It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can stealth be beaten...??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
reply to post by RichardPrice

aw C'mon.. You have to be steadfast even in the face of extreme stupidity

explain? am I to interpret this as you calling my post an example of extreme stupidity?

educate me plzkthnx.

-

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

By spotting the aircraft and sending some planes up to kill it.

Crude, but effective....at least in the daytime. Problem is, the sky is BIG, and without radar to assist, it's a daunting (though not impossible) task. At night though...much more difficult.

Thing is, there are degrees of stealth...and sometimes that's traded off for other attributes.

As for someone talking about maneuverability, speed, etc., that all doesn't mean much if your enemy can have a missile locked on you before you even know they are there.

I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't other more secretive counter-stealth technologies either in use or active development though. EVERY technology eventually becomes obsolete. Stealth is one of the latest and greatest, but everything can be beaten, and stealth planes have been downed before.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
North Korea's wooden WW1 era prop planes actually are stealthy.

Wood is just as stealthy as advanced carbon composites. Absorb, don't reflect.

As for can stealth be beaten? If you can hit a wooden or plastic airplane with a laser and ignite it, she's going to burn baby burn.

Stealth is a never ending attempt to try and defeat the other guys sensors. Our F-117 was defeated in Bosnia by Russian Tech using cell phone frequencies to scan the sky instead of conventional radar from what I read.

Bosnia proved Stealth can be beaten. F117's were hit.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join