It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Pyror Is Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It has just broke that comedian Richard Pryor has died. As of right now there are no details or articles on line.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by JediMaster]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
How sad....I wish he could have spent one more Christmas and new year with his family.

65 years old is far too young....

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is terrible news. Richard pryor was the benchmark of stand-up comedy.Multiple sclerosis is a horrifying disease, at least his pain is at an end.
Richard Pryor

[edit on 10-12-2005 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I guess he died of a heart attack. Sucks, he made some hilarious comedy.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Unfortunatly I never heard of the guy, but it's a pitty none the less.

My wife suffers from Mulitple Sclerosis, but on men MS usually hits harder.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is sad, he paved the way for the likes of Eddie Murphy and the works he did. Chris Rock as well. None of these guys would be telling the jokes they are if it was not for Pryor.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yeah Pyror is a comedic legend. Why are all the legends messed up in one way or another?

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have been a fan of R. Pryors for what seems like ages now. And I hope this doesn't come off as being mean spirited but considering all of the things that has happened in his life, he was lucky to live to the age of 65.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

but considering all of the things that has happened in his life, he was lucky to live to the age of 65.

Umm yeah have you ever seen the size of the lines he did? It's like something out of Chich and Chong. :shk: I guess he wouldn't have been nearly as popular had he been straight though.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I remember when he caught himself on fire. There for awhile it was not for certain he was going to survive that. His live routine that he used to do on that event was nothing short of hilarious. He was always funiest when poking fun at himself, or at least to me it was.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
He ran 3 straight miles as his nylon shirt was burning and sticking to his skin, they say that had he just sat there he would probably have died of shock. Freaking out like a maniac probably saved his life in that one instance.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The Good Lord must be yukin it up by now.

Heaven will be great to be able to hang with the likes of Pryor, Candy, Jonathon Winters and Belushi.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
First Best now Pryor, if it gets any better up there this month I'll be booking myself a ticket to heaven.

At least he's not suffering now, R.I.P Rich

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Didn’t matter if you were black or white…Pryor could make everyone laugh so hard they’d all turn purple…

I was shocked to learn about 5 years ago that he was still alive, given his abusive lifestyle…The manner in which he continued to exist all those years under the torment of multiple sclerosis was such a devastating thing to watch…

He left this world with the most legendary status in comedy history – He’s number one on everybody’s list for damned good reasons – And there he’ll remain, as I doubt the day we’ll ever see his equal….RIP

Now…The only question I have is – How long will it take until they approach Denzel Washington about doing a bio film?

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A sad day to be sure, but I have to laugh a little, as I don't think I am the only one here ( or at least hope not), that remembers hiding his ALBUM'S!!! so my parents wouldn't find them!!

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The Good Lord must be yukin it up by now.

Heaven will be great to be able to hang with the likes of Pryor, Candy, Jonathon Winters and Belushi.

bingo. then we will actually get to die laughing.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Its truly a sad day.

The man was a comic Genuis who suffered so much in his personal life, from being a molested child raised in a house of prostitution, to a drug addict, to a burn victim, to a MS suffer.

May you find some peace, and have some of the happiness you brought others returned to you.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Unfortunatly I never heard of the guy...

Wow GrOuNd_ZeRo. Go get hold of some of his material and you'll be in for a treat. He was great, it is a great loss.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
For those that can recall his early antics, this man was truly a pioneer in stand-up comedy.

In your face, here we go, like it or not COMEDY!

In my opinion, he brought about a new era in stand-up.

So many of his performances addressed REAL issues, but at a common-man, everyday level that truly connected with the audience. Like it or not, all profanity aside, he brought it to you.

As much as I enjoyed, admired, and reveled in his abilities as a stand-up comic; his on-screen presence and versatility were second to none.

The movies such as "Car Wash" and "Which Way Is Up?", where he played multiple roles, were the best.

Hat's Off Richard Pryor!

:shk:
You will be missed!

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I've taken the liberty of throwing together some links regarding the life and death of Richard Pryor. It would seem as there are some people on here who have no idea who he was... and that's not surprising, given that his "prime" was a long time ago. That being said, his material is worth checking out. He was ranked the #1 Comedian of all time on Comedy Central a few months ago. Someone already mentioned it, but it bares repeating, he certainly paved the way for many of the comedians today... Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy. Which by the way, yes, Eddie Murphy was at one time a stand up comedian. Not just a guy who picks up strange hitchhikers... For those of you that have never heard of it... check out Eddie Murphy: Delirious sometime. It's one of the funniest stand up routines I've ever heard.

RICHARD PRYOR LINKS

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.comingsoon.net...

www.cnn.com...

www.richardpryor.com...

www.imdb.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join