It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential cars of the future

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I started a thread about flying cars some time ago, but now I'd like to examine some cars of the future, which may not fly.

We often here about new technology in cars, but just how far will this technology take us? Cars are improving very quickly, as companies try to impress customers with gadgets and modifications. Who ever imagined we would have flat screen televisions in our cars, or GPS systems at our fingertips. Our cars are actually talking to us now, telling us directions, music selections, etc...

What can we expect to see a 10,20,30 years from now? There are so many amazing options today, the future must hold some pretty interesting tech. in our vehicles.

Here is just one example of a car that may come MUCH later in life...

crnano.typepad.com...

I would like a nice Bose system on this thing

[edit on 7-12-2005 by nonpoint]

[edit on 7-12-2005 by nonpoint]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Does anyone have some suggestions on what they think will happen to cars? There is so much potential, I believe.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Honestly? I think within our lifetimes Cars will be made obsolete in favor of other transportation methods.

I particularly think that Teleportation is a LOT easier than they think it is, they are just trying to tackle it in the completely wrong manner.... rather than trying to entangle every particle in a living organism, I think what they really need to figure out how to do is entangle a PORTAL like a Doorway or some such with two places in space.

I don't get why this isn't even a concept being considered, as it is likely to be far easier to accomplish than entangling every bacterium and living cell in the human body or whatever is being transported....

Anyways... back on the topic of CARS... I do have a small complaint concerning concept cars, which are usually the cars at car shows which have the cutting edge technology and interesting designs... why is it that every car, truck, and what have you looks some approximation of similar to older cars? The Concept cars are never put into production, just components of them.

End Rant.

Hmm... Cars in the future... Well, I for one think that driving will be expedited to a computing algorithm, so you won't have to drive your own car... it will do a 97% job of manuevering to avoid crashes and won't speed or break laws (Unless you are handling things manually). With the advent of driverless cars, I also think the cars will be designed to be a more casual atmosphere, where the drivers and front-passenger seating will pivot so that you can interact with people in the back of the car while the auto-driver navigates to your destination.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
ok, until they come up with and engine design that can lift something of the ground and let it hover with minimal or no power, i dont think flying cars are viable.

first problem is fuel consumption. if the car needs alot of fuel or some exotic fuel, its not practical for everyone, MAYBE public transportation, but it will cost a pretty penny.

second is malfunctions. car breaks down? no problem, at worst you stuck in the middle of the road broken down. flying car? say bye bye. a hurling ball of fiery death awaits you for not maintaining or engine or forgetting to fill up the tank.

my car right now is dangerous enough (and i think wants me dead) i dont need to worry about how hard im hitting the ground too

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The car of the 21st century will be something like this.

It will have true smart "wheels" that aren't really wheels at all, but really just telescoping spokes with treads that gain traction through Van Der Waals forces rather then friction, the upside of such a system would be that you would never ever lose control on any surface, the telescoping feature will make the vehicle more all terrain then a Hummer and with advanced enough nearly frictionless bearing technology will be very efficient as well. Under the hood, I see an All Fuel Plug-in Hybrid vehicle bridging the gap towards fully electric vehicles. Drive by wire technology will finally reach the mass car market in the next 10 years. Heads up display with an focus range of 20m so the driver wont have to shift focus when checking speed, rpm, mpg or fuel left. They already have such systems for Bikes and it's not much of a stretch to have it standard in 5 years, it will just remove one less distraction(shifting focal points). Maybe even making it capable of changing stations or other things like the news that onlys works when the car is fully stopped(eg In a traffic jam) allthoguh that may prove to "hackable" and may not be a wise feature.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrystalSword

I particularly think that Teleportation is a LOT easier than they think it is, they are just trying to tackle it in the completely wrong manner.... rather than trying to entangle every particle in a living organism, I think what they really need to figure out how to do is entangle a PORTAL like a Doorway or some such with two places in space.

I don't get why this isn't even a concept being considered, as it is likely to be far easier to accomplish than entangling every bacterium and living cell in the human body or whatever is being transported....

So what are you doing to correct this error?

GPS systems are obsolete in cars. It is only a matter of time before cell phones are equiped with GPS as well as capable of recieving music from satellite with a personalized set playlist. You may soon be able to open, start and shut off your car with your self phone. Roll down windows, turn on lights, windshield wipers, or install other programs via a cellphone into the car.

Cellphones are the future of car technology.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If they don't get banned from even being turned on in the car that is
I know my city is considering such restrictions.

I personally think the cells days are numbered but that's a different thread

[edit on 8-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well, I think the cars of the future, will have fully integrated computer systems, so like you could do stuff in your car, like you would at home on your computer. I think that using GPS, and downloadable maps, cars will have the abilitie to drive you partially. I think that cars will start to use alternative energy sources more and more. I think cars will become smaller, and use less energy.

