It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Politics: NDP voters are once again being pressed to vote Liberal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Just like last election NDP voters are being told to vote Liberal to keep the conservatives out of power.
Canadian Auto Workers union president, Buzz Hargrove, endorsed this type of 'strategic' voting yesterday.

www.cbc.ca

Vote Liberal where NDP can't win: CAW boss

Liberal Leader Paul Martin urged members of the Canadian Auto Workers to abandon the New Democrats, a pitch that won the support of the head of the union.

During a campaign stop in Toronto, Martin warned union members that there is "a fundamental clash of values" between Liberals and Conservatives and that they have to make a realistic choice

"Now I know many of you in this audience have supported the NDP, but I also know this: Liberals or Conservatives, one of us will form the next government," said Martin.

He urged CAW members to make a choice, between himself and Conservative Leader Stephen Harper.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Everyone knows we are going to be facing a new minority government. Either it will be the corrupt Liberals or the destructive Conservatives. Neither is a good choice why not vote for who you like? Having to vote for the Liberal party or the Conservative party makes me sick and I won’t be voting for either of them.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It'l probably be liberal, since theNDP would never side with the conservatives, and if the conservatives sdie with the BQ, putting power before principles, they will servely test the loyaty of the supporters.

The NDP's are probably happy enough to get fewer seats, if it gives them more influence, by leading to a Liberal minority, in which they hold the balance of power. That's why the Unions are begining to swing liberal, adn tell their voters to go for Martin. The NDP's are aiming for the balance of power. It gives a re party that could never even form official oppostion enormous power!

join