It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swimmin' in yer guts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There was a great urban legend getting around in Australia. Some fiend snuck into a water-park and superglued razor-blades to the bottom of a section of a waterslide. The next day one unfortunate soul was going down the slide on his stomach and...

Did this one do the rounds in any other countries?

I heard it when I was in my early teens and it sure put me off water-slides!

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You just painted a very grisly picture. YUCK........

I've never heard this one before and it would be interesting to find out if there was any truth to it. I could see how easy it would be to glue something to the bottom of a slide.

I hope this is just an urban legend....

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Some guy here went back through the newspaper archives in each of the cities and towns it apparently happened in and could find nothing to confirm it.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
Some guy here went back through the newspaper archives in each of the cities and towns it apparently happened in and could find nothing to confirm it.

Yeah it was a hoax, never happened. I don't think anyone is that sick... well I certainly hope not cause ouch!

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yeah, it conjures up a pretty visceral image(no pun intended).

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The only pool related urban legend i've heard in Australia was when a kid mistook a skimmer box for a toilet and sat on it and the suction was so great it sucked his guts out of his rear end

pretty nasty

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by obiwan15
The only pool related urban legend i've heard in Australia was when a kid mistook a skimmer box for a toilet and sat on it and the suction was so great it sucked his guts out of his rear end

pretty nasty

I thought that one had some basis in fact. I thought I saw something on the ABC years ago about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i don't know if that one had some truth in it or not but it still is pretty nasty nonetheless.
I suppose if the suction was strong enough it could happen

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
That makes me sick just thinking about it. I hope it is not true. I wish I hadn't have read this.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I heard of it when I lived in Wales. But apperently the cuts were made by ill fitting sections of the tube just sticking out in places.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I've never heard of the sitting on the skimmer basket one but I have heard of the water slide one. I think they are both false though. Have you heard about the guy that got his penis caught in the skimmer intake?!? That one is 100% true...What a moron... check it out

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Man, that guy must have been hard up.

I was sure the skimmer box story was true, so I had a look and found this from the Western Australian Government:Death by skimmer box

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
And this from the U.K. Disturbing stuff.Suction injury

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Man i hope this didn't realy happen as that mad me feel sick.

On a simaler note, here in the UK, drug users were putting the tips of used needles in between the keys on Cash machines(ATM's). They also were putting them into Bus seats so that when you sat down they stabed you.

Sick people here in the UK.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The one I have heard of a waterslide accident was a guy went down the slide on his stomach but feet first. His toenails were ripped off in one of the slides cracks where 2 pieces fit together. Not sure if it's true. But they do warn people with body piercings not to go down waterslides.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by librasleep]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
thats pretty sick...imma have to tell people at my school bout that...

new topics

top topics

join