It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallica Camaro on Ebay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
James Hetfield is selling the 67 Camaro he drove in the music video for "I Disappear". It was at $23000 at 9 central this morning...so far $120000. How high will it go?

cgi.ebay.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If I had that much money.......I wouldn't buy it

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Did he own it or just drive it? If he just drove it then big deal. If he owned it then so what?

Just try and get that person to pay the $120,000!

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
its a nice car if i had the money id buy it

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
he is trying to fill up the hole in his wallet that napster and the rest of the evil sharing programs did!

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yeah I feel for this guy too man!

He is as ugly as a butt faced monkey but bagged some of the hottest babes around in the past 5 years,

he is no scholar, yet people hang off his tongue like there are words made of gold coming out,

he is probably going to use the money from the camaro to buy a platinum plated snow board to round out his collection.

Man tough life but hey someone has to make an example!

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If you took the time to read the listing, you would have caught this:

This 1967 Camaro was used in Metallica�s �I Disappear� video from the Mission Impossible 2 movie soundtrack. Lead singer James Hetfield drives the car during the filming and was given the car as a gift upon completion of the video shoot. James has owned and driven the car for the last 3 years. He has spent a considerable amount of time and effort to repair, restore, and maintain this vintage Chevy. Revenue from the sale of the car will be donated to music programs in schools. Winning bidder will also receive 3 (three) 8x10 photographs from the video shoot signed by James Hetfield.

Not that I'm defending the guy......anyway, the price has dropped to about $70000 now. Ebay cancelled a bunch of bids, and now you have to be "pre-approved" to bid on it.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sounds ligit. Pretty cool history on the car. My 79 firebird could roach that chevy though! It has a suped up 400, and has raced on Michigans Thunderbird Raceway before I bought it.

If I had $70,000 to drop on a collectible a car would be my first choice. Of course I love muscle cars so hey..

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Nobody here is into cars enough to notice the square tube roll cage?

Not to mention the fact that it runs under the steering wheel right in front of the driver's and passenger's knees?
If you were in a bad accident in that car, chances are that you would never walk again.

top topics

join