The liust could go on, but I'm tired of typing.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I want a jet pack ! they had those things in the 60's, I want one !

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
True, they did have them, but because of fuel problems, they could only fly for 30 seconds before they needed refueling.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I doubt cars will ever be made obsolete, the only efficent flying cars would be hovercraft or some sort of anti-gravity concept, which on the gravity manipulation side is beyond us. Having thousands of flying cars everywere is really hazadous if anything ever went wrong and no matter how complex the technology that just isnt practical, you ever thought of the other problem? there would be loads of skunks, racoons, badgers, squirrels and other 4 legged car lovers, road kill would turn into birds, then if your standing below traffic - heads up.

What your saying is possible in the form of "ripping" a hole in space time and using a method of either navigation, or brining two portals together.. sure its theoretically possible, but. Using a star trek style computer to dis-assemble every atom, store it digitally and then re-assemble every atom... just aint going to happen.

Vorta

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm not really worried about what cars are going to be like in the future, I'm more concerned what fuel are they going to run on when fossil fuel like oil runs out and its near to an end. Car manafacturers should be working more on different types of fuel engines rather than a computer controlled car. As for teleportation, it's just a sci fi dream at the moment and could take centurys before that happens.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A drive-by-wire hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicle would be my guess. Although i'm not a big a fan out tat method. I would just prefer we put batteries in cars, ones that can hold a big charge, yet can be charged up in under a minute. Wont have to worry about if your car will turn over...since all you do is hit a button and its on, fossil fuels and emissions becomes a thing of the past.
They dont yet sell cars that can drive you...but I think we will have them with in a decade, or 2020 at the latest.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I wouldnt worry too much about fossil fuels running out. Exxon and friends are making us believe we will face a shortage, however I along with many other people believe this will not be the case. Eventually we will move to more efficient gas cars, but I still believe fossil fuels will be a large part of the future. There is way too much money being invested and filling pockets now.

Check out this article about Fossil Fuels... www.worldnetdaily.com...

Also read some of the other articles from Jerome Corsi, he brings up a lot of interesting facts.

I hope that in the future my car will be able to get 40 or 50 mpg. Right now we have hybrid cars that can get that, but I'm hoping it will be a standard in the future.

The security of cars will also increase in the future, I believe. It's getting harder and harder to break into cars without being noticed, or getting caught. I think that OnStar type systems will be taken to a whole new level aand soon.

We are already seeing so many advances in car technology today (Hands free calling, heated washer fluid, rear view cameras) the future must hold ssome tremendous inventions. I do believe that driving will become obsolete. Supercomputers will be installed with the ability to take us anywhere.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by nonpoint]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hydrogen Fuel cells seems to be the answer. The only thing that is lacking is political willingness to develop it. The technology is not that difficult to develop and the fact that its only residue is pure water is incredible. I think the drive by wire tech will come along with hydrogen along with composite materials.

I think the look of the car wont change much, that means no joystick or exotic driving mechanisms so that people wouldn't freak out

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by carcharodon
I think the drive by wire tech will come along with hydrogen along with composite materials.

Why would composites become more standard?

Just because some race cars use it, and very exotic cars like the Ferrari Enzo, doesn't mean its the future. It will be metals for a long time...because of the fact the bend...and during a crash their bending dissapates the energy, while composites just snap.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Thats pretty much a Wormhole and its a concept considered atleast theoretically possible by many Physicists now. But most tend to agree to make even a modest sized wormhole say 1 Meter would require massive amounts of energy, Think on the order of the energy the sun produces in its lifetime.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Which is why you try to create entangled bonds on the small scale and then just scale it up, rather than doing it all at once. The energy required to build the pyramids is HOW much? Calculate it in Ergs.

If you try doing ANYTHING significant "All at once", it is going to take tremendous energy. Now, you spread that energy out... or you work up towards that kind of entangled doorway.

that's what I am thinking, anyways.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I think that using GPS, and downloadable maps, cars will have the abilitie to drive you partially.

That is my thought as well.

I actually had a friend who was trying to develop such a system, but problems arose in funding (isn't that always the case) and also getting GPS systems accurate enough to really make it automated. In addition, such a system only works if EVERY vehicle has them, which is a HUGE hurtle.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

If they don't get banned from even being turned on in the car that is
I know my city is considering such restrictions.

I personally think the cells days are numbered but that's a different thread

[edit on 8-12-2005 by sardion2000]

LOL, what are you talking about? Where in the OP was it said, potential cars of the future for all countries? Please, maybe you won't have the luxury of having such cellphones in Nazi Germany but at least the rest of the world will enjoy them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join