It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush takes it on the chin over Iraqi intel and war decision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

President Bush accepted responsibility on Wednesday for the decision to go to war with Iraq despite faulty intelligence but said the decision to oust Saddam Hussein was still correct.

He still stands by the decision that Saddam needed to be ousted, and I am sure that there will be left wing backlash of too little too late and that they shuld ahave had better intel. Remember, it is not only republicans on every oversight committee. I feel this was a good step forward to admit there were issues, but that we as a country must still stay strong and complete the mission to liberate the people of Iraq with free elections and free choice.

Hopefully this honesty can break some political barriers and allow our goverment to work with each other, not against each other.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
(frantically wraping multilayers of duct tape around head)

With the entire planet having the same intel about Iraqi WMD's, the greater question should be "where did they go"? It appears the nuke program went to Iran via the Russian special forces trucks............

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I personally don't care about the Iraqi people and I don't feel it is the responsability of the US to bring Democracy to a tribal society. They have their own way of doing things and it seems arrogant to try and change them thru military means. Now if this war is about OIL; thats different.

I feel this war is about oil and the story of spreading of democracy and freedom in Iraq is just a smoke screen to justify it to the American taxpayers. American parents probably wouldn't want to sacrifice their sons and daughters so Halliburton and the other big oil companys can raise the dividends to their stockholders.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by whaaa]

[edit on 14-12-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
They risk their lives to go vote and you can sit here and try to argue that they dont want democracy?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They vote because it is the little influence on their "situation" they have aside from blowing each other up. It doesnt necessarily mean they want us there. They are intelligent, capable people. We helped them oust a dangerous dictator, bravo for that. Its time we ease on out and let the Iraqis determine Iraqi destiny, not US economic interests. You cant liberate people and kill them at the same time. Thats an oxymoron. If the Iraqis crumble when left to their own devices, so be it. It doesnt justify any American deaths. You dont see us going to every struggling country starting a conflict under the veil of defense from terrorists. What about the Sein Fein? They are terrorists, but there is no oil in Ireland. How about Jamaica? Anybody ever been to Kingston? Those people arent much better off than the Iraqis. This wallstreet war must end!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Of course he will.. cripes I cant believe people are falling for this nice guy act.

IT can only be a GOOD THING politically for him to say ' its my fault '

he doesnt really give a HOOOOOT

thnk about it.

what on gods green earth can you, me, or ANYONE do to really dicipline him for this.
I mean he made a COLLOSAL ERROR, killed THOUSANDS for no reason.. yet he's untouchable.
Hell if the US can try a man for cheating on his wife and LIE ABOUT IT, why cant they prosecte a man for LYING TO THE PUBLIC which caused the death of thousands of innocents...

We live in a stupid world, when the man having the affair has a trial, yet the man who kills thousands can openly admit it without dire effects

And dont start with the crap that the weapons went to Iran or syria.

if your government can take satellite photos of the weapons in yards.. then why cant they take photos of convoys of trucks carrying them into iran..
wouldnt that be the better evidence to put in front for this war with iran thats around the corner? rrather than the nuke issue?

think people think...

IF Iraq had weapons we would of seen DIRECT PHOTOS
Satellites are that good beleive it or not.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It appears the nuke program went to Iran via the Russian special forces trucks............

You're getting your talking points wrong, it was Syria the nonexistent WMD stockpiles were supposedly shipped to.

I know it's hard to get them straight, is it Eastasia that Oceania has always been at war with? So hard to remember...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If I knew the Intel to go to war over Iraq was BS, then Bush/Cheney must have known. They lied. Plain and simple.

It's just been reported another $100 billion dollars are to go to Iraq and the US is already bankrupt. How can anyone still support this administration? Madness. The fall of the American Empire is in progress and the idiots are waving the flag and cheering as they sink.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
Madness. The fall of the American Empire is in progress and the idiots are waving the flag and cheering as they sink.

HERE HERE !

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If I knew the Intel to go to war over Iraq was BS, then Bush/Cheney must have known. They lied. Plain and simple.

Do you write the PDB each day? Seems that would be the only way you would know more than them, and maybe some of the information was not included.

As far as the flag waving comment, if you would rather sit and whine about something then attmept to help change it, then you are no less of an idiot. For some reason i feel offended in the fact of knowing that patriotism in your is not just.

The fall of the American empire is farther off than you think......

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Another "Bush was wrong, the war was wrong, the US is bad and they lied" post! Man, I couldn't possibly imagine a day going by on ATS where some snivelling liberal moron didn't start the same thread - over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I mean, let's all pile on and have the same pointless discussions about this - AGAIN! I mean, heck we've already got about 30+ threads on this same subject already going...

www.lookatentertainment.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And that's just a quick sampling from the active threads page!

COME ON MODS!!! Put an end to this crap. Isn't one thread enough? Why aren't these hacks banished to the Politics page anyway!? This is ruining an otherwise excellent forum!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't think any of those threads are about dubya accepting responsibility for his war?

Anyway, that's what happens when you support your president for leading the country into a war under false pretenses. You have to pay the price of reading endless threads started by us snivelling liberal morons.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
They risk their lives to go vote and you can sit here and try to argue that they dont want democracy?

You have to bear in mind there is a differance between having a goal and achieving a goal. I have no doubt that the people of Iraq want a democracy wheather or not the people of Iraq can over come tribal differnces and the incomptance of the post war occupation is another matter.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Trust me, there's many more non-liberal people around the WORLD, that is shaking there heads at the United States of America.

We realise in reality, the public didnt mean anything.. so its not nessecarily at the people of the country that we're angry at. The US president would of done this regardless public support, I mean... thats exactly what they did in the end anyway right?

So the world cant be put in two catergories, bush haters, or bush lovers.
Because I am a bush hater, what has he done that is worth my respect as a human on this planet?
Yet I enjoy the USA, and its people. Its a fun place, the people treat you good and you enjoy it everytime if your not a citizen.

Love the Country, Loathe the leader.

The only thing that gets me completely astounded, Is when I come across americans, who are totally 'Pro-Iraq, pro Bush'
Who dont care about the plain and obvious Extremities of the expense towards this slaughter,
and argue, against their leaders critics?

If your prepared to debate 'for' your president, you better damn well be prepapred for me to debate 'for' my opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

I believe this is #2 in the ATS disinformation nemisis thread.

2. become incredulous and indignant

Please review my post and you will see that nowhere did I say the Iraqis don't want democracy.

Peace on Earth, good will to men

[edit on 16-12-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Trust me, there's many more non-liberal people around the WORLD, that is shaking there heads at the United States of America.

Bush supporters dont have the will or cant cant grasp that concept.

If your prepared to debate 'for' your president, you better damn well be prepapred for me to debate 'for' my opinion.

I agree 150% with that statement.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Exscuse me kozmo I am a lib dem supporter and I'd like to say one thing, I am a living contradiction to your belief that liberals hate thier country.

top topics

join