It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Amplified Air Guitar.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Not to brag but my air guitar is incredible. My scales, taps, sweeps, dive bombs etc., etc., are all flawless. But when i try to pull them on my Strat. well,...not so much. :shk:

But have no fear my fellow air guitar virtuosi:

www.newscientist.com...

Aspiring rock gods can at last create their own guitar solos - without ever having to pick up a real instrument, thanks to a group of Finnish computer science students.

The Virtual Air Guitar project, developed at the Helsinki University of Technology, adds genuine electric guitar sounds to the passionately played air guitar.

Using a computer to monitor the hand movements of a "player", the system adds riffs and licks to match frantic mid-air finger work. By responding instantly to a wide variety of gestures it promises to turn even the least musically gifted air guitarist to a virtual fret board virtuoso.

Aki Kanerva, Juha Laitinen and Teemu Mäki-Patola came up with the idea after being invited to develop a virtual instrument as part of their coursework. "The first thing that came to mind was an air guitar," Kanerva told New Scientist.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hellllllllllllo BTS are you ready to roooock.....owwwww.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
*cough, bump, cough*

How did this, the greatest scientific discovery in the history of mankind, not get any replies? :shk:

More impressive than sliced bread, more innovative than the wheel, cooler than quantum physics...it's the flying car, personal jetpack and cheap moon trips all rolled into one!

Maybe it's just me.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is the best thing ever. Now I can finaly start my band!

join