It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were given $1,000,000,000 what would you do with it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
So what would you do with it?

And please don't give me some lame arse "I'd feed the children of the world" BS - be selfish!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Buy myself a country and run it as I pleased.

And you dont want to know how I'd run it.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I'd probably invest at least half of the money into all kinds of stocks & bonds, to make sure I'd never have to work again.

Make your money work for you, not work for your money. Yeah, I know that's a lot of money, but statistically, 95% of all people who've won the Lottery, are bankrupt within 5 years.

I'd take the rest of the money, pay off everything I owe debt on, build Me a house here in America the way I want it, I hate those "cookie cutter homes" everyone has, that looks just like everyone elses on the block.

Then, I'd do the same in Australia with a house. I'd buy My own airplane after getting a Flying License & go around the World anytime I choose, to wherever I choose. Maybe a boat too, so I could go by boat when I want to too.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Buy the next sports team that goes up for sale and then give the rest to my wife.

[edit on 12/14/2005 by Classified Info]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Mmmm....

#1 Id hook my family up right away..Then tell them they are on thier own for cash. Maybe $5mil per household.

#2 Pay off my debt

(1 and 2 would take about 30 minutes)

#3 Quit my job, but I would give two weeks notice. I really want my bosses, and my bosses bosses, and thier bosses bosses, to see me walking around with a huge smile on my face for a few weeks. Id make sure to park my brand new Range Rover Sport in thier parking spots a few times by "accident"

#4 I would have one hell of a shopping weekend with my family. Nothing big just yet, just some personal items we have always wanted. I.e. nice watch, jewelry for my wife, clothes, etc.

#5 Build a new home. Nothing stupid, just something nice and roomy with a huge yard. Id make it look like a "normal" home, but it would be built like fort knox. Want my family safe...

#6 Then I would start splurging on the big stuff. Few more cars (3-4), 25' Whaler Outrage rigged for fishing, Nice top of the line home theater and play room, couple of tricked out Voodoo Omens (if you dont know what those are, then it wont matter what they are), nice furnishings for the house, full workshop ready to build anything, etc. Basically just spoil the heck out of ourselves for a frick'in change! Work too damn hard for not a whole lot right now, we deserve it...

#7 Even though we are insanely rich, Id still put away some college money and a retirement fund. You never know...

#8 Find some CONSERVATIVE investements that have a low yield but are very, very safe. After all, I would already be rich as sin, just want to make enough to not touch my principal and live comfortably on the interest. Wouldnt be very tough with that kind of scratch...no need for risky stuff.

#9 I would set up an organization and fund. Hire a small group of people who would SECRETLY identify poor families with kids who want to go to college but cannot afford it. Set up some criteria and such of course. And then without the student or family having any idea in advance, arrange to have 100% of all tuition and expenses paid for that student, full ride. Even living expenses, they are on thier own for beer money and cover charges though...

#10 Randomly and anonymously go into restaurants and pick up the entire tab for a couple of hours.

#11 Have fun and live happily ever after.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well I would immediatly open up a savings account and put in half. I would use the other half to build a concrete bunker to live in. Have a freaking awsome computer, a sensible car, a few acres of land around my bunker, and let me think what else I would have...instead of having widows on my bunker, I would have flat screen T.V.s hanging around on the walls that recieve picture from cameras placed directly behind them on the outside of it.

The walls on this bunker would be anywhere from three feet to six feet think and have a lead plating on the outside and the inside.

I know I'm paranoid....

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Guys, this isnt $1 Million, or even $1 Billion...

This is ONE TRILLION DOLLARS.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
1,000 = one thousand
1,000,000 = one million
1,000,000,000 = one billion
1,000,000,000,000 = one trillion

That would be enough money to keep me in trouble for the rest of my life, and be able to afford the best lawyers to get me out of trouble.........

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
This is ONE TRILLION DOLLARS.

Last time I checked nine zeros was a billion.

Like Classified, I would buy a sports team, preferably an NFL franchise.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hmm...
Put some in a savings account
Invest in Sauerkraut
and go to Best Buy

Then if there's anything left, I'll buy a house in Costa Rica, or something

--Kit.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Oops...

Ok, buy myself a small country...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I'd feed the children of the world" BS - be selfish!

I have nothing to say then,

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would retire immediately, buy big houses and probably donate millions to a Military foundation. Oh yeah, I would also put that $$S in the bank at let interest rates work their magic.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
buy the presidency

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Buy a mansion with a huge indoor pool thats in a sun room type thing, a helipad, a helicopter, and a stretch hummer. The rest I will use for whatever comes up

$$$

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Buy ATS and fire Tomas Crowne

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Buy ATS and fire Tomas Crowne

lol if i were you i would start running now

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Asala, you really cant think of anything completely and utterly selfish and devoid of respect to others?

Your not being the exception to the rule. State something sadistic and mean to do with your newfound cash.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I too would invest in tons of sauerkraut, then take a picture, then post another thread on it and its relation with german politics. Then I'd go, buy some awesome cars. Then host the first ats party, in my 50 million dollar mansion.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
WAIT! I would buy Area51!

Then fly me some F-22s and Blackbirds and Nighthawks and B-2s

top topics

<<   2 >>

join