It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New black budget project?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
has anyone heard any new info on this ellusive craft which is the next big black budget project. There are rumours that it has the ability to bend light around itself which reders the craft invisible or at least it blends into the the background of the sky.

Your thoughts

mod edit, spelling of budget in title

[edit on 7-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sounds like a neat idea, btw wasnt there some project on creating holographic images on a large scale back in the 70's or 80s...

just prjoect images of clouds below the plane, if this works that good, dunno if the project was shut down or dissapeared below the radar (:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The Philadelphia Experiment supposedley used Einsteins theory of Unified Fields to bend light around it itself rendering the USS Eldridge invisible. The project (Code-named Project Rainbow) was shut down sometime in the 40's possibly '42 after the crew of the ship became fused with it and started dissapearing into thin air once the generators were switched off. The ship involved (USS Eldridge) was transfered to the Greek Navy in the 50's and renamed the Leon. Its last known location was a harbour in Piraeus I think. Anyway this new craft could be a 2nd generation version of the Philadelphia Experiment.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
there has been a ton of talk on ats as well as different television programs regarding aurora. Sightings have been seen all over the mid west.
users.cihost.com...

i think it will have the ability to travel in and out of our atmosphere with any problems. They could even be the so called U.S. space fleet.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Im not sure about bending light, but i have seen some technology on tv where if a certain fabric and color was put on someone, and some light/camera techniques were used you could easily see right thru them. Not sure if this is the sam stuff though. Any pictures floating around??

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Optical disruption with spectral refraction modification

ie. the craft absorbs all optical wavelengths of light, by means of a special surface construction the absorbed light gets modified by some means of energy modulation and the "escaping" light waves then carry the new emitted energy input.

laymans, your eye can no longer "see" the object as what it is and is tricked into seeing the new modified light wavelength that is being bounced off the craft.

A human's eye only see the reflected wavelength of an object, if you can take the source of illumination, in this case the sun and ambient energy radiation in the atmosphere and you can quantify the intensity and have a means to affect the entire exposed surface then you can "adjust" the return signature of the illuminating energy. Say to a bright blue or pale yellow or firey red or any other color in the visable spectrum. It would not require a complex set of codes as something similar to a Transformer takes all input wavelengths and modifies them to a set output.

You could change it to blue and then if you were in cloud over you could change it to white.

The human eye and brain whos optical array can "see" on other levels besides visual specturm had difficulty matching the background enviroment with what one sensory component sees and translates to the brain vs what another component sees. The resulting image that the brain then decodes gets awash with background imagery, making the now virtually invisable craft disappear from human recognition.

This is why sometimes they are on radar but no visual confirmation, recently people are reporting something flying overhead that looks like a black hole. And other report just a glowing orb like object...

There you have it, active visual manipulation of the light/illumination spectrum

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
wouldnt suprise me if they had these new crafts built with this technology. This technology exsists for sure, i read in a magazine a few months ago that a japenese company were making jackets that could bend light around itself therefore making them transparent. SO if you worn one of these things u would probablty look like a ghost or sumthing lol

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I believe what you're referring to, is the Aurora, & it has pulse jets for engines. Do a Yahoo search on it. =)

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Im gonna buy a Predator suit and get it upgraded with this technology :cool that would kick ass.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishmaster
there has been a ton of talk on ats as well as different television programs regarding aurora. Sightings have been seen all over the mid west.
users.cihost.com...

i think it will have the ability to travel in and out of our atmosphere with any problems. They could even be the so called U.S. space fleet.

This was already found out at the top.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishmaster
has anyone heard any new info on this ellusive craft which is the next big black budget project. There are rumours that it has the ability to bend light around itself which reders the craft invisible or at least it blends into the the background of the sky.

Your thoughts

There is a development of a new material called retro-reflectum.

"This technology can be used in all kinds of ways, but I wanted to create a vision of invisibility," he told BBC World Service's Outlook programme.
"My short-term goal would be, for example, to make a room that has no outside windows appear to have a view to the outside, then the wall would appear to be invisible."

Inventor plans 'invisible walls'
The Invisable Cloak
optical camouflage

Maybe this could be the same technology there now using in the new black budget project's?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Wasn't Boeing's "Bird of Prey" a technology demonstrator for this technology?

I wonder if they could do a helicopter somehow? a low observable helo would probably be pretty useful to the military and even the police

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
LOL, ever since Predator 2 people talk about 'bending light' as if it's a realistic prospect.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jef Costello
LOL, ever since Predator 2 people talk about 'bending light' as if it's a realistic prospect.

Have you read any of the posts?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jef Costello

If you read any of the posts you would realize that #1 no one is "bending" light but rather retro-reflecting it and #2 It has already been done!! its not some crazy off the wall pipe dream, but a reality! It's been worked on since the late 70's long before the first predator even came out

Don't believe me? Take a look at this link

projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp...

This is a good diagram that shows how the technology works

Here's a good writeup on wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

And to top it off the Bird of Prey which is very real is rummored to use similair technology, and who the hell knows what is being tested in secrecy now

"Development of the Bird of Prey began in 1992 by then-McDonnell Douglas' Phantom Works division for special projects. Phantom Works is now a part of Boeing Integrated Defense Systems. The aircraft's name is a reference to the Bird of Prey spacecraft from the Star Trek television series.

The first flight was in 1996, and 39 more were performed through the program's conclusion in 1999. The Bird of Prey is rumored to have been used to test active camouflage, which would involve coatings or panels capable of changing color or luminosity.

While these are unlikely rumors, the Bird of Prey was key in the development of a new kind of low-visibility camouflage. Areas that are usually lit most brightly (such as the horizontal flat surfaces over the wings and the top of the fuselage) were painted more darkly, and areas that are usually not quite as bright (such as the sides of the fuselage and other more vertical surfaces) were painted a lighter shade of gray. This reduced the overall contrast of the aircraft, making the whole shape appear to be one relatively even shade of gray. This made the Bird of Prey's features hard to make out, and made it harder to see against the sky. These low-visibility ideas are currently in use in the F-22.

Source

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I wonder how that suit works? Like somthing off the movie 'Predator'. Is there any such thing as 3-D camo that changes colour/patterns when you look at it at different points?

And about the Boeing bird of prey, was that used for this same type of camo?, well i heard it was used for testing daylight stealth.

new topics

top topics

join