It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS War Game 2005: Scenario 1: The Japan Sea Powder Keg Ignites

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Here is the current state of play.

The white dot signifies the current position of a fleet of 4 merchant marine vessels – they are deployed line astern – staggered by 50 km [ they are each manouvering independently ]

While they have basic weapons for self defense and highly sophisticated anti-boarding measures, they don't seem to have any weapons.

That being said, there is a large amount of crates and such covered by tarpaulin on the decks and one can only imagine what could be underneath.....

They will presently be within close proximity to the US Bonhomme Richard Strike Group. On their present course the US strike group has only two options. Move or React.

Between the shooting down of the Japanese AWACs planes, the ongoing hostage crisis from the Princess Spam incident and the intention of these Merchant Ships to try and rub the Allies up the wrong way, one can only fear that things are going to turn ugly very, very soon..........

United States Your Turn

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
hostage crisis ??????????????? , what hostage crisis ?

PLA-N commanders have no idea what this " hostage crisis " is , has some one got some `splainin to do ?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
hostage crisis ??????????????? , what hostage crisis ?

PLA-N commanders have no idea what this " hostage crisis " is , has some one got some `splainin to do ?

Despite Chinese Media claims to the contrary, saying the passengers rescued by it's and North Korea's forces after the Princess Spam disaster were simply "Guests of China and her friends".

Family members are still anxious to get in contact with their loved ones staying as "guests" in undisclosed locations throughout China and North Korea.

There has been no reaction from either the Japanese or American governments to the plight of their citzens. International media speculates that in any conflict that may arise, these "guests" may find themselves being used as Human-Shields at key locations.

The drama continues.....

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The US will deploy the KH CBG approximately 100 miles west of its current position.
The RR CBG will be re-deployed from it current position in the Yellow Sea to the straights of SK and Japan.

The US also demands that PRC Merchant Vessels allow US boarding teams to inspect their cargo, or they are to turn immediately around and head out of the Sea of Japan.
Refusal to do so will result in further measures.

Updated Map

US KH CBG will arrive a its new destination at D+2 hours.
The RR CBG will arrive at it new position at D+4 Hours.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thank you Westpoint for your usual high standard of posting in this game.

RUSSIA YOU ARE UP NEXT

Also, I need the following information.

1. Those that gave me sub positions not for public display, I need some indication of how able your craft are of detecting other submersible craft. Range and likelihood.

2. US, I need time estimations for arrival of those BGs to their intended destinations.

Stay Tuned!

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
hi , " WESTPOINT23 " wrote :

" The RR CBG will arrive at it new position at D+4 Hours. "

two points :

first - the start position for the RR battle group - WHERE THE &!*^ did that come from ????

will judges and west point , please reffer to posts :

and

for the deployment of PLA-N subs and missile batteries - these forces were sited to make USN ops in the areas untennable - and along with the naval deployment of TASK FORCE 3 they have costant monitors in that sector

the RR cannot just hide in that sector

second , the transit indicated is > 400 NM , no vessel can make that trip in 6 hours

PS - thier is the issue of ROK and japanes mine feilds to consider too - i realise that westpoint has the mine maps but princess spam thought she was safe too

can the judges look at this , and if its part of westpoints secret strategy - that they know about - rule it a legal move , and i will cease and desist

or if not - ask westpoint to explain his strategy - and if nessescary revise it to one a judge apporoves of

thanks in advance

[edit on 17-12-2005 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I'm temporarily putting a hold on the scenario, until at least one other judge is online to discuss this and how we want to handle it.

As of now the scenario is paused, Russia please hold any moves until this has been settled.

As far as the mine issue goes, The Princess Spam was struck by a breakaway mine, so the RR BG would be safe in that concern, however we are looking at the travel time/starting position, per your concerns.

[edit on 12/17/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have taken that the Ronald Regan BG plans to travel that route. They are not instantly there, I had already asked Westpoint via U2U to provide me with a likely arrival date.

So as far as this scenario is concerned, until all players have cited their intentions, they are still located where they were at the start of this round of placements. Zaphod has already given me a good estimation for an arrival time for the RR BG in the area, so if Westpoints estimates match up, this will be the time decided.

The position of all units will be updated at the end of each round.

A map of the updated positions will be provided.

If the forces with missile batteries and aircraft wish to something about the RR BG moving along their coast, they can state as much when their turn comes around.

I am trying to work it in manageable time units, the first point of conflict will arise on the next round as the Chinese Merchant Ships are on top of the Bonhomme Richard Strike Force as of the end of this round.

I don't feel there is any need to keep things paused anymore, Russia, please post your intentions for this round.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Forgot About Us?

Part Two Coming Up...

Sorry Guys - just could not Resist.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

All but coastal patrol boats are in their respective harbors in and around Inchon. For all of you who dont know where that is, note the new dot.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
To all you have provided the requested data, THANK YOU!

S. Korea and UK forces will be added to the next map.

An updated map will be posted soon detailing the current positions of all player assets.

However, I still request the following:

1. Relevant (if any) North Korean Forces

2. Russian Moves

3. Japanese Moves

4. Chinese Sub Data (I have positions, I need detection range, etc.)

5. ETA RR BG POD

This round can and will end in 24hrs with or without the requested data.

Failure to post moves by Russia and Japan may result in an unfortunate and unforeseen series of events occuring to their respective countries and forces.

