It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71% Of Iraqi's say life is going good! And some other eye opening good news...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Actually, Iraq was one of the most ADVANCED, WESTERNIZED countries in all of the Middle East after Israel.

They've had running water for thousands of years in some places. Their civilization predates yours by, again, THOUSANDS of years. Civilization BEGAN there. Are you really that ignorant?

As for enjoying the trappings of modern civilization: Where do you get your info? Like I said, Iraq has always been on of the most modern of all Arabic countries. Google it.

Honestly, people's ignorance and arrogance is so disappointing sometimes.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Jakomo]

So many people forget that Iraq, like Saudi Arabia and Iran, were major modern political and economic powers in the world just over 15 years ago. In the grand scheme of things it hasn't been that long, but the way people talk makes it seem like it's been that long.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Think its all Doom & Gloom in Iraq? Then you have been suckered by the media and the haters in general.

The truth is quite different. Here are some numbers to open your eyes:

mod edit to shorten quote of the first post in this thread.
The does not appear to be any remarks made in this post.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is all a bunch of crap, and I know this for a fact. Where did you get these statistics? FOX News? This is a bunch of nonesense. I know people who have family in Iraq, and they say that the people there HATE the American presence. They HATE it. They are fighting against it, these make up most of the so-called insurgents...anyone who opposes them is an insurgent, they say. So get over it.Iraqi people DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT favour the American presence there. In fact, according to what Im told, it is common knowledge among the Iraqi people that the occupational forces are really the ones behind the suicide attacks on civilians. That is what people who have families in Iraq told me. Id trust them rather than these sourceless statistics.

And have you forgot about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that marched in the street, protesting fraud in the national election! Its amazing how you seemed to skip passed that, eh.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

[edit on 5-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What is going on in Iraq is been spoon fed by the media, from the good news the government try to sell to the bad news that the media brings because it attracts rates.

The true is that the established government is having a hard time staying alive.

The people are dying during the insurgency assaults.

The only jobs that are open and available do to the death rates is the police, military and security.

That is truth.

The only safe zone is the green zone and even that is not beyond attacks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join