It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Guys and TV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

PODcast: Guys and TV?
Geez - This really goes beyond my understanding. It's really that big a deal?

length: 04:11
file: btstpod_1049.mp3
size: 3918k
feed: btst

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

PODcast: Guys and TV? (reply 1)
Too cute!

length: 02:13
file: btstpod_1050.mp3
size: 1047k
feed:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Relentless / BH,

While I can only speak for myself, you get me a latest, greatest techie-type gift and you will have found the way to my digital heart.! :shk:

We're so shallow in some ways.

I just wanted to comment as to how enjoyable the casual banter was in both your podcasts.

Relentless,
If he's tickled with the upgraded cable service, then I would have to agree, put 911 on speed dial for tomorrow!
:shk:

BH,
That he accepts the new table/stand as, "Hey, that's a nice stand for my birthday gifts.", is just too funny.

"Look honey, I got this nice table/stand, draped it in [whatever] ... and it makes the perfect place to display your gifts!" :shk:

there's one of us born every minute

Hat's off to ya ladies!

Well done.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Omgosh, he is on the phone with his old buddy right now bragging about his "birthday present". I can't even handle this. What is wrong with him that he thinks I would just give him upgraded cable service for his 50th?

I am starting to wonder why I spent such a bundle on his real present now.
Good thing it's scheduled for install tomorrow or I would have time to cancel it.

Edit: The scary part is the guy on the other end is actually impressed - LOLOLOL

[edit on 12/11/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Make sure you get the friends name and make him call the guy back after you give him the TV. Otherwise the friend is going to spread the word of just what kind of a cheap old bat you are

I mean, just imagine it. All his friends are going to think that for the big 5-0 he got a stupid cable upgrade.

What a tangled web we weave, when..yada, yada, yada....(OK, I don't remember how the rest of it goes)

He's going to LOVE the TV though. I know I would

Good luck with the rest of the deception my dear. I hope it works out just like you've planned it.

Love and light,

Wupy

I want to edit to say, If he gets up tomorrow and starts making excuses not to go to work, then he's on to you. Just give it up cause he already knows.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by mrwupy]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Gosh you aren't kidding Wupy! I have been embarrassed up and down the east coast by now.

Not to worry, I'm sure he will be on the phone all night bragging about this after he gets home. Oh the best part is I ordered a wireless headset - they got me a really awesome set that automatically transfers sound from the TV to the wireless the minute you put them on and the sound is fabulous. So he can watch TV with me listening to podcasts in the same area.

Anyway, I just got home and they left everything on, my computer blasting tunes, the TV on an HD full screen channel hooked up with DH's Bose speakers, and I am blown away. Okay I am seriously worried about him walking in the door or me waiting another hour & a half to see this.

I'm thinking to meet him outside and put the wireless headset on him before he walks in - this is gonna be so much fun

I might even have my audacity turned on record...........

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

PODcast: Guys and TV? (reply 2)
Happy Birthday Mr. Relentless!

length: 00:29
file: btstpod_1053.mp3
size: 232k
feed:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
THANKS Benevolent! That is so beautiful. Now if only I will be able to get him to turn off the TV long enough to listen to it - lol.

BTW MrWupy. It's one of my favorites and I have prided myself all my life for not getting trapped in it - till now

"Oh what a tangled web we weave,

When first we practice to deceive."

Edit: Oh man do I have to edit the recording - way too much swearing in it -

[edit on 12/12/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

PODcast: Guys and TV? (reply 3)
The Final Moment

length: 02:59
file: btstpod_1058.mp3
size: 2645k
feed:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

That is so cool!
Would love to hear the reaction, but I understand! There's just something about an expletive (or 30) that really captures the moment!

So glad the reveal went well!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
YEAAAAAAAAaaaa!!!!! I'm glad it went off as you planned my dear and i'm happy for DH and for you as well. This was a seriously kewl thread.

Love and light,

Wupy

top topics

join