It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Designations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I have a question for anyone who can help me, there are many anomalous designations of US aircraft, they are far and wide, but my question is more specific. Why did the US start certain sequences again from Scratch?

The numbering scheme was started over again at 1 following the change to the Tri-Service System in 1962. You can read more about this system and various violations of it here:

www.aerospaceweb.org...
www.aerospaceweb.org...
www.aerospaceweb.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Yay! I guessed right, I'm a genius!

Thanks for the links aerospaceweb

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I like Waynos' point about missing numbers (thanks Fin) and odd re-numbering...

but at least it's not as hard as WW2, where, from memory, M3 referred to a tank, a half-track, an SMG (Grease Gun) and no doubt a few other items as well.

I mean White M2 Scout Car to M3 Half-track I can see.

And from M1 Garrand to M2HB .50cal Browning to M3 Grease Gun I can also (almost) see.

And M1 to M2 to M3 (Lee/Grant) to M4 (Sherman) tanks I can see.

But why were so many things designated with an M to begin with?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
edit - do you think that there is any possibility that the 'F-24', if it is indeed a real plane, might turn out to be the 'real F-19'?

[edit on 14-12-2005 by waynos]

Hey, that makes scense to me. Maybe we have been chasing the wrong numbers the whole time. Is there a good way to chase this hunch and see where it might go?

In the Maze of lies and deception our government had created, anything is possible. U2U me if you would be intrested in seriouls fallowing up on this.

Tim

Joke of the Day: In an underground hanger at Groom Lake, a CIA pilot sits in the cookpit of a TR-3 Spy Plane listening to the news as he sets the cookpit up for a secret reconnissance mission. As he listend to the news, he hears a DOD official telling the Press that Area 51 doesn't exist, and that there are no secret spy planes flying in the US. As he reaches up to turn the TV off, he sees a book on the Aroura laying open in front of him. At the top of the Page it says:

Chapter 1: Would your government lie to you?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join