It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace in the Future?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I have read here on ATS that some of the members have freinds who are from the muslim world, and that they say the youths really don't want to get involved in war. I've heard that it's mostly the crazy old people in control that are into the annihilation of whole people based on religious belief.

So my question is, once these older views are put to rest by the death of the crazy old people in control, will it be possible that the Earth's younger generation might actually get along, after they see how stupid all this bickering is? Is peace in our near future?

I hope so.

What do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
One would hope so, but there will always be the people who grow up not knowing anything other than what the "warmongering" granddad taught. Once people get a taste of power, they want more, and more and so on... I don't think that your question will be resolved that way, especially if it hasn't since we've been making philosophy...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Shaker

I see your point. So basically, no matter how peaceful a civilization is, there is always someone who will want to run things, or would like something more or different than what is already there...Although that's a grim outlook of the human future, I suppose it is the truth.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 8/12/2005 by FallenOne]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenOne
Shaker

I see your point. So basically, no matter how peaceful a civilization is, there is always someone who will want to run things, or would like something more or different than what is already there...Although that's a grim outlook of the human future, I suppose it is the truth.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 8/12/2005 by FallenOne]

It may be a grim outlook, but anyone can always make the best of things. As long as people pay attention to what's going on in the government and doesn't let these people have too much power, it's not as grim...

It's late and I probably don't make much sense in this post.... Ah well..

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I can see that...

Kinda like how the Ancient Iclanders had huge gatherings where every citizen got to vote for a law or trial and stuff. I don't think that would work in such a large society however. Maybe we should all seperate, and live in smaller communities. That way it is easier to govern (in my opinion I suppose). Would infrastructure survive though? Hmmm...

Anyway, back on topic. Do you see peace trying to come through the masses, but the high 'elites' squashing it?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
There will be war.....

Because of 2 factors, in relation to the discussion.
1. People change opinions over time and age.
2. There will always be "leaders", who have the ability to lead everyone else to whatever they think is right...such as war.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
There will be war.....

Because of 2 factors, in relation to the discussion.
1. People change opinions over time and age.
2. There will always be "leaders", who have the ability to lead everyone else to whatever they think is right...such as war.

Stupid Humans...I want off!

haha. Just kidding. But seriously. Maybe we need an invasion of sorts to pull us together?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenOne
I have read here on ATS that some of the members have freinds who are from the muslim world, and that they say the youths really don't want to get involved in war. I've heard that it's mostly the crazy old people in control that are into the annihilation of whole people based on religious belief.

So my question is, once these older views are put to rest by the death of the crazy old people in control, will it be possible that the Earth's younger generation might actually get along, after they see how stupid all this bickering is? Is peace in our near future?

I hope so.

What do you guys think?

No. While I understand that that terrorists are a minority in the Muslim community; I have to worry about those motivated by sexual agendas in the after life.

Sorry; I'm telling my children to shoot to kill.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by crisko]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
As long as war makes men wealthy, there can be no peace. Some pitiful excuse will always be made to go to war in the name of profiteering.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You're right heelstone; the US was wrong in removing a valuable world leader such as Saddam.

Thank you for your insight; it has proven my college education to be a waste of assests.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
You're right heelstone; the US was wrong in removing a valuable world leader such as Saddam.

-------

No. While I understand that that terrorists are a minority in the Muslim community; I have to worry about those motivated by sexual agendas in the after life.

would you agree that it was also wrong for the US & UK to have sold him the chemicals in the first place which were later used to gas people? should we not be removing those who are making a profit out of those dangerous chemicals? or how about removing a dangerous world leader who starts wars on false information.

if you ever get the chance, see a film called Salà (the 120 days of sodom) by Pier Paolo Pasolini which might make you think a lot about those motivated by sexual agendas in THIS life and where that can lead to. (bohemian grove anyone??)

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

-------

would you agree that it was also wrong for the US & UK to have sold him the chemicals in the first place

Against Russia backed Iran? No, it was not wrong. Where Saddam screwed the pooch wss invading Kuwait.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

[Where Saddam screwed the pooch wss invading Kuwait.

so tell me... why was he not captured and tried for his crimes then?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

[Where Saddam screwed the pooch wss invading Kuwait.

so tell me... why was he not captured and tried for his crimes then?

Ummm; he has been captured, and he is being tried for his crimes.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Thank you for your insight; it has proven my college education to be a waste of assests.

I didn't mention any particular war in my post as you'll note. Nor any leader of a nation.

Though if the subject is to change to Iraq, I am of the opinion that Iraqis were better off before 2003. They had already been through two devastating wars over the last twenty years and were suffering horribly under crushing sanctions. Then they went through a third war, quite unnecessarily, and now there isn't even a hint of peace in the country. These people sincerely need to be left alone to heal and its not going to happen.

I guess since you mentioned your college education I should post an opinion on it. My opinion is that I don't care one way or another what you know or think you know. The violence engulfing Iraq now did not exist prior to the USA coalition attack upon the country.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

im referring to the gulf war after he invaded kuwait when all his crimes were known about. why didnt they catch him then?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Have you been to Iraq? Do you even know why there is an insurgency? It's not because they want Saddam in power, they are in the middle of a civil war.

As far as suffering; thank the leader? Sanctions, thank the leader?

There is a big chance of peace, people like you playing armchair general need to think back and remember that you were the reason thousands Died for nothing in Vietnam.

Do I think we need to pull out? Yes. Immediately? No.

Untill you've fought in a war (I've been through two) you really need to keep your opinion to yourself as I dont think you deserve one.

Better off in 2003? I want what your smoking, tell that to the troops.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Have you been to Iraq? Do you even know why there is an insurgency? It's not because they want Saddam in power, they are in the middle of a civil war.

There is a big chance of peace, people like you playing armchair general need to think back and remember that you were the reason thousands Died for nothing in Vietnam.

Do I think we need to pull out? Yes. Immediately? No.

Untill you've fought in a war (I've been through two) you really need to keep your opinion to yourself as I dont think you deserve one.

could you answer my question please

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

im referring to the gulf war after he invaded kuwait when all his crimes were known about. why didnt they catch him then?

At that time the USSR was collapsing, all we could afford was air power.

Alot of you say the U.S. cant fight more wars because of Iraq; 90% of the Navy's war assests are currently idle, the Air Force is currently relegated to support operations.

We could take out Syria and Iran at the same time and still counter China.

Take it to the bank.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I think this much is clear from the reports that do manage to leak out of the country.

How did Saddam Hussein put sanctions upon his own country? The nations who placed them upon Iraq could have lifted them at any time without requiring another war.

People who have no position of authority or on policy making are to blame for the military policies of a nation? You have everything mixed up in your head.

I'm sorry. I don't kill people. So you'll just have to discount me.

The troops have proven themselves to be strict followers of authority no matter what situation they find themselves placed in. Having no authority my words would fall upon their deaf ears.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join