It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KKKwanzaa

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Plus, Skadi there's the fact that the two dominant religions in Africa are Islam and Christianity.

It is entirely probably that if she is seeking to "return to the worship her ancestors practiced" that she is looking at one of these two.

Particularly in East Africa, Christianity goes back almost to the death of Christ.

Ethiopia is generally seen as the first nation on earth to have embrace Chrsitianity. They have also hand a large indigenous population of Jews.

If she's seeking animistic religions, those vary across the face of subsaharan Africa, but include the ancestors of Voudun and Santeria, as well as purely local practices that vary from village to village.

It's sort of sad to see a person grasping for the big picture of their place in the universe, when they begin peering into history and archaeology, when along comes some racist and fills their heads with a bunch of bull that keeps them from asking real questions.

Now I'm thinking of the "Christian Identity" and "white pride" movements in the early 1990's among midwestern caucasians.

Ever since hitler, "ethnic origins" has been a fertile feels for all kinds of fascist/racists.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I just got an ad for the U.S. Postal Service in the mail (of course). And it contained Kwanzaa stamps! I can't believe how blind people are to the wrongs of an out-of-control PC culture we are living in.

Link to outrage!

-- Boat

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Boatphone]

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graystar
today I was informed that My five year old little girl will be takeng part in a holiday show put on by the three kindergarten class at her school. I nearly flipped out when I heard that she would have to learn two kwanzaa songs and the word imani "faith in man".

So where do I star. How about with the letter that I am sending to school tommorow!!

December 11, 2005

Dear Mrs. Shields,

Today we were informed of an upcoming celebration event in which Kayla would be required to learn a few songs and a word relating to the “African” holiday Kwanzaa. I have placed the word African in quotes because it is in fact not an African festival but an American made one as stated by its creator Ron Everett a.k.a. Dr. Maulana Karenga.

Enclosed you will find factual information regarding Kwanzaa’s origins and definitions of popular “holiday words.” Most notable is the information with respect to the good doctors 10 year prison sentence for torturing two black females in the ‘70’s.

We consider ourselves very tolerant and caring parents. But, in this instance, we cannot simply stand by and watch a softer more politically correct version of a very racially hateful and divisive, so called festival, be perpetrated on a group of very accepting and absorbent five year olds.

We have no problem with Kayla learning about other cultures at all, so long as it’s factual. This “festival” however, has little or nothing at all to do with African culture and more with racial separation and the hatred of Jews and whites as noted in Dr Karenga’s book Kawaida Theory.

If the truth was known about Kwanzaa we are sure you would receive more requests like this from other caring parents. We therefore respectfully ask you to opt Kayla out of any participation in the preparation of any Kwanzaa celebration, as it will only provide an unreal and distorted version of its true meaning. We do not tolerate people who use derogatory names to describe black people nor will we tolerate Karenga’s prostitution of this reversed racism and hateful holiday upon us or our children.

We look forward to discussing this further with you at the conference. At this time we have not received that appointment date.

Kind Regards,

Cc: Principal Todd Green

And there you Have it folks. Let the chips fall where they may even if its on me. the clay has hardened into steel now. I for one would rather die a terrible death than to live in this alter reality that people are trying to create where we substitue lies for truth. These are truely the days when people call good evil and evil good. All on board say, "I"

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Graystar]

Thread Update 12/26/2022

FWIW...the Vice President of the United States of America endorses celebrating the Kwanzaa holiday period.

Source: twitter.com...

<< 1  2   >>

join