China and US please note, the Chinese Merchant Man Situation will have to be resolved in the next round. US has demanded boarding rights and the Chinese have yet to reply.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
[ declaration of intent ]

PRC will view any interference with her mechant marine fleet as acts of piracy , and act accordingly

[ piracy is a capital offence in PRC ]

the vessels are all registered with lloyds , have correct manifests etc - all desinations are in NK / TFR

PRC claims " right of passage " for its vessels and advises USA that they cannot cherry pick which sections of international law and UN agreements they with to adhere to today , and volte face tommorow

as PRC tha already stated if USA breaks one rule - PRC will burn the rule book - that IS a threat

have a nice day , like rice with that ?

PS - doggy - the requested engagement ranges , sensor depths and ROE are being researched , as we speak

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Updated Map

Due to the refusal from the PRC the US will deploy 5 F-15C Eagles from Sasebo AFB Japan, and 4 F/A-18 Hornets from the KH CVN to fly over a pre determined patrol sector. US SSN’s in patrol in The Sea Of Japan have been released to shadow any foreign vessels in the area. The PRC Merchant Vessels will be sunk as soon as they are acquired by US fighters that have just been deployed.

All US naval forces in the Sea of Japan have been placed at DefCon 2. US fighters from the RR and KH have been launched and are now flying CAP missions around each carrier. US E-2, P-3, and E-3 aircraft have also been launched to provide support to US fighters and ships. SH-60 Seahawk helos have been launched to perform anti-sub missions.

The 51st and 41st Fighter Wing has also been launched to provide support into the Sea Of Japan (Number 2 on the Map). The 51st Fighter Wing consists of 3 F-15C Fighter Squadrons, and the 4th Fighter Wing consists of two 2 F-16 Fighter Squadrons.

The 1st Marine Aircraft Wing has also been launched (Number 5 on the Map). 2 Squadrons of F/A-18 Super Hornets have been launched from the Wing.

One squadron of F/A-18 Hornets will be launched from Carrie Air Wing 5 which is stationed at Atsugi NAF (Number 6 on the Map).

The 35th Fighter Wing which consists of 2 F-15C Squadrons has also been launched. (Number 10 on the Map).

F/A-18 Weapons Load

2 x AGM-84 Harpoon
4 x AIM-120 AMRAAM

F-15 Weapons Load

2 x AIM-9 Sidewinder
4 x AIM-120 AMRAAM

F-16 Weapons Load

2 x AIM-9 SideWinder
4 x AIM-9 AMRAAM

Oh yeah, Check

UPDATE

All PRC Merchant Vessels have been sunk by US F/A-18 fighters. The US will rescue any survivors and detain them for questioning.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
TYPHOON ZEDDICUS MAKES LANDFALL

The Record Breaking Typhoon Zeddicus makes unprecedented landfall right on top of Tokyo. The rain and flooding has the normally efficent Japanese Rescue services reeling and unable to cope due to the recent regional strains.

The east coast of Japan stretching from Sendai in the North to Kyoto in the south is in chaos. Added to this, an unprecedented number of magnitude 6 earthquakes have rocked the country from North to South.

All Japanese Forces have been recalled to help with the rescue efforts.

JAPAN WILL NO LONGER PARTICIPATE IN THIS SCENARIO

Japan and it's airspace is off limits to invasion.

Only US Airbases outside the East Coast may be used for the rest of this scenario.

Japanese Harbours remain mined and well defended.

JAPAN WILL NO LONGER PARTICIPATE IN THIS SCENARIO

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
TSUNAMI STRIKE RUSSIAN EAST COAST

Due to the increased earthquake activity in Japan, at 06:30 this morning a massive earthquake, triggered a tsunami which then devestated the unprepared Russian East Coast.

The Russian Pacific Fleet has been recalled to help in the rescue efforts.

RUSSIA WILL NO LONGER PARTICIPATE IN THIS SCENARIO

Russia and it's airspace remains off limits, all russian assets in the area are recalled and no longer available to play.

RUSSIA WILL NO LONGER PARTICIPATE IN THIS SCENARIO

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
UPDATE

All PRC Merchant Vessels have been sunk by US F/A-18 fighters. The US will rescue any survivors and detain them for questioning.

The PRC Merchant Vessels were unarmed and priliminary analysis of the wreckage indicates that nothing more than toilet seats and crates of spectaculary flammable American Flags for the Middle Eastern market were under those tarpaulins.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
TYPHOON ZEDDICUS MAKES LANDFALL

The Record Breaking Typhoon Zeddicus makes unprecedented landfall right on top of Tokyo. The rain and flooding has the normally efficent Japanese Rescue services reeling and unable to cope due to the recent regional strains.

MY WILL BE DONE!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

UPDATE

China you are up. Please respond to this situation.

UK be ready to act in this round.

Russia if you want back in get in touch with me via U2U.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
PRC condems USN acts of picacy and barbarity - in sinking without provokation peacefull merchan marine craft

PRC is tabling motions of censure in the UN the security coiuncil and the ICC

US diplomats have 24 hours to vacate beijing - the saftey of US pasport holdewrs who stay after the deadline cannot be assured

US assets in china - nike factories etc - are being sized - and natinalised [ to a value of 350% of the sunck vessels , plus $1 million / crewman lost ]

lastly , on the personal orders of admiral ape - all so called hostages will be marshalled under the command of crack naval infantry troops and CT personell [ they will rescue them by force if thats what it takes ] - of unquestioned loyalty - and they are to be loaded onto planes from eurpean carriers - to fly " safe " routes to the west - they wilol be escoreted by PLA-N aircraft - with orders to defend them from any attacks

i dunno who came up with that brain wave - but the PLA-N will not stad for such acts

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The UK requests that the PRC allow the HMS Southampton evacuate the US embassy, the UK requests that its diplomats be allowed to stay but the UK will not , we repeat, will not force the issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join