It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shape shifting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Alot of our modern day werewolf stories originate from one area.
Where as alot of our other stories sprang from their loins.
Keep in mind that this is only one slice of this pie!
Here is a link that depicts the origin of the legends
it would seem that it is believed that a fungus that grew in the wheat or something may have caused hallucinations in those who were afraid of wolves(the worst predatory threat other than man....put two and three together you get six.you know what i mean?

ks.essortment.com...

[edit on 13-12-2005 by toraylin]

[edit on 13-12-2005 by toraylin]

HS

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Tora, the shape shifting where people feel they have changed to another lifeform is nothing more than a connection in a dream or awake on a telepathic level. A few nights ago I had the distinct sensation in a dream I was a dragonfly methodically hunting insects.
it is not hard to relate to someone accidentally ingesting '___' off stored wheat in ancient times relating to being a wolf which were plentiful in medeival Europe. I have pulled on bat radar at times wide awake, like Beastmaster, to see things with my eyes closed. I don't do that anymore, I'm batty enough

Honor Seed

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Whoa H.S you found one of my older posts neighbour!

What I meant is that the general descriptions of wherewolves and most legends pertaining to the that we find in the mainstream of lore mostly originated here,as far as silver bullets and full moons are concerned while all of it is relevant to the study of shapeshifting.I think I meant to say that there is much more to it than being attacked by an infected human then by the next full moon you turn yourself.

Then again I don't really know what I was trying to convey there?
I'm not really sure on shapeshifting by any means but I will not rule anything out.I have seen very strange things.

HS

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Tora, I have seen all manner of beasts also including the 7 headed dragon described in Revelations, in fact, have caught glimpses of a few today.

What you wrote about being infected by others rings s distant mind bell with me. It is very possible that we see things using an imagination that is not our own. From the living power of the mind comes fearful images of beasts telepathically. From our own minds comes the projection of these beasts also from words or pictures. when a cloud of energy approaches that is fear, we project an image of something to be afraid of where that cloud of energy is, such as the many reports of shadow people recently noted. Since DNA and memory neurons both may have the memory of werewolves handed down generation to generation from the time the myth started, it is not to difficult to believe a person can see these things in a fear cloud. I put a complete explanation in my Part of a Thesis post.

Honor

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I don't know about werewolves, but ergot is indeed a fungus that grows on wheat, and a natural form of '___' is one derivative of it. It is believed that most of the people hung/burned during the Salem witch trial were actually high because of '___' created when the town's wheat supply grew this mold on it.

Salem Witch Trial - Ergot Theory

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Not that I'm sure but much lore of mythical beasts was created in that area within a span of time.Now I have done very little study into the definite origins of many myth's concerning werewolves and other creature's concerning old england amongst other lands in that area. I for one would be a definite candidate to burn im guessing that many of us here would.

new topics

top topics

join