It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle in the Nevada desert...what is it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I know there have probably been threads on this, but I haven't found any. Anyone know the history of this triangle? What is it? How did it get there? What purpose does it serve?

external image

Link to full size image

Mod Edit: Image size only.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
WOW thats massive

Sorry have no idea how or when it got there but would be interesting to know ....

Good spot...!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here it is called an inactive bombing target. This leads me to form two questions. Why a triangle? Why so large?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Is it just me or is there a giant E or 3 at the top of the triangle?

Well really it could be both I guess depending on which way you look at it

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It sure as Hell looks like the "All Seeing Eye" on the $1 Bill, which we all know is the sign of the Freemasons, or Illuminati, or Knights Templar, or whichever sect of whichever group they appear to be today.

Is this a real picture, & not a doctored pic? Not accusing, only asking respectfully.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ya spartan thats the first thing that came to mind. The dollar bill. Also I know a way to fake an image like that. Here, is an example of what you can do with google earth. He could of done something like this...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hmm. It would seem that editing to add a link deletes the rest of your post. That's one to bear in mind folks.

Anyway. Yes, there is a 3 at the top, no it hasn't been doctored. There are more symbols such as this littered about the Nevada desert.

Taken from here.

[edit on 5/12/05 by Implosion]

Another one. [minus the triangle.]

[edit on 5/12/05 by Implosion]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Is this a real picture, & not a doctored pic? Not accusing, only asking respectfully.

As real as the nose on your face
. I recommend downloading Google Earth and looking for your self. There are other 'bombing targets" in this area. There have actually been a few threads about the groom lake area's Google Earth images.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wooow.. That is sweet.

Yeah something illuminati or such came to mind. I also thought of crop circles. While not a "crop" circle still has sort of the same purpose of signaling/locating.

Yuriko

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Is it just me or is there a giant E or 3 at the top of the triangle?

Well really it could be both I guess depending on which way you look at it

That was the first thing that stuck out to me as well. It doesn't mean "East", because it is on the northern tip.

It could be the target/range number though.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
A pilot one time told me they wrap the bulleyes in an equlateral triangle so trainees can tell them apart from fields, strip mines, etc.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Hi im new to this forum but ive been a lurker for a few years. i just happened to read about the triangle picture and i started up google earth to look around that area of the triangle and found another shape. Its a big bullseye. i just thought id share it with you brilliant people. I sure hope these things arent fake. i just cant see these things being used as targets. to me thet are way to huge. but anyways heres the picture.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
UPDATE--- Ok i just found a bunch of these things. it kinda does look they are targets maybe. this triangle looks creapy to me though. each corner has 3 craters it looks like.

if you guys want ill post the other ones i found also.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There are a number of oddities in these deserts, especially around the groom lake area. You can find roads that run to the middle of a dry lake beds and you see what looks like where buildings used to be. My theory is that there are underground complexes here. Also, sometimes you see gigantic perfect circles that seem to be roads. I think these are underground particle accelerators. For use with Black Op programs.

I originally started off my ATS journey from finding these items on Google Map. The first thread I ever posted can be found here, along with A LOT of snapshots from the area around Groom Lake. I still question some of the answers I received, but anyhow, good luck with the search for answers!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The target is large because it's really easy to miss when you're using a dumb (unguided) bomb.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think some are bomb ranges, some are not, especially the smaller ones. Anyway, I believe some of these larger ones are for nuclear bomb runs. Meaning these bombs would probably be dropped from the stratosphere, thus they would need a decent target to be seen from that distance. More than likely a nuclear bomb would be dropped on a large city. Many of these are, I'm sure, outdated ranges in today's ICBM world.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
They don't have to be "underground complexes" or such. They could be foundations for abandon range buildings from WW2 or something.

I don't think the three dots in the corners of the triangle are craters but could be towers or markers of some sort.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The original picture is a bombing target. The triangle is used to ensure that they didn't bomb strip mines or natural markings by mistake. It also gives them a direction or heading for the bombing run. They were made large so that they could drop iron bombs from high altitude. It was from targets such as this that the high altitude bombing doctrine was developed, which allowed for the aircraft to fly above the antiaircraft gun range and still hit their target. During WW2, most bombing was done at or below 10,000 ft. Even the development of the Norton bombsight couldn't help with the altitude problem.
They weren't used to practice bombing, but to develop bombing techniques.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
They're 100% bombing ranges.

It's pretty much been explained in the other posts but I'd like to add that the three small craters in each of the tiangle points is interesting. Not sure what those are specifically.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The circles are old dried up farms

top topics

<<   2 >>

join