Welcome to ATS.
Here is a short glossary of terms used on the internet. If you see some ‘funny’ words and acronyms on the web site you should be able to figure
out what it means from this thread.
- A blog is basicly an online journal. Many people use blogs including celeberties and news reporters.
- By The Way.
- Typing all in capitol letters.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- To Flame some one or Flaming, is to send nasty or insulting messages.
- Graphic Interchange Format. A common image file.
- In My Humble Opinion or sometimes IMO
- In My Opinion.
- Joint Photographic Experts Group. A common image file.
- Laughs Out Loud. Sometimes ROTFL
is used, Roll On The Floor Laughing.
- Oh My God
- A PODcast is a audio broadcast over the internet. It is usually associated with apples portable music player, the iPOD. You do not
need a iPOD to listen to PODcast.
- In the real world Spam is unwanted meat that comes from a can. On the internet Spam is unwanted advertisements that come from a man.
- A second member account that is used by the same person. This is sometimes used as a way to create the illusion of support in an
- a troll is a person who posts for the purpose of disruption. Trolls feed on other peoples frustrations. Do not feed the trolls.
If you know any more terms that should be here please feel free to add them.
Just keep to the ATS Terms And Conditions Of Use
If you don't know a term and can't find it here, please ask.
[edit on 14/12/2005 by Umbrax]