It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, question for all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'm a Halo fan, read all the books, got both games, beaten them many many times.

My question is...who likes this game & what do you like most about it?

I love the game, but I have a reason to love it so much. I grew up like a Spartan. No, I'm not yanking your chain, I did.

I've been working since I was 6 years old, mowing lawns, working on construction sites, building houses, you name it, with My step-father. On top of this, My step-father was a Marine, during Vietnam & he taught Me everything he knew, & I learned a lot of stuff on My own.

I've had military thinking pounded into My head for the majority of My life, also I was a Police Explorer during High School & was in the National Guard around age 20.

When I read those Halo books, or any books about the Navy SEAL's, I feel like I wrote the book, as I understand everything in them, 100% clear. My step-father was recruited to be a SEAL & recruited to become a Police Officer several times, but he turned them both down, he's seen enough death & destruction. I wanted to be a SEAL since I was 10, but at 17, the Navy Recruiter said I was a "No-Go" because I had glasses, this was 15 years ago, which was definately something that was part of their requirements back then (to be able to see without glasses or contacts).

I found out too late, when I was 28, that you could get corrective surgery, by the special selective surgeon that the SEAL's have you go to. I'm about to get My butt in gear to be in Police Academy for next Fall.

I'm curious to see who answers on this post, & what the comments are to it.

By the way, I picked the name, for multiple reason. First, I am a Spartan by life experience, second, I've been told I was Leonidas : King of the Spartans in one of My many many past lives, & led the Spartans to Thermopylae.

I've learned from the ignorance of the original Spartans though, I've learned diplomacy & how to bring people up to My level of excellance, without making them feel inferior, well to some extent most of the time (I can't help it when slackasses can't measure up & feel less than Me, especially some of the people I work with, I am a workaholic after all).

[edit on 14-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i like the 2nd one the best because of the game play and duel wielding. not to mention xbox live.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't particularly like Halo. Therefore I think very little about it.

I know it means something to you though.
That is clear from your post. I also suffer from a hero complex...and love every minute of it.

I am playing Dragonshard at the moment.

D

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
AAAwww....I think I'm in love. Better be careful, apocalypta, I might break your heart, lol.

See you around, I'm sure.

top topics

join