun... or else.

Oh.. yeah.. I remember what the world was like back then.. Terrorist, wars and peacetime. Only difference now, is Terrorists, Wars, Peacetime, and Loss of Freedoms.

[edit on 12/16/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
ludraCris...Our rights as Americans were shot out of the window with the new passage of the Patriot Act. Under it, you cannot go and assemble in a large group like protesting something that you or your peers are passionate about like saving the whales etc.... What I think that many people here in the U.S. do not know is that this legislation was passed through with hardly any input from the average citizen. Now when we have a govt. like this looking out for us, it is time to put your head between your legs and kiss it because we let them pass it through. There is very, very, little transpeircey in the way our laws are brought forth.
You may not know this fact: 90%of the laws that are voted on in both houses' are written by the lobbyists who are wanting this or that to get through, while lining the pockets of our elected ones to make sure it does. Now to me that is that seems like a very cozy relationship to me and it is not just limited to one party because both the Dems. and the Reps. are in it up to their necks. Thanks for the one up Amuk!

[edit on 16-12-2005 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It is certainly good news that the anti Patriot Act is facing opposition in the House on both sides if the aisle. It is possible that the act may go down to defeat and that the temporary measures (dozen or so) will expire in two weeks. That would be a HUGE victory for America and for the concept of freedom. Striking down these provisions will deal a blow to terrorism. It will tell terrorits that we will now self inflict harm if you attack us. That despite your efforts we will remain a free country. Creating garbage like the Patriot Act gives a win to terrorists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join