It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Rocket Fuel Found In Milk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is indeed very nasty stuff. I work at tracking this kind of contamination in the groundwater. In my area, the source is known to be a series of USAF airbases, and has already leaked into the groundwater in some areas.

I have a feeling that a lawsuit is at hand in this case...

LUBBOCK, TX, Sept. 19 - A toxic component of rocket fuel has been found in supermarket milk at levels exceeding the federal government's currently recommended safe dose for drinking water, according to a peer-reviewed scientific study published today.

A team of five researchers from the Institute of Environmental and Human Health at Texas Tech University report in the journal Environmental Science and Technology that perchlorate was "unambiguously detected" in seven of seven cow's milk samples from Lubbock grocery stores.

Perchlorate levels in the milk ranged from 1.7 to 6.4 parts per billion - all higher than the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's most recent proposed safety standard of 1 ppb. Enforceable federal standards are not expected for at least five years, but the State of California has set 4 ppb of perchlorate as the "action level" at which a public water supply should be shut down.

Perchlorate, the explosive main ingredient of solid rocket and missile fuel, can disrupt the thyroid gland's ability to make essential hormones. For fetuses, infants and children, disruptions in thyroid hormone levels can cause lowered IQ, mental retardation, loss of hearing and speech, and motor skill deficits.

www.ewg.org...

[edit on 6-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
That means this stuff is in like what every 16,ooo gallons of water? Crazy, I thought they new better to allow this kind of equipment around farming areas.

I hear a lawsuit also Dragon.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
New additives every day!

Yes, lawsuits, taxpayer dollars for defense, affected communities get token recognitions, lawyers gain.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I dont know what the source is in this particular case (I didnt read the entire article), however in my case, all I can say is that the US military is by far the worst environmental criminal on the planet...

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Oh, but you want to give them hundreds of billions more to "protect us." C'mon. Get real. I guess its not arsenic in the water I should be worried about.

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Oh, but you want to give them hundreds of billions more to "protect us." C'mon. Get real. I guess its not arsenic in the water I should be worried about.

No Colonel, worry about the bleach, floride and everything else put into city water.

Long time no see how are you doing by the way?
About this pollution thing, the way things are now, the damage is irreversable. The ozone is so far the only thing that can recover within any of our lifetimes. As for the rest of the planet, ground pollution and air pollution go hand in hand as what goes up must come down. Or so the laws of physics says, and in the occult circles it is said "as above so below"...or is it, as below so above?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
How ya been, Advisor Man, yeah, its been a long time. Where ya been?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh, you forgot this:

"Perchlorate, most of it leaking from military bases or defense plants..."

"Researchers also found perchlorate in one sample of evaporated cow's milk (1 ppb) and one sample of human BREAST MILK (about 4 ppb), but none was found in a sample of reconstituted powdered milk."

BREAST MILK!. Oh, we're all going to hell or turn into some kinda mutant. Capitlaism at work, for ya. I'm leaving the country.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If you leave, make sure to check in every so often and appease your blog fans. Otherwise another conspiracy may arise and god only knows what else...

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This dosen't make any sense, I thought America was smart.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The people of America are as smart as the people we elect to represent us. That is a mistake repeated through out our political history. Unfortunetly short memories are the cause of our down fall and the election of those who place us there.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Perchlorate is a common chemical found associated with aircraft maintenance and outfitting areas. The other main chemicals that are used in such areas (that I have become very familiar with) are trichloroethylene (TCE) and tetratchloroethylene (PCE).

Back in the day when environmental concern was next to nonexistant for the military (which wasnt too long ago), one of the favored methods of getting rid of excess chemicals was the use of "evaporation pits". IE, large holes dug in the ground, with NO liner, and the offending chemicals were simply dumped in by the barrel, to either evaporate into the atmosphere (gee, wonder what the vapors were doing to those in the area???) or to soak down into the ground and into the local aquifer (also known as the local municipal water supply).

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I rarely drink milk so i am safe. Maybe they should just add the toxic stuff on the list of ingrediants.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
i love milk but i live in the U.k so who knows if its better or worse. but CRAIIIIG DAIIIIRIES is nice milk.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Who say milk in US is still milk, what we get is a mixture of something like milk.

I am not that old but I remember when my mother use to get the milk right out of the cow and boil it because to pasteurized them they did some other thing to separated the cream and them we had mild to drink.

About polution in the water does anybody remember the Kyoto Protocol?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
TOXIC ROCKET FUEL?

Well, that is only one of the harmful 'ingredients' in the "white stuff" [milk], the "orange & white & blue stuff" [cheese], the various shades of "creams, pretty pinks and blues" [yoghurt] and almost everyone's favorite ice-cream. Everything tastes better with a little sugar coating, huh?

The Dairy industry continues to market their products as being healthy and even necessary when in actuality they are harmful to our human bodies. Do they care what we think about their product? HECK YA they care, it's a multi-billion dollar enterprise. Wouldn't you care if you held a billion dollars in your wallet and someone [worse yet, an ATS newbie] dipped into it and took some of it away?

YES you would care!

A few things that milk contains:

Pus Cells: www.notmilk.com... [ewwwww!!]

Bacteria: www.apfn.net... [just what I always wanted to go with my daily intake of vitamins]

TB bacteria: www.mercola.com...

Calcium?: It may have some calcium, but is it really worth the risk? There are other ways of getting calcium without the serious risks or side effects.

Side effects:

Breast cancer: "A comparison study published in Cancer shows that meat and milk consumption are positively associated with breast cancer deaths." www.milksucks.com...

Various other effects: www.notmilk.com...

They pasteurize milk, WHY? Pasteurization is to remove the HARMFUL Pathogens [Coxiella burnettii]. Sounds yummy, huh?

I do not have time to list everything, but do a search for yourself.. Couldn't milk be considered a WMD?

YOU DECIDE!

My Vote - NO THANKS!

AngelIC

[edit on 6-6-2004 by angelIC]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well this sucks!!!!! They cant even keep toxic chemicals away from milk now!!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

No Colonel, worry about the bleach, floride and everything else put into city water.

I would be more worried about drinking the water without the shc if I were you. Flouride is only added to help with tooth decay. All and all the ppm are more than regulated to be safe. Most of the remaining chemicals are only added for filtration purposes.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
angelIC, that was a good one I though about milk to be WMD

But you know what that is true, I remember some study was done in wish the early development of girls is due to milk hormones. Do you have anything on that?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
angelIC, that was a good one I though about milk to be WMD

But you know what that is true, I remember some study was done in wish the early development of girls is due to milk hormones. Do you have anything on that?

Hello Marg,

Actually, I had read something about this some time ago but I forgot about it until I read your post.. thank you.

I did a search on the subject and this is only some of what I found:

www.007b.com...
eces.org...
observer.thecentre.centennialcollege.ca...

There are various ideas about why this occurs (chemicals in foods, the use of plastic baby bottles, hormones given to cows that are passed on thru the milk, etc.) but as with most things.. there are so many angles I wonder if we will ever know the 'truth'?

But as far as I'm concerned there is enough evidence that I've decided that milk just isn't the beverage for me.

Originally posted by Advisor

Good point. That just happens to be another rant I have but I will not go into that here.

AngelIC

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join